All parent member reviews for ModNation Racers

Adult Written byErnesto M January 25, 2013

Fun

Its a fun game im sure kids will love it. But the game has a really aweful feature were your crew cheif insults the player. But overall its a fun game.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 9, 2012

modnation racers

Families can also talk about online safety in games. This game holds appeal for children, yet it offers sophisticated and open online communications. You may want to discuss the sort of subjects of conversation in which kids shouldn't engage, and what to do when confronted with unpleasant online personalities.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 January 10, 2011

Only for older kids 8-9 and up - very hard to play for young kids

Requires a lot of use of the buttons on the controller - making it much too difficult for most children under 8. My kids found it frustrating and hard - and while they've played racing games with the Wii, the fact that it is not Move-enabled and that it requires a lot of button work (shields, shooting) in addition to steering, braking, and accelerating, made it very difficult and not fun. I'm a pretty decent gamer and I couldn't play it well.
Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written byJDot4 June 12, 2010

Great way to express creativity. Fun for the whole family

The track, kart and character creation features are really easy to use and my kids have a blast expressing themselves and engineering their own things. Some times, they prefer the creation piece over the actual racing. The racing is easy to pick up, too and you can play up to 4 people on the same tv (split screen). I limit online for my kids so they aren't subject to the minor instances of language from older kids
Adult Written bycmbrm June 2, 2010

Cannot go online on PS3 without allowing full voice chat

first off my son likes this game, the single player is very hard and frustrating for younger gamers but I got him a 100% save from the internet and he spends most of his time building tracks and cars which he loves. He also likes racing the easier tracks and with friends he has over. The biggest issue I have is that with any parental controls on his account he cannot go online. I would have to enable full voice chat in order for him to connect. The problem with this is when you go online there is basically a home room with a handful of other people zipping around and you can hear anything they might say through a mic. All in all this is a pretty bad design decision for this game and with a 7 and 9 year old I am not willing to turn chat on for them. I am hoping they fix this soon but the above review implies that you can get online with voice chat disabled and at least on PS3 that is 100 % incorrect
Adult Written byYoda123 May 28, 2010

Load time fix on the way

Load times are a pain and most major reviews primary complaint. The devs have said a patch will be out shortly to fix this. Now, on to my review. Excellent controls and creation system on par with that of littlebigplanet. Great racing, best way i can describe it is an HD mario kart with a creation system. Custom levels shared online = free courses and as many as you want. If you want a kart racer with extreme replay value, look no further.