Kid reviews for SimCity 4

City building sim offers great entertainment & education.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKERO5 October 28, 2020

Nice game, but please learn how Mayors run their cities before playing this game

It is a nice game, because it has very cool graphics and a great concept, though according to Wikipedia, it was "...rather rushed.".

However, the lesson I have learn from this game is that before you build massive welfare project, you have to deal with debt and taxes first and to maintain a stable economic growth.
In my several cities, I have tried to build and maintain welfare for all and make sure that I keep law and order, but eventually, I plunged my cities into financial chaos multiple times.
If you want to play this game, one thing you should remember is, as I mentioned before, to slowly build and progress through rather than immediately build things. Otherwise, it is a pretty nice game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheLostPotato June 8, 2018
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

Great game for any age!

This is a great game if you like building cities.You can do whatever you want to your city.
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2012

Perfect!

A W E S O M E ! If you like Simcity and The Sims, buy this! It does have shooting, gambling, but it is fun. Plus: you could build the Empire State Building! Plus: get Area 51 with UFO. You can even get an Army Base and get military transports.

WARNING: It sounds like they the the "D word" sometimes.

Note: even though it says 2 and up, I even think a baby can play it if they know how to play video games.

Welp, I say it rocks, and is better than The Sims. You can even make sims in it!

Ease of Play
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2012
Kid, 10 years old September 30, 2011

Best of it's genre.

A great city simulator, and the worst content I can think of is in the Rush Hour expansion where you can drive tanks and army jets and you can fire shells which can potentially destroy your city. Also, when a nuclear power plant catches fire or gets to old, it blows in a large nuclear explosion. You can take the game up to a new level on sites like Simtropolis where you can download thousands of free, custom content for Simcity.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytb10997 June 14, 2011

I LOVE this games!

It is a great game for all ages. I have been playing ever since it came out and now I have basically mastered the game. I recentally installed it for my brother (7) and he likes to destroy his city more then build it, but that is part of the fun. It has a simulated buget system and you have to keep track of it, otherwise you will get recalled and mayor!

Teen, 14 years old Written byray_scanten82 September 28, 2010
This game is non-violent (however, the disaster such as giant robots and earthquakes are there), interesting and educational. I will allow my young brother to play it.

Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2010

Sims are way better

Okay
Teen, 15 years old Written byPinbot 95 June 28, 2010

complex but easy to learn

fun game. gets you to think about how cities work. after a while you start to learn how different parts of the city work together. sure disaster can strike the city, however, there are no death tolls, just how much it will cost to rebuild. the only reason i say 10 and up is the complexity.

Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byali12 August 30, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written by30bla30 June 30, 2009

Ok for all, but too hard for little kids

One of the best games ever. I have a lot of FPSs like COD and Halo. but this game is just as good if not, better. Very educational, Very hard, And very entertaining

Teen, 16 years old Written bynhrihjnbofnhbia April 9, 2008

how can you rate this

in my opinion this game cant even be rated
Teen, 14 years old Written byariela2224 April 9, 2008
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bydomini-honney-aka-me April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byWhiteBoogeySense April 9, 2008

Cool Game

It's good. You have more control over your city than any other game. The three modes, god mode, mayor mode, and my sim mode let you enjoy the game in 3 different ways.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBig-D April 9, 2008

i laughed

i think it is very good
Teen, 13 years old Written byilovehimmx10 April 9, 2008

uhh.

it was ok. i have it, but i dont really like it, to advanced for my small brain.