Kid reviews for Mirror's Edge

A refreshingly different take on first-person action.

Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2015

Amazing game

I've played about four hours and this game is just amazing. There are some guns but no blood is shown when you shoot enemies. The only time blood is shown is on the screen when you get hurt, but it is not realistic blood.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGamersnews32 April 17, 2019

The game is pretty innocent!

A mild game. Light profanity and mild blood effects. Great story and characters. Nothing bad about this game at all. You mainly punch and kick enemies, but you are able to pick up weapons (shotguns, pistols). Small puffs of blood is seen.
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2016

Words can't express how much I love Mirror's Edge.

I got the game Mirror's Edge (I really like the title as well lol) for my 11th birthday, which was not too long ago, October 2nd. (This review is written on October 19th) And oh god, how I love this game. Was my mind blown? Unfortunately, no. It EXPLODED WITH A FORCE SEVENTY THREE TIMES THE FORCE USED TO BLOW UP HIROSHIMA! (Am i a bad person for making that connection?) I love Mirror's Edge so much I wrote a fanfiction about it entitled Mirror's Edge: The Faith Files. I may publish it online. I don't think it sucks. The only problem I have with this game is its length. It is so short, but then Mirror's Edge Catalyst came out and put all my worries away. Anyway, the age. Parents may be slightly apprehensive when their child asks them for this. Violence, Blood AND Language? It's a triple threat! (Well no, that would be Violence, Nudity and Language but that's beside the point) but the violence is mostly hand to hand combat, however you can pickup a gun after you disarm one of the Blues and take their gun, and you can shoot them. SPOILER FOR VERY EARLY IN THE GAME: there is a scene where Kate, the main character's sister is framed for murder. This spot has a man's dead body slumped over his desk with a bullet in the side of the head, and some blood. Being 2008, the graphics are INSANELY GOOD and I honestly felt bad for this man. SPOILERS FINISH HERE. So, violence. Blood can be seen if you shoot a Blues, but it's minimal. PEGI screwed up soooooooooo bad in rating this 16. I think a Teen rating (ESRB) is appropriate. The language, well, I will say it's frequent. I'll be honest, s--t is said quite a bit. I think it's said about 6 times in the first hour of gameplay. Hell is very frequent, same with damn. B-tch may have been said a couple times. A-s is a common word, usually "Faith! Get your a-s back to base!" Or something of the like. S--t is used as an exclamation about 90% of the time. Kate yelled s--t really loud once and my mom heard and it wasn't too pretty ;) but I think this is a good game for kids getting into T games, for sure. The age for the content is 10, but I gave it an extra year because of the difficulty. If your kid is experienced with gaming, they won't struggle. I play Portal 2, The Talos Principle, Undertale, The Turing Test and the two Mirror's Edge games the most often of all my games, and I don't get bored of any, although I've beaten all the games mentioned there at least five times (I replayed Undertale 7 times and Portal 2 6) and this 5, and believe me, the campaign is about 2 hours shorter than it was on my first play through cause God did I die? Yes, I did. But it's nothing frustrating, unless those damn Blues are chasing you and they shoot you in the back. Anyway thank you for reading my review!
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2021

Hard but not inappropriate

some violence but the puzzles are way to hard.If it was easier it would get 4 stars.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJoe mama1234 March 30, 2021

I’m a 10 yr old and love this game but the use of the s word can be heard most times but if he mature enough he can play
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheT1000 February 8, 2021

One of the best games on PS3. Up there with AC2 and black ops 3.

Mirrors edge is brilliant. An awesome first person game that is action packed and has a great murder mystery storyline.
Violence: 4/5.
Language: 3/5. (Sh*t, b*stard).
Sexual content: 0/5.
Positive role models: 4/5.
My rating:
11+ for moderate violence, infrequent bloody images and occasional bad language.

Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2020

FUN

FUN no gore voilence

Teen, 13 years old Written byhellosir22 June 11, 2020

great pakour game

gun use,language, violence yes this game is great i would rate it 12

Teen, 13 years old Written byFrancis1737292 August 17, 2017

A little to difficult for 10 year olds

This game is great. For 2010 the graphics are good and the mechanics are awesome. This game does have a way to turn off graphic content but, if you leave it on and it can allow slight violence, and some swearing. But generally the game is kid appropriate besides for that. But the game has many difficulties. Some difficulties make the game extremely hard. The game might be appropriate for ten year olds but it is definitely too difficult.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFlamingKate July 30, 2017

Amazing game, and not very inappropriate.

This is probably one of my favorite games. You can hear s**t a good few times throughout the game, but the language doesn't get any worse than that. As far as the violence goes, it's not bad either. You are usually being chased by armed "police officers" (that's in quotes because the game takes place in a time when society has fallen apart, and the character you play as is not a criminal). The police men will shoot you or hit you with their gun within range. Your character can also punch, kick, slide into, and disarm them. Once disarmed or killed you can also take their gun and use it. However, all acts of violence are completely optional, though sometimes it can make the game a bit more difficult. The only other thing is that you can fall off of buildings, which just has a wind sound as you fall and the screen blacks out as you near the bottom.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2017

CSM didn't catch the violence

This game does have a bit more violence than CSM said. A man is show dead,
a bloody hole in his head. Players can pick up a gun, but do not have to. S--t,
hell used.

Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2017

It's a great game if your kid is mature enough.

VIOLENCE: It can get pretty violent at times. but there is no over-the-top-violence. You can kick, punch and shoot enemies but there is no blood. You only see blood when you're shot.

There isn't really anything too bad about the game.

This is an excellent first person game so don't miss it!

12+

Teen, 13 years old Written byperson1111 February 23, 2017

Ok, but hard

This is a hard game. Not much violence although it is mainly just hand to hand. Some very brief swearing, but good role models.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjdgame1 January 13, 2017

Great Game!!

Mirror's Edge isn't as bad as you would think. This is because there is little swearing, "S--t" "P--s-d" and "Damn" but it is not too excessive. You can shoot enemies with a gun which you pick up, but that is optional.

Kid, 10 years old October 27, 2016

Mirror's Edge

This game is extremely fun. There is some swearing, which concerns some parents, but characters in game don't swear that much. Just the occasional swear word here and there. My best friend plays this all the time. This game doesn't have that many good and positive messages, but it does embrace courage and strength.

Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2016

Great Parkour Game!

Sex And Nudity 0/10 None
Violence And gore 6.5/10 Guns are used, blood is shown but only on screen when your shot or hurt.
Profanity 5/10 S--t, damn, hell are used no f--k are said
Drugs 0/10 None
Frightning Scenes 5.5/10 When you fall of the buildings you die off screen and you can hear a bone crunch
SPOILER WARNING

Faiths sister almost dies in the end

Kid, 8 years old August 17, 2016

The demo would be better if it had to chapter beacause it is short

Kid, 9 years old August 12, 2016

An amazingly good game

Some parts are hard, but most of it is just platforming/freerunning/parkour, so either a 7 or 8 year old that understands a lot of things or a 12 or 13 year old could play it. Mild violence, guns (but you can disarm people) and only swears like a**, s*** (only once), and a**. If you shoot someone, you can't see any blood, and if you get shot, you can't even really see it, but you can go through the entire game without shooting. A great title overall.

Teen, 14 years old Written bywikman9 July 9, 2016

Absolutely awesome

This is an absolutely awesome game and I would definitely recommend it. There is some violence but it isn't very bad. You punch and kick corrupt police. You can take their guns and shoot them but you don't have to. There is even an achievement that rewards you for not killing anyone in the game. The only other thing is some fairly nasty crunching sounds if you fall from a tall building. Also, one character tries to kill you but you push him an he falls off the edge of a rooftop. He gtabs on to the ledge but a sniper shoots him in the back and he falls off. There is occasional swearing (sh*t) and no sex at all. Faith (the main character) is trying to clear her sister's name after she was st up when someone was murdered. I would recommend this to anyone except for those who are easily frustrated because it can be quite difficult.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytesla banter 128 July 9, 2016

Mirrors edge is amazing

Mirrors edge is an amazing parkour game there might be a few swear words and violence but other then that it's great