Kid reviews for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Great 2d platformer!!

This game is great!! I think the difficulty level in this is really good, it’s a fun challenge but not too difficult!! The characters all have really nice designs, and I really don’t get why it’s rated teen, the characters look fine to me!! (Well, except maybe the Giga Mermaid) But some people are over the top, don’t worry about it! It's not like it's gonna scar your kids for life or anything!! Violence is pretty much non existent, unless you class hair flicking as violent haha! You can buy the "Tinkerbat" transformation dance a little later in the game where you can use a sword to kill enimies, but it's all very cartoony! Level designs are really interesting and the game is super fun! The boss battles are hard at first until you figure out how to win them! The soundtrack is really good, I have to hand it to Jake Kaufman! He mixed "egyptian-desert" style music with modern styles like rock to create an awesome soundtrack, but i'm getting off topic. I love this game and think it's great for anyone 8 and up!

Basically a saturday morning cartoon: In game form.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is a sidescrolling platformer, Similar to Mario. The game is addicting, But most of the female characters wear revealing clothes. Even though you probably said this game was 18+ because of the main character's body, This game is no different from your run-of-the-mill Saturday Morning Cartoon.

Sexual Moments Alert!

The Pirate Queen's quest DLC had a scene where risky boots had here clothes off, in the bathtub. Her tinkerbat minions watched her. (cringes)

A little sexual

well the games ok but they have oversized boobs.

Great game!

The game is great and i love it but the missions are the same type: go and get something. Apart from that don't listen to it saying it is 13+ it really isn't that bad!

I don't know how it got a T there is nothing wrong with the game

Great game to add on to the series.

I really enjoyed this game when i pre-ordered it. Very fun, and creative storyline and Gameplay mechanics. There isnt any Sexual refrences in this game as Its just costumes and no kissing. Their is a bit of crude humor though. Overall, this game can entertain gamers, like myself and can entertain casuals just looking for a good time. Would recomend!

Could've easily been E10+

Don't be alarmed by the sudden rating bump-up; the outfits didn't get any skimpier nor did the game get any more violent from previous entries in the series. You can verify this by seeing that the PEGI and Australian ratings are the exact same for this as the E10+ Pirate's Curse. The one weird strict rater must've gotten ahold of this one when it was submitted to the ESRB.