Parent reviews for Super Smash Bros. Melee

Easy-to-play fighting game is hard to master.

Adult Written byegerfamily June 16, 2009

Long Live Super Smash Brothers!

I love this game. I play it every once and while, but it's definitely worth buying. That doesn't mean anything. The violence is pretty high. Characters can shoot guns, punch, kick, and even hit people with bats, bombs, and numerous other things. It also has a lottery in it, but otherwise I would say it should be changed to E10 or stay the same.
Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymagreen9 August 17, 2014

Great Game, Has No Real Violence Whatsoever.

What Is Wrong With The Esrb? SERIOUSLY T!! Ok, This Game Is Great. The Only REAL Problem I Would Have Is Link. Now He DOES Have A Sword, Bomb's, And A Fist To Fight With, It Never Show's The Sword Going Through You So It's Fine.

Adult Written bymoviewannabe June 26, 2014

I first played this video game when I was six, the violence didn't effect me badly

This is the very first Super Smash Bros. video game to get a T rating. This video game is amazing. It's easy to master and I've been playing this game since it came out.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen March 31, 2012

Super Smash Bros. Melee

I play Super Smash Bros. when I was younger. I was playing Kirby, he is a main character.

Educational Value
Parent of a 13 year old Written byMr. Boxbox April 9, 2008
how on earth can this be T?? this should be e. there is just some really mild and light cartoony violece that even 2 year olds see.
Adult Written byvoiceofreason April 9, 2008

The best multiplayer game ever.

I've been playing this game since it came out in 2001, and I am yet to get bored with it. Because of the huge number of people who play it, the gameplay is always changing and evolving. Given the wide array of characters, items, attacks, and stages, someone will always try something you've never seen or thought of before. I've never understood why it was rated Teen; the main focus is on fighting, but the actual fighting is bloodless and involves knocking your opponent off the stage, rather than damaging him until he dies. If you can hold the controller without taking a break to suck your thumb, then you're old enough to play.
Adult Written by[email protected] April 9, 2008

A fighting game that is extremly popular.

This game has quite a bit of commercialism and fighting but nothing too intense. A lot of kids will be intrested in this highly addictive game.
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008
this game was the first game i got for the gamecube and it never gets old its great!
Adult Written byGTAplaya April 9, 2008

Holy S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is all cartoon who care this game is so not teen!!! Like the bully is teen and super smash bros is not even close to as bad even though im a kid!!!
Adult Written byi love it 14 July 7, 2014

melee!

very fun game but not the best in the series.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 12, 2010

10 and up.

Super Smash Bros Melee is a boring fighting game and is perfect for your young kids but parents expect a lot of non-stop cartoon violence throughout the game.

Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

AWESOME GAME FOR ALL AGES!!!

Once again, CSM is overrating everything. How on earth did this get a teen rating? It is one of my all-time FAVORITE games. Challenging and exciting for ALL ages. I give this game 5 stars and encourage parents to buy this game for their kids if they want their money's worth.
Adult Written byPal101 April 9, 2008

Great game for youngsters

How the heck did this be T it should be E. There is some violence and the in the item food there is wine.
Adult Written byjeffsonya April 9, 2008

great

this is great and clean! definetly worth buying but there is a new one for the wii coming out and it looks super!
Adult Written byseriously April 9, 2008

seriously

this game is really fun. but not something that small children should see or watch because they might copy any of the actions that some characters might do
Adult Written byLousie M. May 18, 2018

Super Smash Bros. Melee Parent Guide

This game should be rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and up. It only has mild cartoon violence and mild fantasy violence and only a little bit more blood. Games with this content are usually rated E 10+. It also has rude humor. The other Super Smash Bros. games I played are rated E 10+. Kids that are ages 10 and up might understand it better than kids that are ages 0-9. PAC-MAN and The Ghostly Adventures and PAC-MAN and The Ghostly Adventures 2 had this content too and it was rated E 10+. It did have rude humor just like this game. What I am trying to say is that this game is okay for kids ages 10 and up to play and that it has the wrong rating. It is rated T for Teen by ESRB and Pegi-12 (12+) by Pegi.