Parent reviews for Scribblenauts

Scribblenauts Poster Image

Haha, I love it!!

It's sooooo fun! I would laugh my head off as I dressed myself as a mom, and had a girl follow me, and a police officer would start raging! I love giving spoilt brats what they deserve, marrying 2 people, and much more!

Parents Beware, the higher levels are not so "sweet"

Well, as I found out today, in the name of "educational gaming" your child can learn how to bury a corpse and kill animals. I think there are better motivators to learn how to keyboard and spell. This is ultimately another attempt to desensitize kids to violence with cute cartoons. How is this entertainment or appropriate for 10 years olds? Maybe if the family business is grave digger.

Awesome game!

This is an awesome game. As far as some of the reviews, you will find something wrong with anything if you look for it. It encourages problem solving which many kids today are not learning in the current school system. Creativeness is important for proper development.

Good for all ages

My 10 year-old created a level in which a terrorist was about to blow up an atomic bomb, making me extremely disturbed. I did also notice some obscure internet memes like rickroll (a music video that is very common on YT), Keyboard cat (stuffed cat on a keyboard), and my kids favorites, 217 (huge exploding picture), Feep (robotic zombie), and Weegee (basically it's medusa gone wrong).

The best educational game we've bought so far

This is one of the best games for kids. It works on their reading and writing skills. We bought this for our 6 year old to help him work on his writing skills. He opted to use the (typing) keyboard instead which is still great. Now he knows his way and can find the keys with ease. I'm sure it helps re-inforce his spelling skills. He's one of his classes best spellers. Plus it's a good introduction to some mythological characters like Medusa and Pegasus.

Highly recommended.

This is fantastic, imaginative game that has kept our 11 year old occupied for hours on recent long car trips. We liked that you can get 'hippy points' for solving the puzzles without weapons. It's amazing the number of items and interactions they've included in this innovative game. Highly recommended!

Such a creative game!

This game is encouraging my son to try to spell out more things on his own, and he is using his reading skills too. Both kids can share levels that they create and it's good to see them working together and laughing like crazy at the funny scenes they create. A lot of fun so far.

I wouldn't call this game of the year, but it's still good

My only complaint is the controls: Maxwell will sometimes move even if you don't control him to. Sometimes, it's unresponsive. If they fixed this problem, the game could have been perfect. Everyone is bought in by all this "You can summon just about everything" concept, and I love that too, but you have to admit the controls can be pure evil at times.

It's a fun and educational game

My son can't put it down. He will be 10 next month. He LOVES this game. We almost have to pry it from his hands. He was playing Pokemon and now has turned to this game. He is learning too! But don't tell the kids that or they won't want it.