Kid reviews for SimAnimals

You play as the hand of nature in this fabulous forest sim.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPeachyAngel December 17, 2017

Really good alternative to the normal sims games and even better for on the go!

I originally got this game when I was 6 so I would have something to do at the doctors office and got another one to relive my early childhood. It's really fun! But it can be scary for sensitive kids. (When an animal dies it makes a weird sound which was scary to be so i assume it might be scary to others) Also it might be hard to unlock certain animals if your child tends to skip reading parts and just play the game. But other than that it's a great game! Teaches you how animals live and encourages kindness. YOUR YOUR OWN GREAT ROLE MODEL!

Teen, 15 years old Written byTotallyARealPerson July 27, 2015

Only buy if it's on clearance.

I bought the DS version several years ago when I was twelve, so I will admit that I am not quite the target audience. There aren't any issues in terms of being kid friendly, but there are several design flaws that make it unbearable for children. First of all, whenever you don't take care of an animal, it leaves the forest and the game plays this disproportionately sad little tune that makes it seem like the animal has died when in reality it usually just pops up in another area. This may seem nit-picky, but after about five repetitions even I started to find the tune frustrating, and kids with even the remotest sense of empathy will probably take it personally. Second of all, children older than six will likely be miffed at the condescending and watered down tone the narration takes.(When a mommy rabbit and a daddy rabbit love each other very much, they might decide to have a baby rabbit!!) My advice is, if you find it at the bottom of the Wal-mart bargain bin, go ahead and buy it. Your kid will probably play it for an hour or so and then forget about it or (in my case) pawn it off to a younger sibling. It is NOT worth the full price and please don't buy it as a Christmas or birthday present. Your kid will just be guilt-tripped into playing it for hour after agonizing hour.
Kid, 12 years old April 25, 2014

OK

It's fun to take care of the forest. Educational it's cool, because you learn about the animals and plants living there, but it can get a bit boring. It's a tiny bit violent, when cats, dogs and bears attack the others, but that's what they do in nature.

Teen, 16 years old Written byWyndcaller March 19, 2014

A great, simple, easy-to-play simulation!

This is my personal favorite animal simulation game. Certainly good for kids 6 and up. It is easy to play, and quite fun!

Ease of Play
Kid, 11 years old November 6, 2011

Best Game I've Ever Played

I got this game a year ago and I love it! It has positive messages because it teaches children to take care of the environment and it's educational because it teaches kids what different animals eat and where they live. Overall this game is very fun and is a good investment of money because you'll never be bored of playing this game! I think it's good for kids 8 and up because it can be a bit frustrating getting your animals eaten and you need to be able to read well to play.

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancerlexielea321 August 30, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 February 26, 2010

eh

this game is kind of stupid, you get bored preety easily and its kind of hard to keep the animals happy

Teen, 14 years old Written bySakura12354 November 22, 2009

perfect for anybody who can read

get the game