Parent reviews for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

A creepy, mature, first-person sci-fi shooter.

Adult Written byInnovation874 November 24, 2018

Title says it all

Great idea lots to explore.
I enjoyed most of it up till... I will explain

Where I felt odd......

It is dark from A monster called bloodsucker which appears and disappears and scratches and bites.

To 2 types of zombies ones that do not eat human and ones that does (snorks)
The game gets stranger when it you fight poltergeists (which it is a spirit mixed with a ghost, in real life it is a type of deamon).

Here is what killed the game and what felt very very odd.
The problem and the turn off.....

The game there is quotes when you talk to charracters it does say blasphemie usingThe name of God whole condemning someone when a charracter is angry. You do not hear but it is in the text.

The other main problem is after you play it for so long eventually you have an optional mission to kill a Catholic military chaplain priest from Poland in the game. It was highly disturbing and offensive to us Catholics and also the orthodox it is literarly a sacrilege.
It is highly unacceptable, it is like to describe how bad it is it is as if killing Our Lord. It is very evil.

To the game I say no Skip it. You are not gaining anything by it.
There is so many games out there why does it have to be this one there is others that are not evil.
Literarly I broke the game.

Adult Written byTheInsaneDude June 25, 2015

I think parents and the like should start using their brains and play this magnificent game.

You guys should actually read what's on the box, and play the game yourself before making judgements based on what you think goes on, based on what actually happens. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is a semi-open worlded survival horror first person shooter based in the Exclusion Zone/Zone of Alienation (Ingame, simply known as The Zone) of Pripyat, Kiev, Ukraine. The game's lore is based around a second, fictional explosion at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, adjacent to the city of Pripyat in 2006. You play as an amnesiac Stalker known as Marked One, and you must navigate your way to the center of the Zone, exploring, robbing, etc, to get to the end goal. But it's much more than that, the atmosphere and overall feeling of the Zone depicted in STALKER SoC is just so unnerving, terrifying, and overall just amazing. This is a game, that is more for those that are looking for a challenge, and just something different than the average FPS game. It's like as if, the Fallout series and Metro series had a baby, set it in an alternate reality in a real place, filled it with anomalies, artifacts, mutants, and Stalkers from all walks of life, and giving it an absolute grueling experience, and called it S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
My only real gripe with this game, is the fact at launch, it was almost completely broken, bugs and X-Ray Engine Bug Trap crashes all around, the most recent patches fix this issue, and installing bugfixing/improvement mods like OGSE (Old Good S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Evolution), Zone Reclamation Project, Oblivion Lost, and so on, will fix this issue for the most part. Personally, I enjoyed the hell out of this game, completed it on Master difficulty, patched to 1.0005 and Zone Reclamation Project 1.07 R4, it took 60+ hours, but my god, was it ever worth it. I highly recommend this game to anyone that can handle the so called sp00ky "Extreme gore and blood" (Which there isn't much of, a bit of body horror and intense gunplay but that's about it)

I wish the best to my fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s and gamers, stay cheeki breeki my brothers.
Adult Written byRedDragonKnight April 9, 2008
Adult Written byRed75 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byatomicsheep April 9, 2008

awesome game for adults

A good game with decent graphics