Kid reviews for Red Dead Redemption 2

Outstanding Western adventure has very mature themes.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCrispy tomato October 26, 2018

Amazing game no worse than Tombstone

This game isn't as bad as you'd think for a game made made by rockstar (They Made Grand Theft Auto 5). It's actually very clean and there's more you can do to clean it, I'll get to that at the end... So first it all depends on what you plan on doing if your child plans on killing the whole town I wouldn't let them play. But if you're like me and like to try to take a non violent approach you can try ( it is very hard) or you can just ignore both and explore the beautiful world. first you'll have to do the intro which you are forced to kill some people but after that you can choose your own path. Now for the actual ratings, Violence. (6/10) There is gun fights, fist fights, and possible harm to animals Horses, dogs, ect. You could also simply lasso and hog-tie enemies... (Tip) you can pur your guns away in storage and you won't have the opportunity to use them. Gore (8/10) Gore is mostly the players choice for instance you can lay people on the train tracks and wait for a train, this is the most gory thing in the game, besides point blanking someone with a shot gun. also in the intro you see a dead horse with guts if you look closely but you can easily miss it. (Tip 2) look left to not see it. And lastly a slo-mo kill cam Language (3/10) For a M game it's nothing The main word is B*stard I've seen S*it twice. Sex (1/10) I've seen no nudity all I can think about is in one scene you pee in first person but you can't see anything. Drugs and alcohol (8/10) In almost every cutscene someone has a cigarette, cigar ect you can also get drunk at a saloon. Also you can take alcohol in your bag and drink whenever. That's about it Now as I mentioned before you can Disable the slo-mo kill cam in settings and also turn off subtitles in settings. Overall I think if you trust your kids will do good you should let them play just for the fact this is such a good game to miss the opportunity to play.

Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2018

I’m tired of Common sense media

First of all this game is pretty much a marvel movie but playable. What I mean by that is if you child has watched a marvel movie he can play this game. Secondly common sense media always exaggerates with age rating. “In this game you can rob things and engage in criminal acts AND chew Tabaco”. ITS A FLIPING COWBOY GAME. THE COMMON SENSE MEDIA GUYS NEED TO WACH A FLIPING CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE. Of corse you can rob stuff and act like a ACTUAL COWBOY. Also the nudity part, if your kid has watched the a love movie or Titanic he/she can play this. Yes you do have some close up shots of headshots but it isn’t like gta where bits of the head go flying. Another thing is the decisions, your child can pick wether he wants to kill or spare 80% of the time. The cussing is pretty much standard the f bomb like 1 time and a couple b words IN SENSIBLE TIMES TO ADD TO THE STORY. Lastly there are some things where you kill and skin animals but that’s very mild.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySmurfinator October 26, 2018

Bad themes used in moderation

I'm a kid so call me biased, but this game obviously shows that the main character shows remorse after he kills people, is apprehensive before starting heists and tells other people he's a terrible man. Unlike GTAV which glorifies violence and swearing, this only swears when it would add to the story (when they're being shot at or are particularly angry) and violence isn't glorified or gratuitous. Both are obviously very frequent, but it's not going to encourage a kid who is already familiar with these themes to copy them. There's infrequent sexual references, but nothing bad. In fact, the only explicit sex is when the player saves a woman from being raped. There's use of drugs and alcohol, but again, it's not encouraging anyone to do the same, and most drugs you take in the game have negative side-effects. I knew about all these themes years ago, but I don't think as a parent I would be comfortable with a kid playing this game until s/he was 14-15.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPoopDiddyScoop October 26, 2018

Definitely not for very young kids

I’m 16 and I think that although there is a lot of blood and some strong swearing it’s not too much. There is one scene with partial nudity and another one where a woman is about to be raped but the player stops the man before he can. Based on how you treat other people the game can become harder because if you do a good deed you will normally get rewarded but if you kill someone then their friends or family can hunt you down. The player can’t engage in any sexual acts but people speak of sex around the towns and camps.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGameplayPigeon November 17, 2018

Lit

Obviously review is wrong age but this doesn't deserve 18

Teen, 14 years old Written byVital December 25, 2018

One of the Best Games of 2018

I believe that this game is amazing (as well as many other people) but I think it is a matter of your child's maturity. There is barely any "nudity" in the game from what I have seen so far playing around 30 hours in the game in total. There is decent amount of language, but mostly go***amnit and sh*t, as you would expect from a game about a group of outlaws in the wild west. There is less language than a middle school child would hear at school or when hanging out with their friends. There is a lot of tobacco, as your character can choose to smoke cigarettes and drink. Your character can also get drunk. There is no sexy stuff and the violence is apparent (again as you would expect from a game about outlaws). Blood is easily noticeable but it is not glorified or over gory. Overall, it is an amazing game and your child would regret missing out on the opportunity to play it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCars2fan2004 October 26, 2018

Good for 13 and over.

