Kid reviews for Shelter 2

Poetic but flawed, confused game falls short of potential.

Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2015

Beautiful game and art style

Oh my god this game is so emotional, the story is that you are a mother Lynx and you give birth to your Cubs and try to make them survive as long as you can. When I played this game I was so attached to my Cubs. I wanted to make them survive Though the whole journey. Really good game i recommend it to you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJayflight April 1, 2020

A beautiful game for animal lovers!

I love this game! It's artistic style magnifies it's beauty, and is perfect for anyone who's interested in nature!

I have played this game for a few years now, and the results of your gameplay are ever changing! Especially if you add the DLC, Shelter 2: Mountains. It does cost you money, but other than that one purchase, everything else comes for free.

Warning for parents, this game might be a little too scary for younger kids, but honestly the violence isn't too bad. The devs did a good job keeping it to a minimum, and the most scariest thing might be wolf attacks, which might be a little intense since everything goes dark and you only have a minute to get to safety. Gore is practically non-existent, except for a bit of red covering babies faces and paws when they eat. And, of course, you are a predator, who must hunt for her babies, so there will be killing deer, and rabbits, and birds, which may be upsetting to some.

This is my favorite game, and will likely continue to be! Please don't be shied away by some of the things I've mentioned, since they really aren't too violent and scary, and I only mentioned it for the welfare of younger viewers.

Teen, 16 years old Written byteaIiqhtes March 24, 2020

Soothing and relaxing

An open-world game, you can go anywhere anytime you wish to. With four cubs to raise, there is always the possibility of one falling ill or being killed by another animal or natural disaster. Despite this, the game isn't scary or gory - though it might not be suitable for sensitive people. In my playthroughs, I haven't noticed any major bugs or glitches that can't be fixed by hitting the pause button and resuming. However, it's important to note that there is no way to manually save the game which can become annoying at times. Mother Lynx must hunt to feed herself and her cubs, but minimal blood and gore is shown.

Ease of Play
Kid, 9 years old April 17, 2017

Why Shelter is a good game

I think this is a beautiful game. It gets you into the character. It makes you feel like this is happening to you - the changing seasons. And, to watch your babies grow up is beautiful.

It's not gory. I don't like gory stuff and I can play it.

Ease of Play