All teen and kid member reviews for Minecraft

Teen, 14 years old Written bydr duck April 13, 2011

Complex, entertaing, addictive game is just plain fun.

This game is a wonderful game for tweens+. It is one of the most sold downloadable games ever, and is worth every penny. There is some privacy concerns by multiplayer, but you need an IP for this. (Even if multiplayer is FANTASTIC.) The monsters also can be frighting at times, but the game can be set on peaceful, removing the dangerous, scary monsters. You can die, but in a non-explicit way (The screen says "You Died!") This is a harmless game that is extremely addictive and enjoyable. It is fine for all ages, and deferentially worth playing.
Kid, 11 years old October 29, 2011

minecraft rocks

this is a grate game I would get it if I were you
Teen, 14 years old Written byway245 April 25, 2011

Warning: ADDICTING!!!!!

This is a great game, any age can play. There is no language, no talking in that case, but there is a place called The Nether (which is supposed to be hell) Players can kill monsters with anything like spiders, zombies, creepers, thieves, pig zombies, ghosts, and more. It is a puff of smoke when they die, no blood at all. This is a very fun game where you build to survive the night, and as you progress, make a bigger house, get better weapons, and better tools. This is a very easy pick up and play game.
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2011

Minecraft-Awesome Game

You can't deny that this is an awesome game, but without control, it will ruin your life. I started playing about 6 mths ago, and my next report card showed a drop of nearly 20% in my marks. Everything started to go wrong, and my life went out of control. I would sit there for 10 hours on end, eat, and carry on playing. My parents bought Norton Safety Minder, and it saved me. I started to go outside again, and I got my life back. I would recommend this game to anyone, as long as you have the control. I wouldn't give it to children under 7, because if they play multiplayer, there is vulagar language on some servers.
Teen, 17 years old Written byStuff670 May 26, 2011

GREAT GAME

THIS IS AN EPIC GAME!!! iv been playing since Alpha 1.3 and i have to say, all the new updates have brought just a little bit of fun into my life every time i play. the mobs are only scary when it is dark and you have the volume on loud. my creativity has griped me and i have made countless things such as water slides made of glass, MASSIVE castles made of stone, and taming wolves is so helpful now. i have a cage with 22 wolves in it:) GREAT GAME
Teen, 14 years old Written byJCK12 April 30, 2011

10+

This game is a great game for 11+. There is nothing bad about the game. The only problem is dungeon music. whats the problem about it it's a bit scary because randomly (when by a dungeon) a freaky noise goes off like a ghost's sigh or breath or thunder and another bad part about minecraft is going on youtube to look at other peoples stuff usually the guy drops the F bomb or other language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybdd458 April 15, 2011

Good for 13+ ?!?! You're out of your mind!

PERFECT FOR EVERYONE! It's fun, you need an I.P of the server you are going to play on, so safety IS NOT AN ISSUE! I only don't like Griefers. Or lag.
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2011

Great Indie Game

Minecraft is, as you probably know, an indie (independent) game. It focuses on mainly trying to survive and prosper. Monsters come out of the night and in caves (via a mob spawner) and try to kill the player. A list of some of those monsters are zombies, skeletons, creepers, and spiders. While there is no blood, people can upload "texture packs" that make some of those creatures look like they are bleeding. The monsters are different and varried. The only original monsters I have incountered are Pigmen, a mob that does not attack until attacked, and a creeper, a monster that, unlike other mobs, does not make a sound when following you. They "creep" up near you and they make thier only sound "sssss..." and explode. The only questionable thing in it to me is that there is a "Hell" in MC called the "Nether". In it are demons, ghosts, and pigmen. In the nether, at random times loud screaming sounds can be heard. The only way to get there, however, is to build a portal. You must mine an immence amount of obsidian (one of the hardest substances in the game) to build it. Overall, this game deserves a 5 out of 5.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2013

ITS AWESOME

ITS AWESOME ITS AWESOME ITS AWESOME
Teen, 14 years old Written byjoshsteele4ever October 18, 2011

MineCraft: Best game, for everyone, ever.

