All teen and kid member reviews for Super Paper Mario

Teen, 14 years old Written byCalebCalebCaleb April 8, 2009

Great buuutt

This is a great game. took me about 2 weeks to beat it and i was 13. Yet for those who are christians (like myself), It has some fortune telling and all that kind of dark relm things. It also speaks of the "Dark Prophesy" which is not really bad but kida iffy.
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2010

tips

Here are some tips. First how to get Dashel defeat filpside's 100 trials. Pickalow talk to flopside's fortune teller then talk to flipside's fortune teller then talk to the man who gave you the 3D power then talk to the mayor of the town nearest to the guy who gave you 3D power then go to world 1-4 and talk to a person in the place where the pure heart would be then retrace your step at the end unlock the door that is locked in flopside. Last Barry after defeating Francis talk to the bush he was hiding in
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2016

Awesome game, could be scary

This game revolves around Count Bleck, the main antagonist. He hypnotized Bowser and Peach and the marry. Count Bleck has the Dark Prognosticus. You go to Flipside and you start your journey. You meet Tippi, basically a guide for you, almost like Navi or Tatl from the Legend of Zelda. You go through 8 chapters and y meet many things. Some things that could scare kids are the characters. Mimi is just HORRIBLE. When you first meet her, you are forced so you can actually go through with the story to break her 1,000,000 rupee vase. Mario offers her golden coins, but she spits on them and makes you her slave until you can pay for it. Once you put it in the bank in her mansion, she explodes.AND YOU SEE SOME OF HER REMAINS ON THE GROUND. Once you go back to where you came in, she is perfectly well and alive, but she has shapeshifted into Merlee, her master. Once you figure out she is not the real Merlee, she poofs back into Mimi and the most horrid scene of the game comes on. When I was 8 and I first saw this I wouldn't play for 2 YEARS. First, her eyes turn pitch black and she is sporting a horror movie smile. Suddenly, you hear very realistic cracking noises as her head spins until it is upside down and keeps it spinning Exorsist style. Once she spins her head another ten times, it stops. Upside down. Her eyes also have DISSAPEARED IN THE PROCESS. With a jackpot sound that probably came straight from the casino, eight giant legs sprout from her now giant head and the only thing that makes it still look like herself is the TINY DANGLING BODY ON HER HEAD. She follows you around saying " Mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi...." Until you get into the bathroom. But if you take too long in one room, she teleports in. Teleports. If you flip into 3D, you see she HAS GEARS IN HER UGLY SPIDER HEAD. In the bathroom, Mimi has shapeshifted into Merlee again and you have to do trivia t find who the real Mimi is using their birthday( Mimi's is March 5), and their favorite things ( Mimi like boys). If you getting right, Mimi is her ugly spider form again and you fight her in the bathroom. If you beat her, she once again blows up. Other than that, nothing else is as scary and the game is very funny.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 28, 2011

One of the best Wii™ games out there!

The third installment in the Paper Mario series is just stunning! This is my first PM game (the first Paper Mario coming second), so this is definitely my favorite in the series. Despite some of the hate it gets (simply because it is not like the original games), I still love it! The gameplay is excellent and easy to master. The design is awesome. Good triumphs over evil and another happy ending in the Mario series. Princess Peach is not the "damsel in distress". You get to play as Bowser and Luigi, too, since Bowser isn't technically a villain (or at least the main villain) in this game. It's just brilliant!
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Good game

A little bit of Mario violence. I love how Peach doesn't play the "damsel in distress" in this game. Logic and reading are required.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReviewBoy November 11, 2009

Fun, Fun, FUN!

This game is great, with pick up and play controls, fun puzzles, many collectibles, and its clean. The bad guy, Count Bleck, takes many of his decisions from the Dark Prognosticus, which is practically his bible. The Light Prognosticus is a holy book that guides Merlun, Mario and the gang. Count Bleck also forces Peach to "marry" Bowser, which many parents will think inappropriate, but I don't think so. There is also a few of Count Bleck's minions that use Mind Control, Magic, and Flatulating to stop Mario on his quest for the Pure Hearts.
Teen, 15 years old Written byZeldafan101 November 9, 2009

Witty Funny and passionate

Im 12 and i really loved the game its witty humor and fun characters and alot of suspense too every time you beat a chapter you get a passionate cutscene with two lovers named timpani and blumiere the mysterious yet passionate scenes add on onto the story later in the game Wittyness Humor and sadness the perfect match : )
Teen, 13 years old Written bykyo kun shoma fan November 29, 2008

fun but.....

its a good game but i like the other paper mario games with the partners and towns
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

The Funniest Game I've Ever Played

Teen, 13 years old Written byMajora's wrath May 3, 2016

Fun, if not a bit too complex for 8-year olds.