This game has lots of violence, but way less violent than something like kingsman or deadpool. There are only a few mentions of anything sexual. There is a scene where you save somebody from being sexually assulted, but the assulter dies before he can do it. The swear words are used little times, but when they are they have actual meaning like if somebody is extremely angry.

Teen, 15 years old Written byyillys28 October 30, 2018

Not bad at all

Nothing bad at all but a little swearing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBingeDragon78 October 28, 2018

If your kids can handle swearing and violence you should probably be alright

A mature 11 year old could probably handle this, as they will have heard most of the language in it before and most violence will have negative repercussions, discouraging you from doing it. There are very few sexual scenes, but your character cannot engage in sex himself, however there is gambling with the in-game currency as you can play games such as poker with your friends. Your character can drink alchohol or chew tabacco, and there is cocaine gum which he can chew but it will have mostly negative effects on the character
Teen, 14 years old Written byIML October 26, 2018

Great game. Maybe not for young kids

It is a very intense game with a fair bit of swearing a lot of violence. There is also use of alcohol and tobaco. Great game. Recommend to anyone over the age of 14 atleast. Or maybe younger if there is an adult or someone that can explain troubling topics.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrendande_bp November 10, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written bySiriAtUrService October 27, 2018

Really great game, not for kids.

This is defiantly one of the best games to come out this year, although. It is not suitable for kids. Not only is there an excess amount of swearing and violence, there are also some parts with strippers/prostitutes that can be found completely naked. The controls are also pretty difficult and require the player to make a few difficult choices during the game that the kids may ignore and ruin their experience for them. Otherwise, I would say if you are 14+, and the parents are fine with the child seeing naked people and swearing in games, this game is completely worth it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byhenhood January 4, 2019

Amazing game with mature themes and content

Ok this game is great, but for some reason a lot of the reviews are saying this game is for 10+ its not. The games violence is the biggest factor. When you shoot someone a bloody hole will appear where they were hit. Bladed weapons will cause large gashes on characters. And larger weapons like shotguns, heavy rifles and explosions will tear limbs off and completely remove chatterers heads in a very gory fashion. While this is all optional there is violence that will happen during the story. SPOILERS. A decapitated man rides into your camp holding his severed head (he was killed by a rival gang and they are attacking your camp). In another cut scene one of your friends gets shot in the head and part of his head comes off. In a very intense scene you witness an enemy gang leader being hung while his followers are killed. And finally a dead body is seen after being mauled by a bear its chest is opened and its face is completely destroyed. There is more violence in the story but those are the moments that stood out. Side missions also had violence in arguably the most violent part of the game dead bodies can be found hung up on trees and train tracks cut in half with body parts and intestines lying around under the body there will also be a severed head next to the body with a scroll in its mouth if you find all the bodies and scrolls you will be able to track down the killer and find his lair with all sorts of mutilated bodies. The area of the map called tall trees LITERALLY has dead bodies hanging from every tree. There will be completely naked bodies with their genitals cut off in some of the camps. The language inst that bad just the regular shit bitch goddamn there is a few instances of fuck and one n-word I don't know why people say their isn't but there is. There is also alcohol and sexuality saloons will have prostitutes who will offer to have sex with you you cannot accept. However there is a mission where you will have to get drunk and you see people having sex overall it isn't that bad. The game isn't for kids. I often found myself grossed out and disturbed by the violence. However anyone above 15 and maybe 14 should be able to handle it. This is without a doubt the best game i've ever played its story rivals many westerns and I would say combined with the first game the full story of both is the best western tale ever told. The charterers aren't perfect but they try their best especially toward the end and that's why they are the perfect protagonists. The game inst meant to be played by kids or teenagers so keep that in mind. Most of the reviews here are made by kids who either didn't play very far into the game or don't understand what their saying this is arguably one of the most graphic and violent games ever made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAAVuF5PPI

