Parent reviews for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Poster Image

One of my favorites in the series!

You’re probably wondering: “why is this rated Teen?! It has kid-friendly characters in it!” While this is true, let me explain why this particular game in the franchise is the one game that should be a teen game. Compared to melee, which was also T due to the E10+ rating not being invented until 2005, Brawl has a grittier aesthetic to it. It’s not really a dark enough game to scare off kids, but the story mode is pretty dark in tone. There are some scenes that could reference death (when the characters turn into trophies), but that’s not really necessarily violent. Also, if you simply look at Brawl’s color palette vs the other games, you can tell that Brawl is going for an edgier appeal to reel in the OG smash 64/melee players at the time.

1 person found this helpful.

Best in the franchise

Very satisfying and fun fighter with many familiar Nintendo and third-party characters. The only one I wish wasn't there is Snake, who comes from the mature-rated Metal Gear franchise. Unlocking everything is the most satisfying as you have to unlock every stage, character, and music track. There is also the Kirby-like Subspace Emissary subgame.

Almost on the iffy side

I think that this game is okay but has some iffy stuff on it for example guns but you can block it

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Parent Guide

This game should be rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and up. It only has mild cartoon violence and mild fantasy violence and only a little bit more blood. Games with this content are usually rated E 10+. It also has rude humor because Wario has a fart in face type of super power. The other Super Smash Bros. games I played are rated E 10+. Kids that are ages 10 and up might understand it better than kids that are ages 0-9. PAC-MAN and The Ghostly Adventures and PAC-MAN and The Ghostly Adventures 2 had this content too and it was rated E 10+. It did have rude humor that did not have to do with farts like this game. What I am trying to say is that this game is okay for kids ages 10 and up to play and that it has the wrong rating. It is rated T for Teen by ESRB and Pegi-12 (12+) by Pegi.

Great game

This game is really fun but should be used by kids 10+. Its a bunch of Mario characters who battle each other in battle grounds or islands. Includes mild cartoon violence.

Great game!

This game was great. My 8 year old enjoyed it. I've been very strict on what my children play. They were asking for this game. So I let them rent it and they loved it. Very cartooney. If you can watch Tom & Jerry then you can play this.

HEY!