All teen and kid member reviews for Mirror's Edge

Teen, 15 years old Written byRyukGodOfDeath November 10, 2009

Great game!!!

Maybe there is some swear words but this game is one of a kind, great graphics and brilliant gameplay, also, the main charictor (sorry if i spelt that wrong) faith is a great rolemodel for yound girls to stick up for what they thing is good, but dont try theese stunts at home!!! 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written bySupaRamen June 18, 2010

Good for 10+

Basically I like the game, it's kinda hard to get used to the controlls but overall its a 5/5 No blood, if any, very little. If you're getting hurt there will be a red area that indicates where you're being harmed from. Basically you're a "runner" They do Parkour and Free-Running from building to building. You're goal is to grab packages from one place to another without dying or getting caught by the enemy. Honestly if you're iffy about this game. Download the Demo on the PS3. It teaches you what you're basically going to do. It involves real Parkour/Free-Running stunts and actions professionals use. Search up Parkour on youtube or Google if you still don't understand what this game is about.
Teen, 14 years old Written byProgamer May 7, 2010

Excellent. Pure Excellence. Parents Please Read.

I purchased this game on my 12th birthday, and found it to be fantastic. The great detail in visuals, combined with the quality of sound and realist feel of the gameplay really enhance the game. The language definitely is not an issue. There is only one case when the word S**t is heard, and several minor cases where d**n, and a** are heard. The violence is not bad at all, though there are cases where police and guards are shooting at you, and you do have to defeat several enemies (with either hand-to-hand combat or firepower) the blood is not an issue. There is only one case in the game were, for a moment, minor gore can be seen when you arrive at the site of a level, in a cutscene. You play as a heroic female trying to free her city from a corrupt government, but surprisingly, the game environment is not dark or "evil" seeming in any way. The gameplay itself is absolutely amazing. The main character is a freerunner, and most of the game you are moving across buildings, jumping from rooftops, and running on walls in a very realistic, Parkour-like fashion. The intricate level design, excellent voice acting, and amazing gameplay make this game one of the best game out there. I would highly recommend this game to anyone, it is great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDinostomper July 11, 2013

Action free runer.

It's very good. It's like a game where you run around and do cool tricks to get to a certain point. Along the way you can beat up cops. It's a good Action game.
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2009

Not Really Bad

Nothing's really bad about this game
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2015

Amazing game

I've played about four hours and this game is just amazing. There are some guns but no blood is shown when you shoot enemies. The only time blood is shown is on the screen when you get hurt, but it is not realistic blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKai Wu September 25, 2013

PARKOUR SIMULATOR

It's a great game for young parkour fans it's the closest you'll get too the real thing without training and hurting yourself sure there's a bit of blood but it looks like red sand and some swearing like s**t and d**n the story is good but lacks complication
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2013

Fine for Kids

although sometimes profane, there is extremely little blood, and you can complete the game without killing a single person.
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2011

Great game if you're 12 or over, iffy if you're not mature enough though

I love this game. I was amazed when I first played it, it was so different. You are a free runner and you run around the city doing acrobatic moves and stunts. There is some violence with a small amount of blood. Bad language includes s**t a couple of times, d*mn and h*ll are used throughout the game. There are negative messages and bad role models because you're breaking the law but there are positive messages and good role models because you're trying to help you're sister and fight for justice and what's right. In short, great game but some content unsuitable for immature kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytommy18 March 3, 2010

Not violent in nature, Good game.

Its a good game, Its not really violent at all. Most of it is free jumping and saving your sister i think, I don't follow storylines :P Very fun. A few cuss words. But overall ok for 10+ maybe.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykatamaris4ever November 23, 2009

Good but hard.

The only reason it's a high age rating is because of the fact that this game is HARD. It's almost like an 8-bit side scroller in the fact that it's pretty frustrating. Language may be an issue (obscenities spew out occasionally), and "bullet-time" events may be a teeny bit violent, but it's pretty safe for anyone 14 up. It's not a very violent game, but violent enough to take issue. Otherwise, it's a beautiful game with a pretty good running mechanic.
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2016

Words can't express how much I love Mirror's Edge.

