Parent reviews for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Poster Image

An acquired taste.

Blood clouds are large but are more for indication than anything, cant remember any staining. There are gibs and some dismemberment but this is more matter of fact than anything. Theres barely any real dialog so profanity is non issue even when it appears. A hardcore yet more accessible Arma (which spawned from the original Op Flash by the way) style simulator. Many missions here are (more open versions of) what would be a tiny skirmish early in a level in a CoD style shooter, yet challenged amped up to more realistic stakes. If ur in mood for slow paced open ended game of plan and execute youll probably be satisfied when you come out on top.

Not that bad

The game itself has some bad language, but I personally believe the game is not that bad. It has some violence but it is one of the less gory games I've seen. The cursing is somewhat warranted as the game is a military shooter and the characters are in stressful situations regularly. If you are looking at this game and worrying about the language and/or violence, I can say this game is one of the less violent and bad mouthed games that is honestly more focused on being an army guy.

Violent, Hard and Extremely Realistic

You can tell here they have tried to make this as realistic and tricky as possible. This is why its very violent. You can shoot, Stab and run over anyone on the battlefield. There is a lot of blood while you are shooting people. Especially in Close range combat. Its not easy to use because Its so hard. You die after 1 or 2 shots. There is a bit of gore. Just a bit. The language is not consistent but there is some serious language there. Overall its very hard and gory.

Operation Flashpoint 2

Pretty realistic FPS game however as iam a flashpoint veteran it was pretty easy and cool. There is some profanity but not so repeatful and violence uhmmm yea there is very tiny amount of gore, not really much. Blood mainly. Strongest words are f--k and s--t. game is perfect for 15+ not younger cause its difficulty and content.

Common Sense Media is Biased twoards Video Games (Read for details)

Tell me how a game with very little gore and nothing but some blood splatters can get a NO KIDS rating, when a movie like Zombieland, which is filled with gross-out gore and blood, GET A 16+??? Although I'm pretty sure most of you recognized this site's ratings as inaccurate after looking through their past ratings for games. Anyways, onto the game before the government police comes to my door to arrest me for playing games labeled as "no kids", since that's the kind of society they seem to be promoting. Operation Flashpoint 2 is overall enjoyable, however the AI does have some buggy issues. Its not the most accurate "military simulator" (I would recommend ARMA 2 for a military simulator) but it has a good mix of stealth and action, depending on your style of play. For the PC, you can edit missions and make your own, which I also found to be very enjoyable. I would recommend this game for +13 and up, and for those who enjoy games like ARMA or Operation Flashpoint (the original).