Parent reviews for Rocket League

Rocket League Poster Image

Fun to play and watch!

Like many parents, I'm pretty fed up with how video games just retread the same ideas endlessly and rely heavily on violence. I am always seeking something that offers more. Rocket League is essentially soccer football with cars. Doesn't sound 'new', but the idea really works! Teams of 2 or 3 players are contained within a field much like a giant hockey rink, where the huge ball can't go out of bounds. Players can manipulate the cars (jump, dodge, flip) as well as rocket them (literallly) around the field. The result is an exhilarating game to both play and watch. The program has extensive training grounds to get you started, and then the league matches you up with players of similar ability for games. For that reason I've ranks it 'easy to play' but it's a very demanding game and some skill levels are incredible to watch. The graphics are amazing, and rich replay abilities make it a real pleasure just to spectate. I'm a horrible player, but have had hours of enjoyment 'coaching' my son on tactics, etc. The teams are assigned by the system based on play ability, so you are mostly playing with people you don't know. They've made good decisions on online chat (it's restricted to the actual players, and tends to have pre-set messages that keep chatter on task and positive). There are also nice features to allow you to keep on playing with team mates. There's the occasional spoil sport and foul language in the chats, but overall it is an extremely supportive team environment. Probably the most conciliatory I've seen online. I've said this is good for 8 and up. I suspect most players are much older; but the league can accommodate a wide variety of player ability. In terms of violence, I'll mention that you _can_ blow up other cars if you have a head on collision. But for the most part, it's no more violent than a real soccer match -- a lot of bumping and jostling for the ball. I highly recommend it.

2 people found this helpful.

one of the best

BUY IT.
1 person found this helpful.

Easy to learn, hard to master

Rocket League is a fun game that is best played with friends. You drive around in a car of your selection (all cars have the same stats, top speed, accelerating etc.), customize it to your liking (colour, hats, boost colour) and play soccer. Matches last up to 5 minutes, with a Sudden Death round if there is a tie at the end of regulations. Sudden Death is simply the team who shoots the next goal wins. You can perform various tricks with your car and use the boost engine to gain some additional speed. There is a nice tutorial mode for newcomers, but the best way of learning the game is really to play in a team with your friends! There is something parents need to aware of. Since this game is best played on the internet, there's gonna be a lot of people who use inappropriate language or straight up try to bully other players. But honestly, that's the internet for you. Parents should know by now how the internet is. All in all, it's a fun game, which you can easily play with your kids. Though I do recommend playing with friends and/or family, when you plan to play with some younger audiences (3 to 10 years old). Again ladies and gentleman, it's the internet.

1 person found this helpful.

Horrible game

Horrible game, very toxic. Control of a car could be more easy. You can spend years on this game and never control the car. Matchmaking is very bad. Kickoff are horrible, could be better if the ball starts on the roof. Very short of content. Freestylers only a few and they spend all day playing the game. Not recommend if you dont wanna lose you friends and family

Hard game

It’s a game hard, you depend of teammates, match making, and Its a very hard mechanical game, dont think is for children. I really get disappointed of the low cost of the game. And if you bought it years before now its free to play. I highly recommend train hours and hours to get to mid divisions

Rocket league

I think its a decent game. But there are a few things i hate and i think cyonix needs to fix. One, They need to fix skill baced mach making because i keep getting like gold players in a diamond treny. Or when they need to make it for only diamonds. Another thing is they need to fix the ban time when you leave a terny to like a week because people just leave and dost even care so its makes it a 2v3 and thats not fare. Cyonix please fix yor game.

Very Fun!

They have so much fun playing the game, even when I tried it, IT WAS SO FUN!

Good for kids 6+

Rocket League is a very fun game for kids, yet it can be challenging for younger kids (1-5). It is a good role model for kids, having them work in teams to get things done.

Competitions

They may call them tournaments not competitions. However for 4 evenings child and his friends can’t get on to the competition. They build themselves up for disappointment. Then the stress it causes. It’s addictive and ridiculous.

1/10, Very fun!

Its an awesome game! Basically, you drive a car around hitting a huge soccer ball into goals If your kid likes cars/soccer, this is the game for them! My kid and his friends play this game all the time and all i hear is laughter from them when their cars fling around. Yes, the cars crash, but they dont get damaged or anything. Extremely fun and i definitely recommend for ages 5 and up.