so basically this website said that the plot was simple, a quest to save a princess. . The plot has basically nothing to do with saving a princess, but saving all worlds from complete and utter destruction by one of the greatest tragic villains in games. Also, the humor is dark compared to the other Mario games, with topics such as suicide. here is the plot in in simplicity. Long ago, there was a book written that was said to see the future. naturally, people sought it, and many wars were fought over it. But no one that read it ever found true happiness. That was because it held dark secrets not meant for human eyes..... Fast forward a few hundred years or so, and a man of the tribe of darkness,who protected the book, fell off a cliff. His name was Blue\miere. Blumiere accidentally falls off a mountain, is knocked into unconsciousness, and is found on the brink of death at the cliff's base by Timpani, who nurses him back to health at her home. When Blumiere awakes, he is shocked to find that a human saved him as he is from the Tribe of Darkness. Timpani dismisses the thought and states that anyone with a heart will save an injured one. The pair soon falls in love and Blumiere attempts to escape from his castle home to see her again. His abusive father, who scolds him for making such an attempt, catches him. He is able to sneak away nonetheless and becomes more and more interested in Timpani, who returns his feelings. Eventually, Blumiere's father finds out what is happening and threatens Timpani, telling her to stay away from the tribe. Timpani is scared for her life and tells Blumiere that they can no longer see each other. Blumiere can't accept this and tells Timpani that they must go somewhere where their love will be accepted and where they can get married. Timpani agrees and the pair makes plans to leave. However, before these plans can be put into effect, Blumiere's father abducts Timpani and uses his dark magic to curse her to wander dimensions until her death. Blumiere is filled with shock and horror when she suddenly goes missing and demands to know where she is. His father reveals what he had done to her and tells Blumiere that it is for the best. Overcome by rage, he vows to seek revenge. He becomes count bleck and vows to destroy all worlds, just as his father destroyed his one true love.......................... And thus, the game begins. I will not tell you more.
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2015

GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game was one of the best Mario games I've ever played, You can get items and make new recipes from the chef Saffron and the other chef Dillis there are different worlds, and two city's called Flippside and floppside, you have a guide named Tippi and another named Merllon There is no swearing or blood, the only violence is when Mario or another hero gets hit and he stomps on enemy's. You can play as Peach, Bowser, Luigi, And Mario,. The end is sad but also really good, the puzzles you need to solve are sometimes hard but nothing insanely hard.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikehotdogs July 2, 2015

Great Game

This game is ok for kids
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2015

Decent Game

This game has classic Mario violence, stomping on enemies, kicking turtle shells at them, burning them with Bowser's fire, and brain washing. No sex at all, though Princess Peach and Mario like each other. Bowser used to be an enemy but now is part of the team. In one part of the game Bowser and peach almost get married. Mario and the team are good role models, they try to save the world from the infamous Count Bleck.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypixargurl August 7, 2014

FLIPPOW!

Super Paper Mario is definitely the black sheep of the Paper Mario series, being more of a platformer than an RPG (which I actually kind of prefer). The controls aren't half bad for an early Wii title, and should be fairly easy to most. One of y favorite gameplay elements is the ability to flip from 2D to 3D to find secrets and solve puzzles. The only note I have for parents (and especially Christian parents) is the tone of the game. Despite its generally happy feel, the story is actually one of the darkest of any Mario game (the other being Thousand Year Door). The game revolves around Mario and Co. in a race against time to stop a dark prophesy that will end all worlds, and the heroes are faced with watching their allies turned against them, and even seeing first-hand the consequences of their failure (as in THE DESTRUCTION OF AN ENTIRE WORLD). But behind all that are some great messages about teamwork and friendship, and not to mention one of the saddest backstories I've ever heard. So, all-in-all, this game is a fun, easy to pick up action platformer, but parents need to be aware of the darker undertone of the story. And with that, all I have left to say is... "DUMPLINGS!" "FLIPPOW!" "L-ATER!" "Ciao"
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2014

As usual, the Mario RPGs don't disappoint.

What do I think about this game? Something that combines "Hotmazing" with "Wowtastic". The graphics, the story, the music, and just plain fun! Violence: a bit more than usual in the Mario series. Nothing too graphic, but near the end, several characters die and/or need treatment. Sex: Bowser and Peach get married at the start of the game, and Timpani and Blumiere get married at the start of the game. Drinking/drugs/smoking: The entire gang consumes mushrooms.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Cool.

Super Paper Mario is awesome, simply awesome! Cool animation, fun to play, levels are epic, etc. This game rocks. Buy it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 10, 2013

This game is crazily super good.

Super Paper Mario is a perfect game. Cool levels, awesome characters, and nice animation. Super Paper Mario gets 5 stars from me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheHungerGames June 26, 2012

Super Paper Mario is Awesome!

OMG! I was so excited when i got this game, and I was not disappointed! I love the main scenario for the game, as well as the mini stories that occur. I love the pixls! They are very helpful! I also love the fact that everyone can talk except Mario, who only gets on his tiptoes and raises his hand! :P The levels, music, and backgrounds are very creative, not to mention the characters and gameplay! Each hero has his or her (Peach) special quality that can be used throughout the game. Mario can flip into 3-D mode, Peach can use a parasol to float or to block damage, Bowser can spew fire (even though he walks pretty slowly), and Luigi can do a super jump. The ending was so emotional and touching for me that i cried! :,( I never realized a Mario game could be so emotional! That aside, I love the game and recommend it for any Mario lover! Let's a-go!
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2011

Really fun game!!!

This is a really fun game! Compared to another Mario title, see Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, it's great! It most of the time has dopey violence like hitting people with hammers, you know, Mario type stuff. All in all, it's a fun game!
Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2011

Excellence in the form of a game

This is a magnificent Super Mario Brothers title...I have played many of the others and this is my favorite. 1) You can't beat it in 2 or 3 days. 2) Princess Peach is finally not a fairytale book rip-off. 3) Some jokes that 6- may not understand (Normally a bit of satire). 4) Role-Models are excellent, and finally. 5) Puzzles that make even 15-year-olds stop and think. To sum it up if you dislike Side-Scrolling games or dislike mario it would be a good rent if you like or are neutral with those its a great buy I've played it 5 times.