Kid reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time

Experience what it's like to be a Pokemon.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 9 years old February 2, 2010

YAY!!

I adored this game! And I have been reading this reviews, and what NO ONE seems to notice is how deep the storyline is. The hero leaves the partner for a while, and its just too sad. BUT YAY SAD STORYLINES MAKE ME HAPPY! :D (that sounded akward)
Anyways, its a very dramatic storyline, but a wonderful game

Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy May 31, 2015

Truely an awesome game

Fine for kids, so fun. The other one I played was explorers of sky
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2014

One of the best Pokemon games I ever played.

THIS IS A GREAT GAME! But the storyline can be emotional. I say anyone 6 and up can understand and play this game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUxie Trixie Usa... May 1, 2013

This is NOT "E for Everyone"!

I don't think this is a good game for little kids, but it's great play if you don't get scared easily, love good plots, and are a decent gamer. That being said, this story is complex and more violent then GameFreak (or Nintendo) has done to Pokemon before, I don't understand why the game ranking people gave Pokemon Rumble E10 but this (and the older mystery dungeon games and also ones yet come, most likely) snuck though with an E, you have to save a baby kidnapped by an implied pedophile (it's not an optional sidequest, it's actually quite plot-relevent), here some of the enemies want to kill you and your partner, there's an insane god, you're actually an amnesiac terrorist, and you fade into nothingness as the partner watches. But the partner, Wigglytuff, and the rest of guild are all great role models, the partner is so kind and sweet that it's actually an important plot point, and forgiveness is something that there's a large emphasis on. But this is still really scary at times. You might want to read a summary of the plot first, just to get a good picture of the game, though.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrieona September 5, 2011

Good game, but sad at points

As other reviewers have said, the storyline for this game is deep, which keeps the game interesting and fun for older kids. It's a great game and it's fun even after you complete the main storyline because there are other objectives to complete. But you are threatened at several points by others who want to kill you (though there is no actual killing; when Pokemon run out of health they simply faint) and this may be scary for younger players. The player character has the ability to hear and see things from the past or future (the Dimensional Scream), and these can be confusing and might scare sensitive children. I'd say it's okay for anyone over eight and can also be fun for older children or teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byWhite Rose Lioness May 9, 2011
This is the perfect game... and that's all.

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2009

Great Game! May be a Little Scary for Younger Players.

I was really surprised when I started this game. It grabs you in from the start, starting with you being transformed into a pokemon. And just a little while after, you and your friend are on a quest to get back a stolen Relic Fragment! Its a great start, and a great game. Its very emotional, and suspenseful. However, it can be hard to get past certain points in the game.

The only element of violence and scariness is:

1. You posses a special ability to see things in the past or future-- your first experience is hearing a piercing cry for help, which is foreboding and may be frightening.

2. Your friend gets kidnapped and threatened, and you must save him.

3. You get threatened by many pokemon, such as Luxray, who is leader of the Luxio Tribe, and many other more intense threats.

4. On an expedition, you are sent to explore Fogbound lake. A scary legendary pokemon tries to fight you. To progress you must beat it.

5. The first half of the game centers around catching Grovyle, a pokemon who is stealing the Time Gears, which keep time running. If he succeds in finding all of them, he will stop time (Which isn't a great thought)

6. At one point you, you're friend, and a villan are tied up to stone pillars, and you have no idea why. A character you trusted before is planning to "get rid of you" in other words, kill you. You and your friend don't know why, and the then the Sableye attack you (They use claws, and you can see the claws slash against the ropes. It is clear their aim is to claw you to death). However, it ends well when the rope breaks and you all escape.

8. It is later revealed that all pokemon from a certain time will "disappear" (In other words, die) from the Earth if an important task to save time is completed. You, the main characer, are one of them. You choose to complete the task anyways, and one of your close friends disappears, as well as you, and your other friend is visibly in tears. Afterwards, Dialga brings you back to the Earth because he can't bear to see your friend so sad.

There's more to the story after that. I just reached a part where another character tries to make you "disappear". But all through the game, the word, "dissappear" is used, and no mention of death other than "get rid of".
I loved it. Its a great, everlasting story of courage, sacrifice, emotion. I am still playing it to this day.

Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008