Kid reviews for Pokémon Diamond

Classic Pokémon format, this one's worth catching.

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

Perfect for just about anyone

You are in the world of pokemon, battling, winning, losing, EVERYTHING.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 5, 2010

Not the best, but still good

This isn't my favorite Pokemon game, there are others I like much more, but this is still a great series and this particular one isn't an exception.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2009

Off 5- Iffy 6-7 On 8+

This game is totally awesome! I've completed the game & I'm helping a friend through it! Pokemon ROX!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrieona September 29, 2011

Really great Pokemon game

This was the first Pokemon game I played, and it was very easy to get into and enjoy. I marked this as educational because there are a few puzzles in it, such as the seventh gym. The game has the message that you should do what is right; the antagonists are eventually defeated by the player character. The storyline gets dark at points (the antagonists mention destroying the universe and creating a new one, and later attempt to do this), but I'd say this is okay for anyone eight and older.

Educational Value
Kid, 9 years old September 17, 2012

Pokémon Pearl Version

There was no Pokémon Pearl Version on this website so I'm putting the review of Pokémon PEARL Version. So if you're looking for a review of Pokémon Diamond Version, look at a different review. I got my copy of Pokémon Pearl Version from GameStop for only $19.99. It's a great game besides my copy of Pokémon Pearl Version sometimes for some reason shakes the screen goes out of place and shakes and makes a beeping noise when I walk. It doesn't do it all the time though. Also they sometimes say stupid and sometimes call each other noobs. (That's a person that doesn't know anything about something.) Just an FYI. I don't have Pokémon Diamond Version.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition February 24, 2011

Warning: This game is highly addicting.

Ok, I think I'm officially obsessed with this game. After 115 hours of gameplay, I can tell you this game is a superb entry into the Pokemon series. By ds standards, this is a nice looking game. The day/night feature is something the franchise lost after G/S/C, but it's finally back! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the pokemon in this region, but the game is heavily addicting nonetheless. The game is much better if you have people to play with. Friend codes are a pain to work with, but if you can find friends to battle and trade with the game becomes more functional and fun. Get this game, but be warned: once you start it, you'll be hooked.
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Pokemon Diamond

The engaging plot and the eccentric characters whisk you off into the elaborate Pokemon world. After beating the game 3 years ago, there are still things to bring you back. You easily get engrossed into your adorable Pokemon creatures. Unfortunately after playing this game, I could not play any other Pokemon game because they would never be as good a this one.

Ease of Play
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2010

tips

Here are some tips on this game. To get palkia (after fainting him in pearl) change the date to oct. 21 and go back to spear pillar. Next Garitina after getting the national dex go to the route south of Vielstone city an opening will appear near the lakefront if you go in there you will find a cave called turnback cave get to the end and find Garitina. Last there's Rotom. After getting the national dex go to the old chatue or something like that and go to the room with the TV at 8pm Rotom will appear ( level 15 no strong pokemon)

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2016

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl is good and has pokemon migration to GBA Pokemon games.

I got this game for my birthday once and I started playing it right away. I even got 1 pokemon to level 100.

Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2012

good

one little good change from the gbc* version *(Game Boy Color) no bad words like [email protected] it

Teen, 14 years old Written bySofttonic March 30, 2012

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO VIOLENT EVEN 4 ADULTS.

Educational Value
Ease of Play
Privacy & Safety
Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2011

Not as good as other Pokemon Games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is not as good as the other Pokemon games, which I would give five stars. The Pokemon Company was just figuring out how to make a game on the DS, but they later made Platinum, HG/SS, and B/W which were better. It also concerns me that the heroine has a mini dress that doesn't even cover herself.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNectaria January 14, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bybook13lover June 9, 2011

Okay.

It's a pretty cool game.
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2010

Good game, not bad at all

good game, there are battles between fictional animals, but they never die, they just faint or you catch them. There's really not anything bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFawned December 15, 2009

OK

Fine but I believe this game is not for ages 7. They can easily get habits like thinking about monsters and pretend throwing a pokeball. Yes it can be humorous, but it can get quite annoying for parents and older siblings. The graphics are approving, but some need improving on other stuff. This game is a bit worth it, but really fun to battle with others!
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byILUVMEAT April 9, 2008

I played it but couldn't beat elite 4 champion

This game is a rather long version full of having to go back and forth completing goal after goal and task after task to get one step ahead. I got all the way to the elite four champion and could not beat her. I finaly traded it in for cash along with other things to buy another game. its like all the others so not really inappropriate.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

THE BEST VIEDO GAME YOU'LL EVER PLAY

I HAVE POKEMON PEARL NOT DIAMOND THOUGH. ITS SO MUCH FUN MY STARTER POKEMON IS EMPOLEON. I ALSO BEAT THE POKEMON LUGE!!!! THATS WHY I GAVE IT A 5 STAR RATING!! I CAUGHT PALKIA WITCH IS MOSTLY THE MAIN POKEMON TO CATCH. I COUGHT SO MANY POKEMON. JUST TO TELL YOU (IM A GIRL!) GIRLS DON'T LIKE POKEMON THAT MUCH! BUT I LOVED POKEMON SENCE I WAS 7! AND IT'S NOT EVEN VILONT! MY MOM SAYS THIS "THATS VERY VILONT" BUT REMEMBER IM SAING MY REVEW FOR PEARL!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCreeperKnight244 October 22, 2017

for sinnoh fedices every where

D/P/P is my 2nd favorite pokemon game. it is very slow but you can get platinum for that issue. your kid should have fun with this game, as long as they know ho to read. on the down side nintendo wifi shut down in 2014 so no more online mini games :( i would say it is appropriate for any age that knows how to read.. thanks!