Kid reviews for Luigi's Mansion 3

Luigi's Mansion 3 Poster Image

What the hell is wrong with Common Sense Media?

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a very nice and spooky Nintendo game that is very fun and enjoyable that you'd surely like. This here is one of my most favourite Nintendo games so I'd recommend you at least try this game at least once before you die. The violence here is nothing to worry about at all. Just that Luigi needs to slam ghosts on the ground in order to suck them up into his vacuum. Luigi is also really brave in the game as well as he overcomes his fears. He also doesn't give up to save Mario and the rest from King Boo. So, in my opinion. Luigi's Mansion 3 is perfect for a 6 year old!

Spooky game.

What do you use to talk to ghosts? A Luigi board!

Fun game with awesome atmosphere!!

This is a really cool game!! I love the setting of it; all the levels are all super unique and I especially love the hotel shops level!! Very, very cool!! I give this game a rating of 9+ because the puzzles can be pretty difficult, and I don't think a lot of kids younger than 9 will be able to get the puzzles. Sometimes I can be stuck on a puzzle for quite a while! My favourite part of this game is looking for all the gems, exploring and sucking up the ghosts is really fun! There's this new "slam" technique in Luigi's Mansion 3 that the other 2 Luigi's Mansion games don't have, where you can slam the ghosts to the ground. I don't think this is violent, however some do. I don't think the bosses are scary, however certain younger kids might get scared of Hellen Gravely when she turns "evil" since her eyes turn red and her hair goes all "scraggly." But if the kid doesn't get scared playing Bowser's Fury, they'll be fine with Luigi's Mansion 3, since I think more kids find Fury Bowser scarier than the ghosts in Luigi's Mansion 3. Gooigi is awesome!! I love how you can go through spikes, drains, etc by switching in between Luigi and Gooigi! Overall I think this game is great and you should totally get it if you're into Mario games, puzzle games, exploration games or all of the above!!

Goofy Nintendo Game

Just a normal goofy, fun Nintendo game that everybody loves to play, I own the game, I don't play it a lot anymore, I've gotten to the first boss fight so I wasn't really having fun while I played it, but its probably good for five year old(s) since it's not really scary but kind of goofy, fun, and family-friendly. For all ages!

I LOVE IT!

My brother owns Luigi’s Mansion 3, and he loves it. Because of the scary scenes and the violence, it should have an E10+ rating instead of the E rating. I don’t think young kids will learn how to fight ghosts, so I would rate the game for children aged 7+.

Weegie Time!

This game is awesome! Luigi is the best! I totally recommend it to your family, nothing is gory and graphic, yet spooky! If you haven't already played the first game, I will tell you about it a little. Mario and Luigi win a mansion! But, then Mario gets stolen and trapped in a painting. Luigi must help Mario by defeating the ghosts. This game encourages thinking and skills, and facing fears to help save people you love. And at a sleepover me and my friends came over and we were playing a game inspired by Luigi's Mansion. There are sweet moments, in this spooky Nintendo game, and to the people who find things scary, this is the scariest Nintendo gonna get.

Appropriate and Easy

It's VERY appropriate. You fight ghosts, but it's very cartoon. The violence is very minimal. Luigi sucks up the ghosts in the vacuum. The ghosts have various attack methods, but none of them are bad. But nothing bad. Even when Luigi dies, he just falls over and it's literally just like he fell asleep. He literally has his hands under his head like he's sleeping. Concerns about Gooigi have been raised in other places, so I'm going to address that quickly. "Gooigi" is an invention by E. Gadd, the inventor. He's a goo copy of Luigi. He opens up options for Co-op, he can regenerate as many times as you want as long as Luigi is still alive, he melts if he gets wet, and can go through bars, gates, fences, etc. The concern was raised for single-player mode, when players need to switch back and forth as there's some parts that require Googi. It seems like Gooigi is sucking Luigi's soul, and vice versa, as they switch back and forth. I didn't notice this until I read an article online, most kids don't notice anything. Since you are playing as 2 different people at once, the "soul" switches back and forth, so it looks like they're sucking each other's souls and the character without the soul is hanging there lifeless. True, but it's not really creepy. Once of those things that sound creepy when described but aren't bad at all if you watch it. It's surprising to be included in kids games, sure, but not a deciding factor. Look up videos on YouTube and you'll see that it's not bad. It's very easy to play. I play with my 3 year old brother all the time. He fights all the basic ghosts by himself. He'll ask for help with some of the puzzles or boss ghosts. But not very often as he prefers to just explore. He recognized "Bad Guys" and he fights them well. And he talks a lot about "Saving Mario" because saving the friends is the game's objective. But he's not scared at all, he just loves the game. Online Play: The Co-op mode is just for people on the same Nintendo Switch to join, like brothers or parents. However, there is "Scarescraper" mode and "Screampark" mode. Screampark has minigames, Scarescraper has a bunch of different floors with different objectives and you try to beat all the floors, both have no additional violence then the original "Story" mode. It brings in online play, where you can join other people. I'm not completely sure how this works, but I think you can just join the people you've friended on the switch, most likely just your real life friends. But even with strangers, there is absolutely NO chance of ANY inappropriate interactions. There's no chat at all on Screampark. On Scaresraper, there's 3 options of things you can say: Help, Over Here, and Thank You. Inappropriate Content for your kids if they see the word "Help" ? I think not. So the Online Play is nothing you should really be concerned about. The game is MUCH more about problem solving then violence. It's not gory, violent, or graphic at all. It's great for kids of all ages because it teaches them problem-solving and puzzles. Certain parts were hard for me, though, and I had to use YouTube tutorials. However, I regret that decision now that the game's beat, I wish I wouldn't give in to YT after 5 minutes of being stumped. It would have been a lot more fun. And there is no satisfaction of completion when you just looked up the answer. But my point is, it's a really fun game that's appropriate for all ages.