All parent member reviews for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Adult Written bynduns March 16, 2010

Sonic racing done right

While I do find the idea of someone who hates this game giving it a perfect score anyway strange, that's not the point of this review. Anyway, when it comes to racing and Sonic, the results have not been all that great. Sonic R, Riders and Drift were all mediocre at best, Riders mostly suffering from a system that was quite difficult to figure out for the first day or so. However, the Sega All-Stars games have at least done a good job so far and this is no exception. It's easy to figure out and just plain fun, using many elements from Mario Kart while also adding the wonder simply known as special attacks, plus everyone has a different vehicle, no one actually using a go-kart, hence this isn't a Mario Kart ripoff. I have the DS version, so of course I don't have all the bonus characters that the other versions added, but nonetheless, it's still very enjoyable and the first truly great Sonic racing game.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

Can't wait for the sequel!

Very fun game! It goes great with a family night (one where you can dine-out at an italian pizzeria,play games,ect.) It is also really easy to play!
Adult Written byJEDI micah June 19, 2012

BEST RACING GAME EVER!!!

You are right, Common Sense. This is an extremely fun game! It's probably the best racing game I have ever played! It makes a fantastic game for the whole family! I love this game, and I can't wait to play the sequel! That's right! A SEQUEL to this game is coming in Fall 2012! It's gonna have racing, not just on land, but also on water and air! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bydjlyon1 January 1, 2011

FUn for family and play alone, though some courses require real skill

Parent of a 8 year old Written byvelveta December 23, 2010

Parent of a 6 year old Written byTDunne August 23, 2010

Common Sense Media gives the Empire Strikes Back 8+ but this game 9+. That does not make sense. Darth Vader cuts off Lukes hand while telling him he is his father and Han Solo spends the night in the belly of a dead animal. Sonic has no violence even close to this level. Great game to play with your 1st grader. Plenty of unlocks and split screen co-op. In 60 days he went from struggling to not be in last to 1 ever time and I am not sure I can beat him anymore. Up to four can play at once locally so his friends come over and play. The only thing you have to worry about is keeping a time limit on playing .... you will hear ...just one more race ... please. Oh yeah ... Empire Strikes Back is an awesome movie for a 8 year old.
Adult Written byBaro Shijj May 14, 2010

Good, but not without faults

This is a great game, but there's a lot of consumerism. Also, some of the levels are kind of creepy. (zombies)