Parent reviews for Shelter 2

Poetic but flawed, confused game falls short of potential.

Adult Written byFire_Foxx10 May 8, 2015

Excellant!

I've played this game before and no less than loved it! (also if this sounds weird, ignore it says I'm a parent. Something got messed up, but I'm a teen) I would recommend this game to children age 9 and up. It has educational messages about the harsh realities of mother nature, but there is no blood. be aware that one of the not so appropriate features to the game is that it is possible for your lynx cubs in the game to die, but there is no violence in the process. The unique graphics are quite impressive, and resemble an origami or paper crafted type of graphic.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byBajantomorrow April 17, 2017

Good game for animal loving gamer kids

My child plays this game and loves it. The game depicts nature which can indeed be harsh but the graphics are not gory or gratuitous in my opinion.

My child was introduced to the game by StacyPlays on Youtube so had none of the issues of knowing how to play that the Common Sense Media reviewer described.

I'm not at all attached to this game but wanted to write to counteract the very negative review Common Sense Media gave this game. I see from the bio that the reviewer is an experienced gamer and game designer. Despite these credentials, I found the review was skewed to an older audience and was not in touch with how kids play today or how they learn about new games.

I was disappointed in this review because the media landscape is changing for our kids and it would be nice if a site like Common Sense Media could help parents to navigate this changing landscape.

For those of you with gamer kids StacyPlays has a number of channels demonstrating different video games including Shelter, Paws (a Shelter game), Meadow (another Shelter game), Minecraft and a variety of Minecraft mods. To get a sense of the games you may need to invest some time watching the videos which can run to half an hour long.
Adult Written byfishfaceking0 September 20, 2015

Great!

as i am a child myself, i have been in love with this game. The graphics are good, but slightly hard when chasing a white rabbit in winter... The story is absolutely fantastic and really puts you in the 'mothering' feel, as you WANT all your cubs to survive. My only annoyance is the controls and the way your (mother lynx)'s stamina runs out super-quick.
Over all, this game is great but not worth over £12, unless you want the new dlc, but that is a different review...

Ease of Play