Honestly, this is an amazing game. For everyone! As soon as your kid can use a computer give this to them! No matter race, gender, or religion, this game is a great influence. Don't listen to the bad reviews, It’s just a bunch of soccer moms who micromanage their poor kid. "Scary noises"??!?! Aare you kidding me?!?!? The scariest noises are the zombies who sound like old men with sore throats singing opera, and the ghats(fat, jellyfish-like ghosts) who sound like nasally three year olds with asthma. And violence? Your kid will see that every day, punching a few cartoon boxes until then disappear in a puff of smoke and respwan in three seconds is not violence. The worst part is all you parents out there saying "Oh no! YouTube videos with profanity!" Well guess what, YouTube and Minecraft are different things. If someone takes a track from "my little pony" and overlays the soundtrack with swearwords, it doesn't mean "my little pony" is a bad thing for your kid, it means that there are stupid people out there that will do bad things to basically everything. If you don't want to let your kid hear profanity, don't let them go one YouTube for goodness sake! Also, your child doesn't have to have multiplayer! And even if they do, it is privatized unless you change it! The system uses player's I.P. addresses to connectm so if your kid makes a server, only the people he gives his I.P. to will be able to talk to him via the tiny chat window which can be minimized. Overall, this game is amazing. It helps your kid be creative with the "Creative mode" where the player is supplies with infinite blocks of every resource in the game, invincibility, power to fly, and break blocks in one hit. This allows for incredibly easy gameplay and ability to create amazing structures and sculptures Then for a more action-like game, set it to "Survival”, where you, the player, will still be able to build amazing things, but they have to survive! (Hey, just like real life, eh?) They will have to collect blocks to build a home to shelter them from the elements, and create utopias for themselves. This inspires kids to build effective things, like defense mechanisms, impenetrable fortresses, armor to keep them safe, and roller-coasters (well technically they are minecarts, but you and all your monster friends can hop into one, and have a whale of a time zooming around the world on tracks) Oh, and the game actually does have instructions (Go to the menu by pressing escape, then go to controls, which based on the version will be in the "options" segment of the menu, or on the main page) Also, the game has a plot: -You, a Brave adventurer by the name of Steve, was sailing home from a grand adventure. But suddenly, you find yourself in a mighty storm, and are shipwrecked. You wash ashore in a strange land, uninhabited by humans. Or not anymore...after stumbling upon abandoned villages, you learn that the land's name is Minecraftia. The villagers have lived long, happy, lives in this paradise, and you realize it would be best for you to do the same. You let your adventurous side of you take charge, and build shelter. You begin mining the rich soil, and you defend yourself from the more violent inhabitants of the land. And you find packs of wild wolves, which you quickly become best friends with your cute, canine friends, and together you will turn this land into a utopia, for all whom like you, find themselves here. Adventure, creativity, and an epic storyline are waiting. Why are you?- Video games usually get a bad rap, but even lonely adults with bad jobs and little life who play this game earn a decent amount of my rare respect. A+ to the infinite power. Not a game like it. Beautiful. Video and Computer games usualy are looked down opon, as wastes of time, and bad influence
Kid, 10 years old October 9, 2011

Minecraft, such a beautiful game.

BEST! GAME! EVAH! I am so glad I bought this. But sadly, many people start it up, play for 5 minutes and then uninstall it going " I just wasted my money on a terrible game with 8 bit block graphics, who in their right mind would make this?! There is no point to it!" But there is much more to it! First off, the 8 bit block graphics make it look fun and you can always install other texture packs, if you want a circle in the game. Which is total blasphemy. Also, THAT'S the point of the game. There IS no point! You wonder about thinking " what the heck should I do? " For a moment, then in no time at all, your punching trees and building giant wooden mansions or hobbit caves. You need many things to survive, and this game will teach what animal gives what meat, except that sheep don't get lamb yet.... This game totally inspires creativity and imagination. And at times, this can be the silliest game on earth! You can kill pigs with feathers and punch up work with your fist! but this leads on to the violence. Which is no problem at all. Enemies/characters DO die, but all in the same way with a quick disappearance into cartoony square clouds. It's the scare factor that you have to worry about. When you launch the game, the day is beautiful and you go about punching trees and whacking chickens. But when the night comes, monsters come out. You will be alerted by this with some fairly scary noises, such as moaning and hissing and clicks. Monsters consist of: Classic zombies, ( the green ones in torn clothes that stick their arms out going " braaaaaaaains " ) Creepers, ( annoying snakes that have tnt instead of a stomach, causing them to blow up when agitated, scared, or in pain, or usually when they see something very nice you have built. ) Giant spiders/Cave spiders. Deadly silverfish and Endermen. ( INCREDIBLY annoying tall black creatures that pick up natural blocks and put them in odd positions. So make sure your house is manmade. They will attack you if you look directly at them and they look at you. They can teleport, which makes it insanely hard to avoid them once you seen them. Your shelter would be useless against it, as it will just teleport inside. ) The online gameplay is entirely open though, no filter and hardly any moderation... it also requires you to open your ip address which is bad news. So stick with single player. The game in terms of how good it is, well, no one can really describe it besides how beautiful it looks out of blocks. It is definitely the best buy and download from the internet game out there though. It's so amazing! Overall, I can only describe this game in one word: EPICNESS! EDIT: I now love multiplayer, as somebody on the forums had opened a server just for me and my friends and we have a few rules to keep out inappropriate content. Also, alot of server do this to stop little kids knowing bad stuff. EDIT 2: This game is now fully released and has some suggestive themes. When given food, animals will breed with other animals and create little baby animals, you can watch them do this, but all it is is them bumping into eachother with hearts everywhere. In the new update that's coming out fairly shortly, NPC villagers will " repopulate " To stop the population getting eaten by zombies. Oh yes, that's the next thing. More scare factor. There are now mildly disturbing " mooshrooms " which aren't that scary, but can freak you out at first. They're basicly mushroom infected cows. There's another new creature in the game which will only be found ONCE in lucky minecraft worlds. They are found in a new dimension and the portals to it are hardly EVER found. Which is why only a lucky world will get it, as to they don't always spawn. This creature is a dragon, more specifically, a dragon version of the enderman. Yeah, it's scary. Look at it and it won't teleport, however it will fly straight towards you as soon as you look at it, with glaring purple eyes and spikes. It'll crash straight into you and send your character flying into a neverending abyss of the digital end. If you manage to defeat this beast, it explodes into a ball of light and creates a portal, leading to the credits. These credits are incredibly scary. Well, not really scary, but highly disturbing and dark. They are about 10 minutes long as well. They make out that you are this god of a world, and that the life your living in is a dream, begging you to wake up. The detail they put into this story certainly gave me a few dreams that were no doubt caused by this amazing game. Thus for these new reasons I have changed my rating from on for 9 to iffy for 8. But my wow factor of the game remains the same. 999 out of 5 stars!
Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki April 17, 2011

