Kid reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Nothing new, but still a fun dungeon crawler for fans.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVideo Dude November 13, 2009
Seriously, i am really annoyed with the thing you have to discuss with your kids. i mean who cares "Which pokemon remind you of real life animals"? C'mon, its a childrens videogame for gods sake! Its not some kind of school learning thing!!!!! LET THE KIDS HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written bylexi the chihuahua August 9, 2010

awsome game

the game is full of positive messages about friendship and teamwork but some scenes are too violent for younger children. as an example, in one side quest, a character tries to steal another character's soul, possess the body, and then kill the main characters. despite this the game does have many more child-friendly scenes than violent ones. the game has simple, easy-to-master controls, but can be difficult enough to entertain older players. over all this is one of my favorite games.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Fooshster May 10, 2011

Mystery Dungeon Player Forever

I absolutely love all the PMD games. They can be confusing for most people, though. You have to constantly stay on your toes. The point of the game is to complete dungeons by findin the stairs that lead to the next floor. Explorers of Sky has the same story as Time/Darkness, but it has a few added features, including side adventures that you can play instead of the main story. This game is great, I recommend it for most pokemon fans.

Educational Value
Teen, 17 years old Written byProud Kekistani April 13, 2017

Best Pokemon game.

Don't pay attention to the feature reveiw, $100 says they havent even played the game. It is a wonderous game filled with tales of heroism, sacrifice, adventure, and friendship. Anyone who says there is voilence or gore is a troll. The only violence is damage counters over the heads of the NPCs/player. Heck, more damage is going to come from throwing your DS at the wall from Roar of Time.

Kid, 12 years old October 4, 2015

One of the hardest games ever

Content wise, the game is okay for 8 and up. However, I put it 16 and up because of the extreme challenge. This game is very fun, but can get frustrating at times. In the dungeons, Pokemon use things like seeds and nutrient drinks to gain powers, boost stats, etc. This may be a little reminiscent of drugs. The main character is a good role model, through his/her partner is a bit pessimistic. This game also has messages about teamwork. So far, this is my favorite game in the Pokemon series! 4 stars.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhermione1226 April 11, 2015

I cannot begin to fathom why this game is rated E...

I played this game when I was little, and I will admit, I was upset by a few parts. And, I mean, deeply upset. The part when that gray and black Pokemon kidnaps, binds, and tries to execute your character by tying him to a pole and letting a unleashing a horde of ruthless monsters on him, and the end.. (I don't want to spoil too much, but there is the loss of a major character). I just don't think that younger kids need to be exposed to that.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTeron August 14, 2016

Best Pokemon game.

No idea why this game seems to have so poor reveiws. This game has great mechanics, great positive messages and role models, and even teaches you a little about time travel and paradoxes along the way. Strongly reccomend for everyone to play atleast one time

Teen, 15 years old Written byShinysylveon February 14, 2016

This game is really fun

I understand some peoples concern with "violent images" but to be honest some people are overreacting. It's a fun game filled with amazing music (that gets stuck in your head and you'll find yourself humming along every time) positive messages and loveable dorky main cast characters. The style is similar to explorers of time/darkness because it is meant to be. The amount of effort and care put into each pixel pokemon and scenery is heartwarming. The characters are never boring and I find myself really growing attached to them. It's a fun game with a fun story and a fun list of tunes. If you think you will be interested then play it. This game will not disappoint you.

Kid, 9 years old October 6, 2012

Idk what to name this review

I love this game sooo much!!!!! I am a Skitty with a trusty partner named Emily, she is a Shinx. I went sooo far on my adventure. I beat Darkrai and befriended Palkia. At the part where I disspeared was soo sad :"( But this is still a fun game. ^.^

Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2011

How is this "E for Everyone"?

I don't think this is a good game for little kids, but it's great play if you don't get scared easily, love good plots, and are a decent gamer. That being said, this story is complex and more violent then GameFreak(or Nintendo) has done to Pokemon before, I don't understand why the game ranking people gave Pokemon Rumble E10 but this (and the older mystery dungeon games and also ones yet come, most likely) snuck though with an E, you have to save a baby kidnapped by an implied pedophile (it's not an optional sidequest, it's actually quite plot-relevent), here some of the enemies want to kill you and your partner, there's an insane god, you're actually an amnesiac terrorist, and you fade into nothingness as the partner watches. But the partner, Wigglytuff, and the rest of guild are all great role models, the partner is so kind and sweet that it's actually an important plot point, and even more so than Red, Blue, Time, and Darkness, forgiveness is something there's big emphasis on. But this is still really scary at times. You might want to read a summary of the plot first, just to get a good picture of the game, though.

Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2010

Great

Great game. A must-play.

Educational Value
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 August 21, 2010

Adult Reviewer TheFancyPants' Review of This Game is Ridiculous in My Opinion

Pokemon is a great series because it teaches all about teamwork and friendship. This game is different from most others because you actually play as a pokemon instead of as a pokemon trainer. Even though Pokemon is kind of a little kid thing, I still liked this game.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySakura-Fluff January 13, 2010

Paitence is a virtue

Love it, but some areas are just plain hard, that dosen't take away for lifetime fans, but newcomers might have a few problems.

Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2009

Nice story

Kids who can read by them self will surly enjoy this story of friendship and sacrafice!