All parent member reviews for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Adult Written byRed75 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byatomicsheep April 9, 2008

awesome game for adults

A good game with decent graphics
Adult Written byRedDragonKnight April 9, 2008

Adult Written byeliram874 June 2, 2014

Don't even bother buying it.

I was the previous user eliram first of all my sincere apologies to everyone for my previous review I was totally wrong and should not write the review till I finished completely playing the whole entire game including side quests. When I wrote the review back then it was a total careless mistake which I absolutely regret. The video game as mentioned it is gory when you go to an emission and your body splatters to pieces after the character dies. as a christian whether roman catholic or orthodox there too many problems with this game one of those problems you have to shoot zombies, snork(mutated humans)(basically shooting the dead) The game is called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for a purpose Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, and Robbers. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/03/12/stalker-meaning-revealed) You not only stalk artefact's but also have the choice to stalk people including a sacrilegious element in which you can stalk a catholic priest that has a weapon and the suit of military in exchange of money. they insult the catholic beliefs as well as orthodox. The first 2 stalker series wich is this one and clear sky they have sacriligieus elements as well as blasphemies (http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Kill_Father_Diodor) (http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Father_Diodor) you can also skip this mission still it is a high insult to any Christian Catholic and to God. You can kill and loot enemy's weapons and food. You do not loot money since the game was no programed that way. get drunk the type of enemies you encounter are humans(includes zombies, and humanoids, and other armed human beings) and mutated creatures. You have the choice at times to do mercy killing to your enemies. You can also choose to betray other characters in order to steal a weapon or just because one of the characters will pay you money. this game can be played decently you can also choose not to stalk anyone. reason is called stalker is because you are trying to stalk a main character which will lead to an unexpected twist. absolutely no sexual content, only the f-word is used twice some profanities including D words(way too many to count), S words. there is 2 blasphemies in game gd word. and also about one to two f words in game if you download and install mods(which stand for modifications) the game can get gorier and be filled with many of blasphemies.(for instance Complete 2009) only spiritual thing that contains there are mutants by the name of poltergeist(in real life is one of the names of on of the devil's) because they can lift objects and throw them at you invisibly This game is not for kids nor for any decent Christian Catholic or Christian Orthodox period. When I wrote the review I played things here and there and focused on the main story but if you choose to do side quests which are only options you will encounter this problems. the profanity is unavoidable the Russian profanity is not worth mentioning it is really strong one of them highly common is the f word as the bandits die. I do not recommend to anyone this game since there is sacrilegious elements. as well as there is no moral is quite the contrary the world of this game is from an anarchist's perspective (even though there is no mention of it.) there are other games all of the s.t.a.l.k.e.r. series are like that, I definitely can see why there is no other reviews for the other games as well. i removed the game and broke the cd's it is just highly insulting do not waste your money in this one buy other games instead.