Best mining game ever.

I got addicted to the game like many others. At night, watch out for creepers, skeletons, zombies. Try making holes everywhere so they don't hurt you but get trapped as well. My biggest gripe is how to actually load Minecraft. You need Oracle-Sun's Java platform. Sometimes it is not easy to install.
Teen, 13 years old Written byplaybill313 June 4, 2011

Amazing Indie Game

This game, made by the small gaming company Mojang, is an amazing example of what every sandbox game should be. I wish I could say more, but my original review was lost. It stimulates creativity and intuition.
Kid, 9 years old August 13, 2012
LEARNING

Minecraft-A world full of creativity and fun!

I absolutely love this game because of its fun building, crafting and mining theme. On your first day you run around punching trees, mining a bit of stone or coal or even iron, building a shelter and crafting other stuff such as a crafting table, a furnace, or a chest (just some of the things you can craft.) But when night falls scary monsters come out. Well not really scary but there can be some disturbing noises. If you are concerned about this, turn the difficulty to 'peaceful' and this means monsters can't spawn. It can be frustrating if you die but if you don't die in lava and you died close to your spawn point you can get your stuff back easily. It teaches creativity and about different minerals. The only mineral that is not in real life is redstone, although you can make fun machines with that. I love making complex minecart systems that go around my world. Another concern is online servers. If the server does not have any rules, players can swear although mods (moderators) can ban them. You can also get many mods, texture packs, maps and other fun stuff to edit the game. It is one of the best games ever made!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashwolf88 April 18, 2011
this game is really fun and with so many nice people to play this its a great pc game and should be played by everyone who has good computer skills and likes legos
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2012

Single Player: 7 and up. Multiplayer 10 and up.

Minecraft is an awesome game. This game can be very educational and is very fun. I would say that for 7 and up, single player would be okay. For under 7, I'm not too sure. First of all, there are monsters at night which could be frightening to children. There is no blood or gore. These monsters can be turned off. For multiplayer I would definitely say at least 10 and up. This is because on public multiplayer servers, players can chat with other people and possibly share information. Minecraft is an awesome game and as long as your child is around 7, he should be okay.
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2011

Minecraft is amazing!

I think it's very educational because there are many decisions, and that's good! But for some younger children and young tweens it might be scary. Most of the time there are frightning noises when you might be near a cave. It does scare me a lot. But other than that you learn how to survive your nights and get creative and make: an upside down house, a castle, a big huge dollar sign. Most kids are really addicted to Minecraft. Most families play together and I thinks it sweet. Even adults play. You look at some videos and there are father and son gameplay. Check it out! Theres also another thing. They have a server for kids -16 called Minecraft4Kids.org! Amazing server!
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2011

Minecraft Rocks!

minecraft is so much fun! you craft items make houses go mining for gold, iron etc.. but what should worry is the zombies and the creppers they can be a little scary for younger players and sometimes you kill sheep for wool but no blood is in it
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2013
LEARNING

great game

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE, COMMON SENSE. THIS GAME IS FOR 2 YEAR OLDS!
Teen, 14 years old Written by15wintermt June 2, 2011

Mike Rahimzadeh Sucks!

Ok, Minecraft is a very, very amazing game that lets kids explore the aspects of architechture...and themselves <3. Also, no matter who you are or what you do , I will find you and make you play minecraft at some point in your life. That includes you Mike Rahimzadeh...