Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Psychonauts

We predict you'll love this quirky, creative game.

Based on 1 review

Adult Written byLoorTheDarkElf July 5, 2009
Psychonauts was a creative gem, and despite some gameplay/handling issues (the controls got iffy from time to time) it was as fun as a particularly crazy barrel of monkeys. Perhaps a mom or two might get mad about drugs, violence, and some of the adults giving bad advice, but may I remind that the real worlds had some drugs, violence, and adults giving bad advice? Sure, Shasha Nein smokes, but so does 1 person out of every twenty that you run into on the street, and they're REAL PEOPLE. Sure, you set fire to the squirrels, but it was meant in humor. Sure, Nills is OBESSED with women, but at the age that guys notice girls exist, what guy ISN'T obsessed with the ladies? There's some language, but only a peppering, and you can't have game today that doesn't have you destorying your enemey unless you're playing a puzzel game or, heaven forbid, the Sims. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Psychonauts was amazing, dazzling, and so close to perfection you can taste it in the last controller-splitting moments of the game when you're wondering just which way is up. A child should not have to miss out on this work of art because their mom thought their kids would then go out and try to light squirrels on fire with their minds. This game reaches out to those who can take the joke and laugh at the somewhat twisted and totally original humor. If you let your kid watch Invader Zim, you can probably let them play this game. If you were disgusted when Zim started torturing kids to pick a 'best friend' you'll concider this a blemish to mondern socity.