All teen and kid member reviews for Pokemon X/Pokemon Y

Teen, 16 years old Written bySodaDog October 19, 2013

Stunning Improvement to the series; worth every penny!

I've been playing this game for a few days and i've hooked up 20 hours on it! Lots of training, lots of clothes buying, and even battling. There's lots to do from Friend Safaris to customisation. To make it better, they now have the fairy type which replaces the normal type on some Pokemon. Go and buy this game cuz it has alot of hidden surprises post-game: buy it now!
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2013

Pokemon= awesome

In this game, it really shows people that in the "world of Pokemon" the people care for the Pokemon, just like dags and cats. this game has some good side quests to do after you beat the game.You can play with your friends and with random people online (don't worry, only friends can talk with you, and no one can see you) They add a lot of new content, but the new Pokemon count is lacking compared to previous ones, but the story (which is why I still love pokemon) is great! SPOILERS! It adds team flare, and a serious plot, including a man who tries to commit genocide! The english tranlators took out most forms of death such as "Death Wing" changing to "Oblivion Wing" I recomend this game to people who are new or old fans.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLunaMew January 9, 2014

Touching a realistic, serious dillema.

Although it is yet another Pokmon game... is it really just another Pokmon game? Not really. It brings up a serious problem - more specifically, the Malthusian dilemma, something that many children are not aware of. The fact that resources on the planet decrease, yet the population increases - is not something you see everyday in a children game. You may decide wherever Team Flare's leader's actions are good. While his actions are far from reasonable and legal, he does have a point. And there's also his fate... which in neither game is anything good.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

Stunning graphics, Lots of fun, and New Minigames! The catch-- it's too easy to beat!

This game was refreshing, addicting, and overall lots and lots of fun! :D The Pokemon Company and Nintendo never cease to bore me with their new products, as each time something new is added! This game has remarkable new graphics that now supports the 3-D option of the Nintendo 3DS console, and yet is still stunning without! During battle scenes (not too violent for the younger ones!) the camera shifts at angles and gives a great new perspective! The game also takes advantage of the facial expression recogniton feature, so during one of my favorite minigames, Pokemon-Amie, in addition to petting, feeding, and playing mini-minigames, you can play with your pokemon by making funny faces, and they may even mimic them! Now onto the actual main gameplay. You know obtain experience points by catching pokemon-- score! And the brand-new pokemon in the game are fun to see for the first time! However, this game had one problem: it was TOO EASY! I beat the game in about a week or two of playing it. I know there are ways to challenge yourself (nuzlocke challenge), but that isn't INCORPORATED into the game. Nevertheless I still enjoyed this game very much, and I'm excited to see what game the company will release next. (:
Teen, 13 years old Written bycaramelpuppy December 22, 2013

Generation 6 is probarly the best...

Great game. If you don't know what pokemon is all about, well you don't have to play the others to understand this one (i started on silver) It's about collecting cute little creatures/monsters. training them up, exploring a region, Battling them, and finally your quest, is to become the champion. X/Y has the same plot as all the others along with some improvements. There's now over 600 to collect to fill up your "pokedex" And many of them soon can only be obtainable with pokebank, coming in 2014.. And you have to pay a fee a year for it to transfer mons from previous games. They pretty have everything from a electric mouse to 3 headed dragon to collect... Okay, onto the game itself. I found the game somewhat violent and dark.. It's all about doom. Not spoiling it for anyone, but there is a team in red out to destroy the world using the Legendary pokemon Xernas/Yetval's energy. Well, you stop them of course. The legendary you save depends on which version you get, and the 2 versions have some different pokemon... Anyway, You're exploring a region called Kalos (based off of paris) With your 4 friends, travelling all the way to the Pokemon league so you can become champion, defeating gym leaders and doing quests along the way. After you beat the champion and the incredibly long storyline, it's postgame. Where you can trade, explore friend safaris, and do battle spot over the internet.. Along with a few other quests and perfecting your team, and of course shiny hunting/breeding for RARES. I loved this game, It's possibly the best game in the series with more event pokemon and online fun to come. It has in-game chat and you can add anyone's friend code. Pokemon is a huge series. it has a show and everything... merchandise, pikachu jet planes, you name it. I wanted more from this game, but so far i have LOVED it and give it 5 stars. Apart from the twisted long storyline and rage quits. A great game for anyone looking to get into the games...
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2013

Mediocre for a Pokemon game, but with a twist.

