Kid reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

Become a Pokemon and explore random dungeons.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUxie Trixie Usa... May 1, 2013

They weren't kidding when they named it "Darkness"

I don't think this is a good game for little kids, but it's great play if you don't get scared easily, love good plots, and are a decent gamer. That being said, this story is complex and more violent then GameFreak (or Nintendo) has done to Pokemon before, I don't understand why the game ranking people gave Pokemon Rumble E10 but this (and the older mystery dungeon games and also ones yet come, most likely) snuck though with an E, you have to save a baby kidnapped by an implied pedophile (it's not an optional sidequest, it's actually quite plot-relevent), here some of the enemies want to kill you and your partner, there's an insane god, you're actually an amnesiac terrorist, and you fade into nothingness as the partner watches. But the partner, Wigglytuff, and the rest of guild are all great role models, the partner is so kind and sweet that it's actually an important plot point, and forgiveness is something that there's a large emphasis on. But this is still really scary at times. You might want to read a summary of the plot first, just to get a good picture of the game, though.

Teen, 15 years old Written bypuppylover 101 July 10, 2009

Good for all!!!

Spoonfullofpasta Seems like you dont know the controls and you might not know how to play this wonderfully made game. To go fast while moving press b and the third mission is just a little noob-shire battle and a bunch of talking On-Topic: Best Game of the year its like Heaven on a D.S. And for 30 Dolloers its a Buy for yuor kids and even girls play this!!!!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bySneaky Gamer March 13, 2019

Fun Game but Slightly Difficult

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games are fun spin-offs of the originals, but it's hard to get through some dungeons. The plot is a little bit dark, but compared to other games, it's not. Sometimes it can be sad or emotional, but overall it's a good game.

Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2011

perfect for all ages

not bad at all all it has is litte pokemon battling. it also has great rolle models. great for any age!

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

Super AWESOME

This game is really good! It's that you are transformed into a pokemon, and you have to find how to change yourself back. You have a friend and...

(Play the game to know more!!)
Kid, 10 years old July 12, 2010

SWEET ;)

awsome beat the game I think.It can be frustrating at times.especaly when you have beat Dilga.really good game for people who like pokemon it is one of my favorite games even girls play it (if they like pokemon.) I've played three of the games! I say ages six and up can play it. ;)

Teen, 15 years old Written byAltair66 April 9, 2008

fine for young kids

i used to play these games on my GBA(GameBoy Advance) the violence really cant be considered "iffy"...i mean....mythical creatures basically "moving" into one another...thats considered "iffy"...hmm..but this game has nothing offensive...fine for just about any age...(unless your over 15...this game is boring lol)