Parent reviews for Minecraft

Minecraft Poster Image

Best game created. No wonder it's so popular.

Younger kids may not know how to play, as WASD controls might be hard to understand, and they might get scared of mobs and not know how to progress. The combat is good, as mobs only flash red when hurt, and once health is depleted they die. In survival mode, without cheats, you'll die when your health is gone, and you have to keep the hunger bar up, or you'll starve. Hunger bars also heal you. You can respawn when killed. Only in hardcore, you play like survival; gather resources, fight nature to survive, but you can't respawn in hardcore. You can spectate the world or delete it. In creative, no mobs will attack you, and you can fly, and have infinite resources. No food or health is needed.

9 people found this helpful.

It's more than a silly little block game.

I've been playing Minecraft since July 2010, so I've seen most major updates for game. The game offers "Infinite wonders and endless possibilities" Minecraft isn't actually infinite or endless, but it might as well be due to the large amount of things you can do with the game. My favorite parts of the game are survival and hardcore singleplayer, and survival multiplayer. Minecraft may seem simple at first, but there are a lot of mechanics under the hood and there are ways to manipulate the game in unintended ways. Multiplayer is another big part of Minecraft, where I play on my private servers with friends and family. There are a lot Multiplayer servers, although most are private. My favorite is my private server and 2b2t, the oldest anarchy server in Minecraft is another experience altogether. In summary, Minecraft is a game that is definitely worth a try, and is more than a simple little block game.

9 people found this helpful.
People who rate this game 1 star and say it is 'unsafe' are wrong: Minecraft warns you about 3rd party online play - and you can even disable chat, or just play single player. For the 'Monster Problem' this is a FANTASY game. Most fantasy games have death & dying, and if it is too much - enable peaceful mode. The addiction is inevitable, but considering over 200 million individuals bought the game, you can see why. Set a reasonable screen time If you want. Please do your research next time and choose the right review to trust. Peace out!

3 people found this helpful.

Minecraft is good

Its creative

AWESOME

1 person found this helpful.

Excellent game, be aware of online features.

Minecraft is an excellent game for young children to help encourage their creativity and problem solving. It’s also an excellent way to bond with kids, I play it all the time with my young niece. One thing parents need to be aware of though is the online features and micro transactions. As with any online space for kids parents need to carefully monitor what’s going on with their children. Before letting a kid play on any servers be sure to have a conversation about online safety, and check in often to make sure no one sketchy is using the chat function to talk to your kid. Let them know what to look out for as well. Also be aware that Minecraft is popular with all ages, so not every server is age appropriate. Be sure to check in with your kid and make sure they aren’t playing on servers they shouldn’t be. As for micro transactions, parents should be aware that Microsoft owns Minecraft, and is using a similar strategy to app games to make more money. Make sure your kid cant make purchases on their own, just in case. I also recommend having a conversation about micro transactions. Be aware that they will probably ask for things in the Minecraft marketplace. I have 3 different recommendations for dealing with this. The first is to explain that minecoins cost real money, and that you aren’t going to buy any. If you do this I also recommend explaining online scams. Children will often use google to try and find a way to get free currency in their favorite games, something hackers will exploit. You could also negotiate an allowance they can use to purchase minecoins. My second recommendation is to purchase Minecraft realms. It’s a monthly subscription that gives your kids access to a large chunk of marketplace content, and allows them to set up a small server for them and their friends to play on. My third recommendation is to play the PC version and learn how to use Mods, which are free additions to the game. I only really recommend this route if you are interested in playing as well though.

God dam this is great

I Was introduced to Minecraft a month ago and was HEAVILY dissatisfied with the lack of support from other people on this site, if you like games with hardship, fun and good range to do. This is your game. Don’t listen to others they are just angry that they are bad at this game, I saw a post talking about lag and other people on the game not being very nice to others but what did you expect when you decided to play this a server which minecraft dose not own or make, servers are made by players and those players have to look after it if it is a bad server or lagging it’s not minecraft it’s just they players that made it who did not bother to look after there server, thus minecraft is a great game and helps your kids and yourself use imagination to explore and desire your own world!

Certified hood classic

Best game ever, It's really helped Johnny ever since the accident.

Great

Minecraft is a really good game that teaches creativity. It is especially good for kids that are into artistic stuff. It does have dark caves which can be slightly scary, especially with the warden, a neutral boss that looks like a girl with horns and glowing eyes, but nothing too concerning.

Minecraft Is the best game

A lot of Karens and Boomers always think it is violent. No, Notch, the great creator of Minecraft and the community says Minecraft is for everyone, although, the Ratings says it is aged 10 and up. I think it is wrong. There is nothing inappropriate -=Multiplayer=- Most(99.9999%) of Minecraft servers are kid-friendly. People who does something inappropriate will face severe punishments.