Even though I have wanted this game, be aware of the changes of the base powers of moves that you like. 1: ALL moves related to Blizzard, with the exception of Gunk Shot and Focus Blast had their base powers decreased to 110, which is bad because they had framed the concept of the moves by simply decreasing the base power, just like Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. (Would you even imagine a time what if these moves had the same base power as Stone Edge and Earthquake?) 2: Aura Sphere, one of Lucario's moves had its base power decreased to 80 from 90, which is bad because another move had its power decreased. 3: Starting from this game, Overheat had its base power decreased to 130, the same base power as High Jump Kick. the same occured with Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor. This made me very angry. 4: ALL 3 versions of Flamethrower had their base powers decreased to 90, this made me angry to find out when I looked them up on Bulbapedia. Some moves like Bubble had its base powers increased. Also, there are other features that may be unnecessary for me as a player. 1: You can customize your trainer, but you can notice the unnecessary sunglasses for the trainer (Yes. Both the male and female), but you can choose different hats. 2: Pokemon-Amie is a complete joke. In my opinion, an avid player would think that he or she is wasting time in the feature. One time, I even saw a screenshot of a Yveltal in that feature! Since it is the only way to get Sylveon without trading, I would pick another Eeveelution such as Umbreon or otherwise Jolteon. 3: They had ruined the Dragon-type's cool physique by introducing the so-called "Fairy-type", which is immune to the Dragon type, resistant to the Bug type and strong against not only the Dragon type, but also the Dark and Fighting type. However, Fire-type Pokemon (like Typhlosion and Moltres) resist Fairy-type moves. Also, the two types Fairy-type Pokemon are weak to are Poison-type (like Seviper and Crobat) and Steel-type Pokemon (like Skarmory and Aggron). 4: The two games introduced the least number of Pokemon, with only 69 (Whoa, this is less than the amount of Pokemon that were introduced in Gold and Silver!). This also introduced the least number of moves, as well as abilities. Everything about these 2 games appear to be small. Game Freak appears to be "Slaking" off with the games. However, there are positives to these 2 games. 1: Like Pokemon Battle Revolution, the moves can hit the Pokemon while more action is added to the battles like when a Pokemon gets hit or Faints. Take a Gengar battling an Ursaring for example. When that Ursaring faints, it drops to the ground while the area where the Ursaring was standing shrinks and disappears. 2: The moves are getting more sophisticated as more moves are introduced like Powder, a move that Vivillion can know and Boomburst, an attack with 140 base power and the move that Noivern knows. Aurorus can also know the move, Freeze-Dry, a move which is super-effective against Water-type Pokemon (like Clawitzer and Simipour). Also, Hawlucha's signature move, Flying Press can deal both Fighting and Flying-type damage to the opposing Pokemon! 3: Due to the positive reviews to this game, It looks cool, but note there are many changes going on with the game experience compared to Pokemon Black and White. Overall, I would rate it 3 stars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReegans September 7, 2014

Pokemon its awesome.

Pokemon has a awesome thing: Kids, Teens and Adults can enjoy it! Although the game is focused in Pokemon Combat, they have no real consequences (when a pokemon is defeated, it faints and can be healed in a Pokemon Center).
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2013

what iv'e come to expect over the previews

i dont even know what to say... its, well, pokemon! we've come to see many improvements in the leap to the 3ds, and the 3d and graphic limitations are simply scratching the surface. pokemon from all 6 regions are included with all of them spread out neatly. not in 1 area have i found exactly the same pokemon! in fact, i was overwhelmed by the amount of competitively worthwhile pokemon. blaziken or pyroar? salamence or goodra? defiantly an improvement over "1 up to standards pokemon per route." many features have been added to the mix as well. mega evolutions switch up the medigame to keep post game wi-fi battling fresh, character customization that makes your in game currency worthwhile, and many more tweaks and additions we've been hoping for. with all the good things, i cant seem to find anything wrong. klefki and gourgeist weren't TOO much of a dex-filler, the disappointing "scary area" (IE: lavender town) is made up for the creepy hex-maniac ghost, and NPCs had interesting dialogue. defiantly a play for ages who understand how a game works and not for players TOO young, but Pokemon X (and Y) exceeded my expectations.
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

Very Great!

