Kid reviews for My Singing Monsters

Charming, melodic, and genre-bending game for kids, adults.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFootbananas March 3, 2016

Review for My Singing Monsters

A lot of people complain about needing to purchase things to progress, which is not true at all, because while it does take awhile to get new islands and monsters it is still possible without purchasing things, plus that's the fun of the game... if you could just get all the monsters easily it would be boring. If you really care about the ads (which you can skip before you even see them) you can just pay $0.99 to remove them and get some gold. It does teach you a bit about managing your money, because you have to save up for food which is used to level up your monsters, new islands, upgrading you castles to have more monsters on your islands, or decorating. All the monsters are fun and the songs are good. It has a good community, although if you're a young child that doesn't really matter. Big Blue Bubble, the creators of the game, have fun events that you can participate in. It's one of my favorite apps and for free I think you should try it, you never know if you'll like it.

Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2018

Perfect ( literally)

This game is completely perfect I have nothing else to say (except that getting a new song for composer island costs too Much).

Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2017

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW!!!!

This is a great, non-violent game. You buy islands were you buy and breed monsters, each with a unique sound. When you collect a ton of them, there voices combined together make adorable, relaxing music! Each monster is so cute, and fun to watch. You feed them to level them up, and when you purchase or breed them, you can give them a name! I really enjoyed buying my monsters, and didn't really find a need to make an IN-APP purchase, although sometimes it was a little difficult to get rare monsters, although I tried my best and ended up getting a few. This game is very happy and cute, and it never glitches or crashes while I'm playing, which is very nice. Quite a good game.
Teen, 13 years old Written by2021mastimi March 5, 2016

Great game, but annoying ads

A great game! I personally enjoy as the rest of my family does! The songs are super catchy! Beware violent ads and tempting in-app purchases!

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Amazing Guy Dude May 23, 2017

I agree

This is a cute game not just for kids but adults would enjoy it too. Just remember if kids cannot purchase the in-app purchases to disable it to make it show the message when trying: "IN APP PURCHASES ARE NOT ALLOWED" so that the issues will not occur and if you want to buy them something on there just do it without them seeing it and giving it back to them. It also will make them interested in music and money. BUT I DO RECOMMEND YOU TO REMOVE THE ADS BECAUSE THEY CAN DISTRACT AND EVEN MESS UP THE KIDS' BRAINS IF SOMETHING TOO VIOLENT WAS SEEN! Just by a currency pack of any kind (even the lowest) to remove all the ads forever.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLizhassomethingtosay April 21, 2015

Ihavesomethingtosay

I think this is a great game, but if you want more diamonds for free, you have offers. These offers mainly contain of adult purchases. Such as credit cards, personal information, and buying subscriptions. You may get diamonds in the ratio of one through three. If you want more, preferably ten or higher, you could get them. But will have to go through the steps of credit cards, which most kids can't do. Other than this tiny problem, this application is perfect for kids.

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2019

99% kid friendly

So all you really do is collect coins, buy monsters, breed monsters, buy new islands and check out online islands (you can’t get in contact with the island owner you can only like and set torches). Nothing violent or scary about this game it’s just a safe and happy mobile game. Constant advertising pops up so make sure your child understands that people do act like there game is better than it is.

Kid, 9 years old October 20, 2018

Ok

In my HONEST opinion. I think its fine. The only problem I see is that there are too many inapropriate ads.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHihodough April 13, 2018

Fun game... but

It takes a long time to get new monsters and it has an ad that are to bloody for young kids, even though it is very unrealistic.

Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2017

Fun and Entertaining! But...

I've played this game for a couple of years now, and the game itself is great for younger kids (see below). It shows them how one part in a music piece may not sound all amazing alone, but as a whole they all sound wonderful. This game is pretty easy to function, without all the unneeded complicated stuff. Players can friend other players, but it's totally safe. There is no private messaging, personal info shared, etc. This only lets people view your island (cannot edit it in anyway), like and dislike your islands (totally anonymous- you do not know who likes/dislikes them), and light your torches. You can breed monsters in the game (you select two different monsters which will create something new), and torches increase your chances of getting rarer monsters. With all the friendly stuff, what makes this game not the first choice for younger ones? It's the in-app-purchases and how they convince you to buy them. When you breed monsters, you have to wait hours until they have finished (UP TO 60!), and then you have to go and out them in a nursery, doubling the time. Using a digital currency, diamonds, you have the ability to speed up that process. Coins are used to buy monsters, essential needs for your island, and decorations, and food is used to feed your monsters and transport monsters to better islands. There are also types of currency which are less used, such as keys, which are used to buy a specific species of monsters, and starpower (cannot be purchased), which is used to buy rare monsters and nicer decorations. All of this currency can be earned, but spent much more easily. Once players spend all of their currency and have to wait to earn more, they have a feeling of sadness as they really cannot do anything in the game for the time being. And that is where they go and buy currency, so the satisfied feeling doesn't go away. Currency can be very expensive, up to $100, and can be spent in one minute. Advertisements also greet you at the beginning of each play time, and can get very annoying. Of course, the only way to get rid of them is to purchase any kind of currency pack. you could easily disable in-app-purchases for young ones, but because the game is targeted around them it is most likely someone will turn them back on. Overall, the idea of the game is great for young children, but if they are to play they should be monitored. The game is best to be played by responsible ones who will not go and spend all their money on digital currency.

Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2016

Learn Patience, Resource Management, And musical composition in this lovable game.

This game is a guaranteed hit with children and adult audiences alike. Be aware that some monsters will take more than one try to breed, and some will only be available during certain times of the year. Also watch out for advertisements, which can be permanently removed with any in-app purchase (the smallest one is $0.99). I rated this app 7+ because players will want to get online to watch and read tutorials on how to get monsters that may be eluding them.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWmafranz May 28, 2016

Great game- can get children into music.

First off I would like to say that I am seeing a lot of badly thought out reviews. Lots of complaints are about the ads, which are not encountered unless you decide to watch one to earn currency or speed up things, offers, which are for diamonds, which you will only need if you are impatiant and cant wait a few hours. What it boils down to is that people need to moniter small children when using any electronics. But anyways, about the game, it is a very good one. Everything can be obtained without a single cent of real money if you are willing to wait. On top of this, the game offers some catchy tunes, with a variety of different vocals and instrumentations, which each monster plays separately as its part. The game got my 6 year old sister in to music, which is something me and my family greatly appreciate. The game has no explicit content whatsoever. I highly recommend it, and I also recommend that you bring a high patiance level to the game, and some common sense when you write these reviews.