Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 6 kid reviews

Sort by:

GOOD FOR KIDS AGE 7

it's really good for eductation and friendship

Very fun game!

To start, I pretty much grew up with this game. It was the first game I ever owned for my ps2 when I was 8. It is a great game and really fun. And, quite honestly, it's very well done considering that it's a movie-based game. It's challenging enough to keep you playing, but easy enough that you won't throw down the controller and stomp off in frustration. There are some pretty challenging levels, though. Like, there's this one where you have to balance on these tree roots while dodging enemies (I actually got pretty frustrated on that one). There's not much for parents to worry about. But like the movie it's based on, it is a bit crude and rambunctious. You fight during much of the game, sometimes taking out cops, workmen, janitors, and other animals. However, it is cartoon violence, so there is no blood or gore (in fact, when you knock people out, the dizzy symbols appears above their head). Some of the levels have giant tarantulas that you have to fight, which may frighten younger players. Nothing really sexual besides the fact that Gloria's large (and quite visual) buttocks and butt-crack from the movie are not censored out. Also, two of her abilites are the ability to butt-bounce and hip-check. There is one scene where Melman (the giraffe) has to kiss another male animal as part of a prank, although a big black screen that says "censored" comes up while they are actually kissing. While this stuff is still in the game, it is meant for humor, and no extremely explicit content exists in the game. In all, this is a very fun game that will keep your kid playing for hours. Keep in mind that it is rated E-10, so there is nothing unsafe to worry about. Hope this helped! :)

Good game, but not for the youngest kids

I have the Playstation 2 version of this game and I like it. It does have some levels that will be a bit difficult for kids to go through, but a kid above the age of 7 will most likely be able to go through these levels fairly easily. Plus, the mini-games (which are Mini-golf, Shuffleboard, and Lemur Rave) are really fun and have a multiplayer option, so kids can play alone or with friends. Violence: Some cartoonish violence and Alex attempts to eat Mort in one challenge. Also, the final level has a battle with a strong fossa that might be a little bit scary to younger/sensitive kids. But nothing graphic is shown, and nobody gets seriously hurt. Consumerism: Based off the popular movie of the same name, so kids might want to see it after playing this game.

GOOD

Hard at first, but i learned

From Movie to Game, it Never Changes

This was a very easy game for me (coming from an expert). I absolutely loved this game, but the only problem was that it was too short. I would've loved more levels, especially for the wacky puzzles that were involved, and the action and abilities that were available. Definitely check this game out!