Parent reviews for Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Poster Image

Privacy concerns but the rest is fine

There is a lot of violence and it is in your Privacy but this game is awesome

The Best Pokémon Games to Date! (This is Coming From A 90’s Kid, Too)

These are easily the best Pokémon games to date! They not on,y have the best story, but the best graphics and the best characters. There is not a single character in the whole game I dislike with one exception I’ll talk about later) almost every new Pokémon is just downright fantastic, and I love basically everything about it. It’s great for adults and kids, and gamers of all ages. There are a few issues with the game, though. First, is you chose Rowlet as your starter... How do I put this nicely, as to not anger the children... You’re basically screwed. While Decidueye is a very cool Pokémon, he struggles even more than he did in the normal Sun and Moon, but he also is probably one of the worst starter spots gameplay-wise ever, just falling short to Chikorita and Pikachu from Pokémon Yellow. Second, the Rotom Dex. I’m sure a few of you are familiar with Navi from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. He’s basically Navi’s much more annoying cousin. If you’re not familiar with Navi, he’s basically a piece of absolute garbage that you must carry around with you for your entire journey, and by the time you finish the first island, you’ll just want to throw him to some wild Yungoos so they can throw him on the other side of a very large wall, so you’ll never have to listen to him call you Roto-(insert the first letter of your name here) EVER AGAIN. And, thrid, the Ultra Wormhole. Now, I’m not saying that the wormhole itself is bad, the bad thing about it is the messed up shiny odds. If you don’t know, basically a shiny Pokémon is an extremely rare color variation of a Pokémon that certain people, such as myself, look for. While normally, there is a %0.02 chance of finding a wild shiny Pokémon, in the wormholes there can be up to a whopping %36 chance of find a shiny, totally decreasing the value of shinies. Also, the games can get a bit difficult at times, especially if you either chose Rowlet or if you don’t have a good dark type such as Zoroark or a good fairy type such as Alolan Ninetales or Primarina to take down a certain spoilerific boss that I won’t talk about. Other than that, these games are absolutely perfect. In fact, I would have to say that Ultra Sun is my second favorite video game of all time, just barely losing to The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask. This is a must play for any gamer of any age, and I hope that all you skeptical parents out there will let your kid play these games or, heck, even pick up a copy of the games for yourself. In fact, I played Ultra Sun while my daughter played Ultra Moon, and we helped each other complete the Pokédex, we battled together, and we even both got super emotional together at some of the sad parts. Please, by all means, PLAY THESE GAMES.

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL. DO IT NOW

the best game pokemon has realeast

Great!

These were great sister games that added a lot to Pokémon as a franchise!

I Played Ultra Sun

I originally played Sun last year and wasn't planning on picking this up but I got it anyway. I didn't like the original Sun version much and after seeing this hyped up I thought it would be just as disappointing but interestingly I actually liked it alot. Like I said I didn't like Sun much at all but Ultra Sun improved in some areas that were lacking. The only bad thing I have to complain is Lusamine's copied and pasted old dialogue mixed with new dialogue that contradicts herself. She keeps some old dialogue where she acts like she still cares nothing about her children Lillie and Gladion and yet it's obvious that she isn't the same selfish uncaring parent from the original set as instead of being motivated by a need for perfection, Lusamine is motivated by "revenge" against the ultra beasts because of her husband's mysterious disappearance. Other than the contradictory dialogue that seems copied and pasted I enjoyed this better. Still has a depressing story but at least Lusamine isn't as abusive. She's much kinder to her kids but is still mean to certain Pokemon and at least she has a reason for her cruel actions where as in the original set she was cruel for the sake of cruelty (as her husband's disappearance is mentioned but not explored as her reason for the stuff she did). In the end of it everyone learns from the bad stuff that happened and all is good until the post game story Episode Rainbow Rocket. I haven't played that part all the way yet but apparently you get to face off against every single evil Team from all of the older games and it's lead by Giovanni. All I can say is that there are plenty more things to do in this game and between the new Pokemon like Poipole and it's evolution Naganadel, Blacephlon (Ultra Sun exclusive) , and Stakataka (Ultra Moon exclusive) and a new Lycanroc form (that has an online distribution until January 2018) and the surfing mini game and Ultra Wormhole traveling plus the post game it makes it worth it especially if you HATED the original set like I did. EDIT: Also there is a new Mythical Pokemon called Zeraora and I recently received a copy of Ultra Moon as well. I finally played the Rainbow Rocket post story and it's basically all the evil Teams from earlier games who successfully completed their evil schemes in another timeline and are setting their sights on taking over all timelines and not just their own "world". Giovanni also has a Mewtwo like he did in the very first movie. Also if you get high scores on the surf mini game on all the beach courses, you get a special Surfing Pikachu as a reward. There's also QR code events for a Ash Hat Pikachu that can be got early in the game and the mythical Pokemon Magearna can be obtained after the Elite Four on the menu QR Scanner. You can find the codes for your region using a simple Google search. There's a TON of post game content and when you run out of things to do quest wise, you can still find stuff to do online or offline. The online mode is more kid friendly than X and Y and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire because there's no in game messages from other players and you cannot friend request strangers anymore so it's the safest online experience with the games in years. My only complaint is there is no in gameNational Dex to keep track of all 807 Pokemon and you can only have a National Dex in the Pokemon Bank application itself so it makes it difficult to "catch em all" if that's your goal. Also while the Rotom Dex is annoying you are not forced to read the dialogue and it's actually a very good improvement as it will give you "power up items" that boost experience, double the money you get from battles, hatch eggs faster, boosting every stat which comes in handy for the insane boss at the end, healing, move restoration, etc... The only thing keeping this from a 5 star rating is the online is very lagging even if you are using the New 3DS XL/New 2DS XL which hurts the online play and it also does the same thing offline with npc double battles.