Great Game! May be a Little Scary for Younger Players.
I was really surprised when I started this game. It grabs you in from the start, starting with you being transformed into a pokemon. And just a little while after, you and your friend are on a quest to get back a stolen Relic Fragment! Its a great start, and a great game. Its very emotional, and suspenseful. However, it can be hard to get past certain points in the game.
The only element of violence and scariness is:
1. You posses a special ability to see things in the past or future-- your first experience is hearing a piercing cry for help, which is foreboding and may be frightening.
2. Your friend gets kidnapped and threatened, and you must save him.
3. You get threatened by many pokemon, such as Luxray, who is leader of the Luxio Tribe, and many other more intense threats.
4. On an expedition, you are sent to explore Fogbound lake. A scary legendary pokemon tries to fight you. To progress you must beat it.
5. The first half of the game centers around catching Grovyle, a pokemon who is stealing the Time Gears, which keep time running. If he succeds in finding all of them, he will stop time (Which isn't a great thought)
6. At one point you, you're friend, and a villan are tied up to stone pillars, and you have no idea why. A character you trusted before is planning to "get rid of you" in other words, kill you. You and your friend don't know why, and the then the Sableye attack you (They use claws, and you can see the claws slash against the ropes. It is clear their aim is to claw you to death). However, it ends well when the rope breaks and you all escape.
8. It is later revealed that all pokemon from a certain time will "disappear" (In other words, die) from the Earth if an important task to save time is completed. You, the main characer, are one of them. You choose to complete the task anyways, and one of your close friends disappears, as well as you, and your other friend is visibly in tears. Afterwards, Dialga brings you back to the Earth because he can't bear to see your friend so sad.
There's more to the story after that. I just reached a part where another character tries to make you "disappear". But all through the game, the word, "dissappear" is used, and no mention of death other than "get rid of".
I loved it. Its a great, everlasting story of courage, sacrifice, emotion. I am still playing it to this day.
This title contains:
Violence & scariness
Positive role models