All teen and kid member reviews for Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Teen, 13 years old Written bykobaltflame December 25, 2011

professor layton is a must buy game

Great game. this game is incredible, but I have to warn you there are some deaths (SPOILERS!!! they determine whether a man commits suicide, a girl is said to die in a year due to an illness). I honeslty think its alright for a three year old, but it would have to be a very smart and mature three year old. The puzzles can range from difficulty, but some of them you don't have to do. They also have 4 hints (the last one practically gives you the answer) so that should make it easier. Also, the last scene was very sad. (spoilers) In the last scene, the girls pet Loosha dies. I'm 13 and I was getting teary eyed. But this is a great game, and I reccomend it to anyone. (by the way, the storyline is INCREDIBLE. Professor layton games are always awesome)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySweetDisposition October 23, 2011

Mr. Layton is the undesputed puzzle king of the decade.

The Professor Layton formula is pretty simple, take an interesting story and mix it with mind-boggling puzzles and you've got this game. Layton's puzzles never disappoint in being both thought provoking and witty, and the game is just a fun, educational game to play. However, the puzzles are hard, and unless a parent wants to help their child, then this game should be played by kids who can handle being a bit frustrated at not being able to figure out a puzzle at first glance. The series itself if pure perfection, and really deserves to be played my more people. I highly recommend this game, and I honestly have no negative points about it right now. *NOTE: Being a teenager, my sense of what some parents might find suitable for their child might differ from what said parents actually think. I didn't really pick up on anything bad, persay, but maybe it's just because my sense of "bad" things is just distorted at this point. But seriously, buy this game. It's good.
Kid, 8 years old February 5, 2015

Sorry, I lied.

Teen, 16 years old Written byFalcus June 26, 2014

Great puzzle game

Another excellent Layton game explores the first adventure he has with Luke. Some amazing puzzles and an immersive story make for an excellent experience. Some mild violence and real emotion felt by characters, as well as very mild innuendo in an extra game.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2013

Fantastic Game!

One of my favorite professor Layton games!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrieona December 9, 2011

Excellent game for puzzle-lovers.

I would highly recommend this game to older kids and teens who enjoy solving puzzles. The game has just the right mix of puzzles and story advancement. The cutscenes are well done, and they feature voice acting. It is definitely worth the money to own. Parents should know that (spoiler alert!) there are several mentions of death in the game. Part of the mystery is about whether a character committed suicide by jumping off a cliff or not, a young girl is said to not have long to live due to an illness (no further details are given, and she is cured at the end of the game), and a beloved animal dies near the end. That said, content-wise, the game is most likely appropriate for someone around the age of nine. However, some of the puzzles are very challenging, so this game is probably better for an eleven- or twelve-year-old.