Don't listen to the kid, he thinks he's commenting on something like Conker's Bad Fur Day. This is very great for children 6 and up! Pokémon do not die, they faint, except Team Flare can be scary to children who hate chaos, the plot is dark, including AZ's story, where he loses his Floette and builds a weapon. This is also part of the Pokémon franchise.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMedievalTimes1998 October 20, 2013

Pokemon X and Y may be the best addition to the franchise yet!

I've had Pokemon Y version for a little over a week now, I think it's a really fun and addicting game. I can already tell differences between Pokemon X and Y compared to the past games: All of the Pokemon within the game are in full 3d, and no longer in 2d (which is something I may miss). Pokemon X and Y are based in European locations (more specifically France) and not in Japanese/Chinese locations. Even though there isn't too much options, you can customize your character (buy shirts, hats, accessories, etc.). I think my favorite difference between Pokemon X and Y vs. the past games in the series is that throughout the whole region within the games Pokemon X and Y, you can catch a lot of the Pokemon from previous games without having to complete the game first (which is something you would have to do in most of the previous games). I recommend any parent/aunt/uncle to get Pokemon X, Y, or even both for his: child/children or niece(s)/nephew(s) (especially if they like Pokemon in general). Both Pokemon X and Y are kid friendly games with a large variety of content (there is about 648 different Pokemon to discover, catch, and fight!). There are a few notable differences between X and Y, but overall they are just about the same. Both X and Y have about 10 different Pokemon (old and new) exclusive to each game, encouraging people to trade Pokemon with each other or to buy both games. Overall, this is a game is a really great game and I recommend you to buy it. One a final note: do not save your progress in the streets of Lumiose City (the city which contains the Eiffel Tower), there is a game breaking glitch which could force you to start over the game. If this does happen, don't worry, Nintendo (the owner of the Pokemon franchise) is making a patch/update which should fix this glitch. I read somewhere that the glitch can be fixed manually by doing something with your SD Card, but I think you'll have to research that yourself, reason being that I may mix up the instructions.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2014

Gotta Catch 'em All

I have both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y versions and love both of 'em. The only thing I don't think some parents will approve of is that Yveltal (ee-vel-tall), the legendary of Pokemon Y, is based of of death, and Xerneas (zur-nee-us) is based of of life, however, in America, they changed Yveltal from the Death Pokemon in Japan to the Destruction Pokemon in America. But since here it is Destruction, might not have a problem. The only "safety problems" are that you can play with anyone across the globe, even Japan. I always thought this was cool since you can trade with Japanese people, so that you can get brand-new legendaries that haven't even been ANNOUNCED in America yet. But some parents might think this is bad and blah blah blah blah! Sorry parents! But I just wanna catch 'em all! It's very easy to play. There are some references to dead Pokemon that a character that AZ uses. Also, AZ uses the lives of over 100 Pokemon in the world to bring back the life of his dead Floette, but once Floette found out what AZ had done to save his life, he left AZ. Over 100 Pokemon were killed. I'm not gonna say if Floette came back to AZ or not because that would just be a major spoi-OH! Yeah, sorry I spoile dthe end of the game! XD
Teen, 15 years old Written byConcernedNonParent May 5, 2016

Fun, but easy.

Pokemon is, typically, a very child-friendly series. However, the games do tend to get very dark, and these are no exceptions. The main villain's goals are to make the world a more beautiful place by getting rid of anyone who isn't them, as well as every Pokemon in existence, using a weapon of mass destruction. The story, although simple and a little cliche, was kind of fun. This game is also much easier than previous games in the series. Catch rates and shiny encounter rates have gone up, and catching the game's main Legendary is required in order to progress through the story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFootbananas March 3, 2016

