Kid reviews for Nier

Bloody, sexually charged RPG with an oddly touching story.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 2, 2012

Depends on the kid.

As I loved Bayonetta and play it everyday, when I heard about this game from GameStop,I knew I had to get it.And it wasn't a disappointing buy.The gameplay is 100%,and guaranteed to delight RPG lovers.However,there is loads of violence,language and sexual themes which is not surprising for a Japanese PS3 game.Very good for mature Castlevania lovers too.Also,if you love Kingdoms of Amaluar,get this!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMirrorrrorriM August 13, 2011

Game for mature teenagers

Personally, I think this was a good game, but it is defiantly not appropriate for immature children, and anyone who does not like heart-wrenching stories should stay away from this game. The game play is fairly simple, and is split into melee attacks and magic attacks. There is a good deal of blood, but it is just that-blood. The gore in this game doesn't get any worse than large amounts of blood, and one case of a monster having a limb severed. One character frequently uses profanity and dresses skimpily, but she does not accompany you for a good portion of the game. The plot does send strong messages about protecting people you love, and is generally up-beat until you reach the half-way point in the game. After that, the game becomes really depressing, especially when you play the game completely, doing side-quests and getting the second and third endings. One last thing- once you've played the entire game, you can see that surprisingly, this game is Anti-Violence, which is very hard to achieve for a videogame.. To get the second and third endings, you must play through the second half of the game again, but this time, you hear what the "monsters" are saying, and most of it is something along the lines of "Why are you doing this?". All in all, It's a good game, but you should seriously consider how mature your child is before letting them play.

Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011
This games is good if you like games such as Bayonetta and Castlevania : Lords of Shadow because the combat style is simular. If you are someone who likes Games that have a Good Story then this is the game for you. This game has enemies called Shades which are dark ghosts. This game is very unrealistic and it should not be too bad for kids because it is not too violent. There is some Bad Language though but not as bad as games like GTA and COD Black Ops the language is not as often. The Gameplay can get a bit repetitive as you are fighting the same enemies again and again. It also has a Sad story as they are forced to kill innocent people but in this world they turn into shades and you are forced to kill them. This is good for 11+ as it is not bad for an M. I would not give it to younger kids. I Rate 5/10 fun combat but repetitive.