All parent member reviews for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Parent of a 10 year old Written bysafe watcher March 27, 2011

10 and up

theres hardly a cause word in the game and no blood its not about killing every on not like the title ithinck 10 or 11 year olds and above but if your an over pertectef parent theres nothing inappropriate. o and if you try to kill an one besides bad guys then you get a bunch of money subtracted form your mission incom. and drugs arent a problem but your pilot is drunk u dont see him all the time mabe once and he just aks like old man jinkens off of spongebob. but the most thing you will be doing is drivng or racing cutom cars
Parent of a 7, 7, 10, 12, and 14 year old Written bya sane person December 1, 2010

Not super violent or profane, but has a bad message.

Look, it dosen't send a good message to kids, but its made purely for entertainment, not to be instructive. It has some violence where you can kill people with pistols, machine guns, rocket launchers,ect, but there is no blood, gore, guts, dead corpses or torcher like many other games nowdays, the langauge is probably about 4 or 5 d*mns, which is about E-10 level langauge, and you see tobacco use. But the reason im rating it so high, is because its not very innapropriate, but I dont like the message it sends about killing hundreds of people for money.
Parent Written byTony Parker February 14, 2013

7 out of 10

Your kids will like it but there's some swearing like d*** and a drunk person
Adult Written byDJ Wolfman August 20, 2011

Hidden Depth

I've been a mercs fan for awhile. Most reviews I've read are spot on, my favorite calling it the Military Grand Theft Auto. There are parental concerns, most of them covered by the title. However I've found that the game explores a lot of Sociological themes, ecspecially in places where war is an issue. You have the Oil Company Mercenaries that are a major faction, that its self dares to say a lot more than most people dare to do about a serious issue going on right now. There are the native forces that are trying to over throw the new, dicatorship that has formed in Venezula. Later the game introduces the Allies, a not so subtle parody of UN troops, who are antagonized by the Chinese. To me that's a prediction of something most people haven't thought about until recently. Not to mention this game is a few years old. While I'm not saying it's a text book, I do believe that this game has deeper themes than most people give it credit for.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byjutisage December 31, 2009

Mercenaries 2 (FINE)

My 14 year old son bought the first mercenaries. He loved it so much when he heard about the second that was all he would talk about. He would show me the videos and pictures. The first thing that popped out to me was the Tatoo's and cigar. We eventually bought it for his birthday and we saw that you can dress differently and stuff so we approve this for young teens.
Adult Written byNico9000 March 29, 2009

Good

Cursing and violence are limited.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bymessenger December 13, 2008

not as bad as i thought

i dont disagree with the age that much but i belive that this out of all the games i have played is mild to say the least sure there is a swear word hear and there but by the time your kid is eleven and is anything but home schooled he knows enough about swearing that is second nautre to swear to his friends and not to the parents i would let my kid play it at 12 or even 11