I got the game Mirror's Edge (I really like the title as well lol) for my 11th birthday, which was not too long ago, October 2nd. (This review is written on October 19th) And oh god, how I love this game. Was my mind blown? Unfortunately, no. It EXPLODED WITH A FORCE SEVENTY THREE TIMES THE FORCE USED TO BLOW UP HIROSHIMA! (Am i a bad person for making that connection?) I love Mirror's Edge so much I wrote a fanfiction about it entitled Mirror's Edge: The Faith Files. I may publish it online. I don't think it sucks. The only problem I have with this game is its length. It is so short, but then Mirror's Edge Catalyst came out and put all my worries away. Anyway, the age. Parents may be slightly apprehensive when their child asks them for this. Violence, Blood AND Language? It's a triple threat! (Well no, that would be Violence, Nudity and Language but that's beside the point) but the violence is mostly hand to hand combat, however you can pickup a gun after you disarm one of the Blues and take their gun, and you can shoot them. SPOILER FOR VERY EARLY IN THE GAME: there is a scene where Kate, the main character's sister is framed for murder. This spot has a man's dead body slumped over his desk with a bullet in the side of the head, and some blood. Being 2008, the graphics are INSANELY GOOD and I honestly felt bad for this man. SPOILERS FINISH HERE. So, violence. Blood can be seen if you shoot a Blues, but it's minimal. PEGI screwed up soooooooooo bad in rating this 16. I think a Teen rating (ESRB) is appropriate. The language, well, I will say it's frequent. I'll be honest, s--t is said quite a bit. I think it's said about 6 times in the first hour of gameplay. Hell is very frequent, same with damn. B-tch may have been said a couple times. A-s is a common word, usually "Faith! Get your a-s back to base!" Or something of the like. S--t is used as an exclamation about 90% of the time. Kate yelled s--t really loud once and my mom heard and it wasn't too pretty ;) but I think this is a good game for kids getting into T games, for sure. The age for the content is 10, but I gave it an extra year because of the difficulty. If your kid is experienced with gaming, they won't struggle. I play Portal 2, The Talos Principle, Undertale, The Turing Test and the two Mirror's Edge games the most often of all my games, and I don't get bored of any, although I've beaten all the games mentioned there at least five times (I replayed Undertale 7 times and Portal 2 6) and this 5, and believe me, the campaign is about 2 hours shorter than it was on my first play through cause God did I die? Yes, I did. But it's nothing frustrating, unless those damn Blues are chasing you and they shoot you in the back. Anyway thank you for reading my review!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAwesomeness1212 March 2, 2016

Great game, with little to no blood

The game is pretty clean, with a few cuss words, the worst being s***. Minor blood can be seen in cut scenes, but nothing close to games like call of duty or gta. It can be VERY tough at times and a few scenes are kind of sad... But 10-10 game. If it were a movie, it would be rated pg-13 for violence and language. Hope you enjoy!
Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2011

parkour rocks

I dont have kids but swearing is not bad I mean compared to Section8 Predjudice but parkour is made exiting in battle and real parkour moves makes me exited for when I start my classes when I`m 13
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2011

pretty good

it has the occasional cuss word but make you think and concentrate very dynamic colors and good story
Teen, 14 years old Written byJim Henderson March 3, 2011

Fantastic

Y'know, the only problem i have with this game is shooting people with their own weapons.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTacoSpartan December 10, 2010

Awesome and Interesting!

This game kept me on the edge, really! It's easy to die or slip or miss a ledge. So, I have to be careful. XD The controls are hard to grasp at first but you get the hang of it. The concept is so interesting too. And I love how you just simply manipulate the objects around you, and the combat is awesome too! And you can get a gun. :3
Teen, 14 years old Written bySnufselufsen June 1, 2010

Good game

Personally I love this game, and I think that most teens over 14 doesn't have any problems playing it. For those under 14 there might be some iffy stuff, but an eleven year old could play this without any problem, so it varies from child to child.
Kid, 9 years old December 24, 2009

OK

This does not sound bad at all. Just maybe some bad words.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKavki St. Dane November 19, 2009

One of those rare, near perfect games

This game is simply brilliant - it practically makes it's own genre. The graphics are simple but they're clean and polished, giving the futuristic city a natural and at the same time eerily cold feeling. You play as Faith, a 'runner' - those determined not to be caged by the restrictions of the city and who act as efficient mail-carriers to get information and packages to other people trying to escape the corrupt legal system. It's a marvelous game in that it makes you use your head constantly to keep up with relentless enemies as you try to get out of situations; besides worrying about getting shot, you must also keep focused so as to coordinate your movements to keep from falling off the skyscrapers you frequently run atop. For the rating, the panel above gets it right on key - a bit of language, brief animated blood and some violence; probably the most disconcerting thing is the sound effects when you fall off of buildings - it very loudly announces when you're crunched on the pavement below. Other than this, I'd say most kids would love the game itself, though some may skip the cutscenes; I have a brother who has played this at the age of 11 and he had no problems.