Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Papers, Please

Mature immigration game forces tough ethical choices.

Adult Written byAn Enigma April 4, 2015

A Look Into The Human Heart

This is a depressing, unrelenting descent into the human condition. You're constantly facing moral choices. You can let a bad passport go to reunite a family or turn away a pimp, but it actively goes against your well being. Every mistake docks your pay which goes to provide for your family. There's a level of bureacracy to abide as well, detaining suspects will give you extra money, but it will often be someone carrying medicine for those who need it, not just a terrorist. I recommend it for anyone if they can stomach it. It's not fetishistic in anything, but holds little back. It shows little but lets you know all. It left me simultaneously elated and miserable. Proceed with caution.

Adult Written byzachs1 July 22, 2016

Corrupt immigration explained.

Papers, Please is set in a fictional parallel Berlin. You play as a checkpoint guard checking citizen paperwork, letting them inside, denying them, or arresting them. There is some pixelated violence, gore, and nudity ( can be turned off). The game is very difficult. It shows just how hard it is to be a good person under tight circumstances. Many moral choices. Lots of political messages. Honestly I don't recommend anyone immature play this game.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byBenC 7 January 19, 2018

Best game ever

It is awsome

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byExplodingBarrel January 14, 2019

Great game that makes you think about your moral values.

When I started playing this game I instantly fell in love with it. After clocking in over 500 hours trying every possible choice, I decided to let my kid try (Note, he was around 15 at the time). He wasn’t big into gaming, but also couldn’t stop playing it until he had done everything. This was a very good experience bringing us closer through our shared love. Others will say it is too mature, sure it uses fuck once when someone is made about an attempt bomb In (which fails). However the reason some say it is mature is because of the questions you have to ask yourself: Is breaking the law to help someone cross the border a good idea. You can either follow the law and refuse an other human who needs surgery. Or you can break the law and let them through. These choices make us think about who we are and what we value which is a good way to self reflect. I think any kid who can handle one scene of swearing and pixilated bombs can handle this. However to truest enjoy it, one must be able to see their choices as a reflection of their personality and start to think about themselves.

Parent of a 6 and 18+ year old Written byWissen Media December 30, 2018

Papers, Please

It has a great storyline. On the other hand, there is frequent language. And there are some sexy moments but other than that, it is a good pre-teen game.