Teen, 16 years old Written bysouthman16 November 1, 2018

Perfectly fine as long as you're mature

While there is plenty of gun violence in this game, overuse of it is discouraged and other characters will disassociate themselves from morally bad players. Drinking and drugs have bad effects and are not glorified in any way. There is no nudity, only sexual references. There is one scene where you save a woman from getting raped but there is no actual depiction of the action and the rapist is shown to be a bad person. There is nothing in this game that is worse than what you what watch in a typical action movie, perhaps with the exception of (very) slightly more detailed violence. As long as you are mature and can handle what I have mentioned, there is no reason not to play this game.

Kid, 8 years old November 26, 2018

Get this game.

This is a amazing game. It has a lot of swearing, but I think your child will understand not to use that language. It was some drinking, you can go to a bar, smoke cigarettes, cocaine gum, and bunch of alcoholic. Really no sexual stuff. You should get this game for your child or someone else. AND YOU CAN GET HONOR FOR KILLING KKK MEMBERS!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byButnik November 3, 2018

If your fine with gore it's Ok!

This is an amazing game which my elder brother (18) introduced me to and since then I have had a blast! The free roam mixed with story constantly keeps your attention and the graphics are great! The gore is the main point of concern but at 13 most kids (in my experience) will be getting used to games like this and start playing more and more of them. The language is similar to what you will find in a playground and there is very little nudity. As long as you know that it is just a game and that it shouldn't be recreated in real life then this game is really ok for most teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJaykool1099 December 3, 2018

Cimpared to gta 5, this game is more better

it's a cool shooting game. but gta 5 is worse i can tell you

Teen, 13 years old Written byFuzzyUnicorn November 16, 2018

A Full Review

I played red dead redemption 1 like. . . five years after release? My parents had beat it 100% and the only weapons I was aloud to use were the lasso and knife. all i could do was ride around helping people. And it was GREAT. Red Dead Redemption 2 is so much more. I spent an insane amount of time just riding around. The graphics are so beautiful, that sometimes I just look at the scenery. And you can take pictures. I started quests like 10 hours in the game and like 20 hours in I got an Arabian. (The best breed of horse) It felt like such an accomplishment! All the quests I've done are appropriate, if you're alright with killing people of course. There are 2 quests that you might think are a little to much for your kid though. 1. You take some girls to a town called Valentine because they are bored. One girl is in the hotel and you walk in a room to find a guy standing over her. She's not nude or anything, outside the hotel I'm pretty sure she tells you he hit her? Don't quite remember. 2. At the end of this quest, "We loved once and true" a boy tries to kill himself. I don't know how gruesome it is, because my parents did it for me, but you try to shoot the gun out of his hand. If you fail... well... The game really encourages you to be good. It's a lot of management, but, say, you kill someone. you will lose honour, and even if you pay the bounty, people will treat you harshly in the street, saying stuff like, "We don't need you to cause any more trouble." Wearing bandanna's in town or having your gun out causes people to be uneasy. Sorry this was so long! Please let your child do the quests as they're SO important to the story! oh and if YOU played rdr1 and didn't let your kids, explain what happens so rdr2 makes more sense. John and Jack Marston are in the game. And it explains how John got his scars. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE play this game! It's beautiful and detailed and just so much fun! ugh. Anyway, bye (You can get drunk in the game. Takes A LOT of boos though. one quest he does get drunk, but it's hilarious, he starts hallucinating his friend everywhere. F word is mentioned, Sh** word more often. but for good reason. Falling off a cliff and your horse has died? Yep you'll hear a Sh**)
Teen, 15 years old Written byjackpickup21 November 10, 2018

A Masterpiece of a Game

First off, this game is a work of art. The way that the main story is over 60 hrs long and yet it never feels repetitive or boring is amazing. On the content part of things, for a Rockstar game it is incredibly tame. There is way less language than I thought, and it is only when they are really mad. The violence is fairly bloody but it is not senseless violence, and the character often feels remorse afterword. There is one scene that I have seen so far where the character gets blackout drunk, and they smoke cigars but other than that, there is not much. Overall, this is the best Open World game of all time and will hold that title for many years.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHenHood123 November 7, 2018
The game has large amounts of violence with arms legs and head being dismembered from shotguns and high powered rifles there isnt very much sex but prostitues can be seen