Pokemon X/Y Review

When this game came out I was 9, but I still enjoy it now just as much as I did then. I've played most of the old Pokemon games and this one has taken a big step forward as it is now in 3D. Unfortunately it didn't add as many new Pokemon to the game as other ones. Some people complain that the battles are too violent, but they don't show the Pokemon getting hurt; they do show the Pokemon fainting, but it just slides off screen. It teaches strategy as certain types will do extra or less damage to other types and giving Pokemon items can allow it to heal itself during battle or even make certain attacks do damage to your opponent. There are so many things that go into the strategy of this game like, abilities which can cause different things to happen when a Pokemon enters battle, natures which can change the Pokemon's stats, IVs (Individual Values) are hidden stats that can make a Pokemon extra powerful, or status effects which can make a Pokemon stop attacking for a turn or make them take damage every turn. I would definitely suggest picking this game up if you see it because its hours and hours of fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBooperDooper February 16, 2016
LEARNING

This game is dark, seriously

In this game you take animals and force them to fight each other. The story is about a man trying to rebuild a super weapon to kill all of humanity, I'm serious. And after you beat him you run away leaving him trapped in a cave which collapses on him indirectly killing him, don't let ESRB fool you this should be rated T. Also you can breed Pokemon in the day care center in which after a while you get an egg and the Pokemon have to be male and female. Also some characters you can optionally talk to will make sexual references. And you have to buy everything. People can swear when online. You can get "remedial" herbs to heal your Pokemon. And also some of the Pokemon's Pokedex (a type of journal) are dark involving death murder and mutilation.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2016
LEARNING

I play these games so much!

I love Pokemon Y! Parents can keep their kids entertained for hours. When you 'beat the game' there is still so much stuff to do! Like shiny hunting, filling the pokedex, Breeding etc. I have, like 500 hours played on my Pokemon Y game! And unlike the other Pokemon games, you can customize your avatar. Using game chat is 10+ though. Kids can talk to random adults with it. So kids, if you use game chat tell this to the person your talking to: "I'm a kid, so please don't swear." Gamechat is useful though, you can ask the other player to trade you a specific Pokemon, or ask for tips. Great games! :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byLonewolf gaming December 11, 2015

Stunningly good

First of I want to state Pokemon was my first game and it helped me learn to read as it did when I gave my younger brother a copy of one of my older games. The graphics are amazing the plot is good and teaches about friendship through mega evolution, a state when the Pokemon and trainers have a strong bond and the trainer uses a mega stone the Pokemon reaches a sort of max potential state rising it's stats, changing types, and even changing abilities. Kalos is amazing and beautiful and the skates come in handy.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2015
LEARNING

Pokemon X and Y is a real gem.

This game is AMAZING. I don't have words for it otherwise. If your kid likes Pokemon, get this one rather than the new OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire versions. Myths busted: -The game is not violent. The fighting involved has to do with cartoony attacks and laser beams. -The game is not offensive at all :v I am religious and have no problems with it. -There isn't any consumerism in this. The only safety concern is the possibility that you can talk to other people- provided you have their friend code, which goes down in face-to face encounters. (REAL face-to-face encounters.) I won't list it as a concern since it shouldn't be a problem.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2015
LEARNING

Good changes, but not as good as past entries.

Pokémon X/Y is great for kids; however, if they cannot read well, they will get next to no enjoyment out of this game. This one has the same mechanics as the last Pokémon games (capturing and battling) while still adding a bit more depth, such as Mega Evolution. Compared to past Pokemon games, this one adds only a few new Pokémon. I reccomend to start with Pokemon Black/White. If you want your Pokémon to be truly exceedingly powerful, you have to take many hours breeding your Pokémon in exceedingly careful ways to get good IVs, or Individual Values, Natures, and trained to get good EVs, Effort Values. For casual play, kids. For serious play, teens or adults.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2015

amazing game, but more intense then the previous

this is the best 3DS game ever and i've seen some good ones anyway as said above this game is a lot more intense then the other ones as you may know an attack in an old pokemon game was just a run into the opponent with some smoke effects etc.not this one this one if you used a punching move you could actually see them being punched in the face and when they faint in the old games it was just a fall through ground as if it was hollow not in this you actually see them fall down in pain.if you think the other pokemons were bad well try this one out
Teen, 13 years old Written bytyjackmatt July 3, 2015

POKEMON X/Y REVIEW

It is a super super fun game easy to learn The age would of been lower, but yet again it is animals fighting each other