All parent member reviews for Kung Fu Panda

Adult Written bykeeyanoosh March 7, 2012

kung fu panda the game

this game has too much violents. i think this game should be unrated
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byjnhidden August 7, 2009

Really cute story line (adventure mixed with challenges and combat fighting). I let my two boys play it at age 7 and 9 and felt very comfortable with that. Combat is not over the top & the characters are cartoons. Aligators and other enemies might be scary for some 6 year olds (if impress.) but probably not. Not any more violent than some cartoons we grew up with except that I think there is a difference in a video game where your child is the active participant and aggressor. With that said though, no death and characters are cute even when defeated or hit, it doesnt seem like they are violently damaged (just defeated). Over all, I highly recommend. Cute story, cute (and cool) characters who are role models (panda saves villagers from bullies, protects objects from getting stollen and returns them, etc). I limit video game playing (try, but this game is addictive, b/c it is so good) and make the kids spend at least some time on weekends doing other activities (board games, sports, family activities, reading, kid's events) to try to provide balance.