Kid reviews for Pokémon Platinum

Classic format with new Pokémon and online features.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGizmoGeek1224 March 17, 2020

A better Diamond and Pearl.

This review is based off a second playthrough and after playing Diamond for the first time about 4 months prior. Platinum improves and builds off Diamond and Pearl. There are more Pokemon to catch, more wireless options, there used to be better online features but DS online play was shut down in 2014. The story focuses more on creation and Cyrus's goals are a little clearer in this game. You still need to grind a bit throughout the game and my team was around lvl 55 when I beat the champion. Overall, a great Pokemon game and definitely play it over the first pair of Gen 4 games.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMaximilian_ February 18, 2016

One of the best in the series

This was the first pokemon game I ever played. I recently replayed it and I loved it even more. It is one of the darker games in the series and has some amazing music, and a very tough final boss battle.

Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2015

Pokemon Platinum is Great!

Like all Pokemon games, it has very minor violence because of Pokemon battles. I rate it 4+ because you need to be able to read to play it and fully understand it. Its fun to play, has a great story and is filled with cute, cool and even some random Pokemon.

Kid, 9 years old September 17, 2012

Pokémon Pearl Version

There was no Pokémon Pearl Version on this website so I'm putting the review of Pokémon PEARL Version. So if you're looking for a review of Pokémon Platinum Version, look at a different review. I got my copy of Pokémon Pearl Version from GameStop for only $19.99. It's a great game besides my copy of Pokémon Pearl Version sometimes for some reason shakes the screen goes out of place and shakes and makes a beeping noise when I walk. It doesn't do it all the time though. Also they sometimes say stupid and sometimes call each other noobs. (that's a person that is a nerd, weird, ugly, or stupid and doesn't know anything.)
Just an FYI. I don't have Pokémon Platinum Version.

Teen, 13 years old Written by092898 March 15, 2012

Fun game

Fun game if you're into Pokemon, nothing inappropriate you have to worry about
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2012

A Fun Pokemon Game For Everyone to Enjoy

Pokemon Platinum is a game almost anyone can enjoy. Just be wary, some sensitive 7 yr. olds may be frightened by a scene or two.

The Good Stuff- The good group is clearly discernable from the antagonists. The game requires quite a bit of reading, as it's a text-heavy JRPG. It's somewhat piquant vocabulary will be a good challenge for the under 5 ageset.

The Bad Stuff-
The Message- The messge is somewhat guilty. The main villan (Cyrus) is trying to commit genocide by wiping out the whole world of the "imperfect" humans the inhabit it. There, a new world will begin under his own rule.
Violence- Pokemon battles consist of the player selecting one of four moves to use. This requires an elemnet of strategy. Some attacks have violent names (Slash, Flamethrower, Hydro Cannon, etc.), but the animations are fairly clean themselves, so that the game is basically violece free.
There is one scene at a location called Spear Pillar. Cyrus summons Dialga and Palkia (to celestail Pokemon that rule time and space respectively) to create his new world. Suddenly, a haunting grating sound thrums throughout the enviroment. Black dots slowly spread to create a giant hole, in which a pair of red gleaming eyes appear. An enormous bat-like being emerges from the hole, all black with black smudges spattering across the floor. Purple waves of energy knocke pillars over. Cyrus continues to ramble on about how this creature will not stand in his way. The creature faintly glows, revealing its true colors. Suddenly, it lunges at the screen. The eyes and black mass zoom closer untill the screen turns black.

Other than that ine violent, intense scene, Pokemon Platinum is a game for all ages, and a very fun one at that!

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

Best game for the DS.

I love this game. Even though the graphics are great, I don't wanna brag about them due to aspects of this game that are even better. The Music is either Epic or lacks that certain feel I like that makes me stop and listen to it. The Gameplay is the same as all the games: It fits my style. Where it lacks in Voice Acting and all the usual qualities, it makes up for with the epic story, resulting in a Genesis Game-Like experience with just better music and graphics. When it comes to the DS, this game may not make you cry, but if you do, you know you love this game mor ethen I do

Dear kjbkjjkkbkj, I feel your pain. Here's what I do to relieve the stress:

Repeatedly say "The Cake Is A Lie" over and over
Stare at a picture of a baby eating cake

You should now feel confused, therefore forgetting you ever heard of advertising (However, it wears off after a few hours)

Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2011

Pokemon Platinum Reveiw

Pokemon Platinum is a very advanced mix of both Pokemon Daimond and Pearl put together. Its very good,interesting, and expanded. The legendary pokemon levels are differnt too, like REGIGIGAS at level 1 and HEATRAN at level 50. To add some more fun to it, new pokemon not availiable in D/P are placed, such as ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRESS are added to the game, and there are more wi-fi events with action in them. Lastly, there are two new pokemon forms you can only obtain in this game, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. SHAYMIN and its sky form, and GIRATINA with the orgin form. Both forms have different abilities, too.

Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2010

fun, but baybish for anyone 10+

i guess some people would consider it violent, since you make pokemon fight until they "faint", and the moves are things like "slash" "take down" and "flamethrower" and the effects are stuff like "poison", "burn" and "one hit KO", but the vocabulary is far worse than whats on screen

Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2010

An Adventure in a Video Game!

This was my first Pokemon game, and at first, I thought it was like the best game ever! I have a different Pokemon game now, but I still think of Platinum as a good game.
Pokemon has a bit of difficulty, but it is still very easy in my opinoun. I wouldn't worry about anything except for the animations. Some of the moves like Cut and Hyper Fang show mild violence.
Anyway, I just really LOVE the game. Very, very good!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySakura-Fluff January 13, 2010

Good

Not the pest pokemon game ever, but still really good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLvl100uberpidgey January 8, 2010

Awesome game

Great game- basicly a remake of the stellar Diamond and Pearl games, but better. If you don't already have one of those, get this one. The violence isn't a problem. I don't suggest allowing your young kids to play online on any games.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWelsummer2015 January 6, 2010

Maybe not a 3+

I love this game, its cool, but i do think a 3+ age rating is a bit low.

Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2009

perfect pokemon game but ended a little faster than the others

i think it is a great game! there is a small bit of violence when pokemon fight eachother. team galactic is meaner than team rocket and team aqua, and they dont care about pokemon and experiment on them. it is easy to play but some parts are very challenging. the charachters are good and it dosent let you be evil. the charachters always help eachother.

Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2009

Better for older kids

This game is difficult for younger players to manuver. The Wi-Fi could be unsafe, do NOT let younger children on without supervision. The Female Galactic Grunts' outfits are a bit revealing, but besides that, the game is fun!

Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2009

More mature than previous games in the series

Platinum is a little more inappropriate than other games in the series. Team Galactic is more brutal than team rocket because instead of just hurting pokemon, the experiment on pokemon and hurt humans. Platinum expresses their brutality more than Diamond and Pearl did. One of the more violent moments is when a Galactic member describes giving Dawn "a painful experience." But on the bright side, it has wonderfully dramatic music and some morals, which is why I gave it a four-star rating.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKhaoticKing October 24, 2009

Pokemon?

You can use the Global Trade center to trade pokemon Globally but there is no way to talk...

Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2009
love it

Teen, 15 years old Written bywhyamiusingthissite September 5, 2009

This is the best Pokemon game ever

There are more Pokemon, new characters, new locations, new features, the plot was made for all ages, good graphics. But why is marketing an issue here? This is the stuff they're marketing, the toys and stuff came later.
Teen, 13 years old Written byali12 September 1, 2009
safety is an issue for online