All teen and kid member reviews for Super Smash Bros. Melee

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2010

tips

Alright here are some more tips. First Luigi. On adventure mode end with the third digit as a two. Next Dr. Mario. defeat classic mode with Mario. Pichu's next. defeat event 37#. Mewtwo find a Mew in a pokeball in VS mode. Next Mr.Game&watch defeat classic mode with all characters. And last falco. Defeat 100 man meelee
Kid, 8 years old March 27, 2010

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! and wy is it rated "T"?

I HAVE A GAME CUBE I PLAY THE GAME AND NO BLOOD OR GORE AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! WY IS IT'S RATED "T"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Teen, 13 years old Written byHonestguy777 December 22, 2015

By far the BEST smash bros title

Super Smash Brothers Melee is a fighting game in which you play as popular video game characters from Nintendo(Mario,Link,Etc.) but I would recommend this to kids who are mature enough for fighting games. While there is no blood or gore, there is some action. The violence is very similar to cartoons like Tom and Jerry.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2010

not bad

it is terrible! But awesome!
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2008

One of the more modern SSB games.

This is a game that will suck you in until you get boerd. The SSB series includes SSb1 for the Nintendo 64,SSBM (this one) for Game Cube and SSBB for the Wii. The game is baced on Nintendo charactors just going to fight. By fight I mean punches kicks and unreal powers. No blood,gore, just mild fantacy vilonce and cartoon mischif. good game though. For me, this is a E10+ game.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2015

What is wrong with esrb?

T is what this game got for a esrb but honestly why, sure there is violence but no blood or gore just cartoon like rainbow things. this was the first video gamer to play at the age of 2 or maybe even 1 & a half. Seriously easy to learn mechanics so that's why i gave it a 2 +
Teen, 13 years old Written byd1pent11111 February 19, 2015

Should be rated E.

In my opinion, this game should be rated E or E 10+. I played the N64 edition when I was 6 1/2, and started playing this when I was 7 . The only reason I say 6, is because the controls might be hard. It is violent, but it is not graphic, in the act of violence, or the effect of the violence. It is not the best singleplayer mode, but totally makes up for that in multiplayer.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2014

Ignore the Pathectic "T" Rating!

Ignore the "T" Rating (meant to be sutible for ages 13 and up), it's fun, nothing that can bother kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrewdaddy00 August 7, 2013

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Must-Get!

SSBM is an amazing fighter game for the Gamecube. If you plan on getting this for anyone, please follow through and do it. Ever since I had my Gamecube, this game has been my favorite. I don't understand it's T-rating however. Anyway, it's great for any age, easy to play, and fun for absolutely anyone. However, it does take some time to fully master, and in my opinion, it is the sharpest game in the series!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

All-Star Fighting Game Featuring Nintendo's Best Characters

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a fast paced fighting game featuring Nintendo's greats such as Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and many lesser known characters. Parents, your kids will probably want this game due to characters like Mario and Pikachu being from E rated series your kids like to play. While not as violent as many T rated games, this is still a fighting game which features a number of weapons including swords, laser guns, baseball bats, explosives, and other cartoonish weapons. The game features no blood and the violence looks very cartoonish and not realistic in the slightest. The game is easy to play at first but the difficulty ramps up quickly at higher difficulty levels. Overall, if your kids are alright with some violence, this is a good quality fighting game and less violent than other similar series like Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, or especially Mortal Kombat.
Teen, 13 years old Written byProgamerAtYT July 23, 2016

Best kid game of all time

This was my first game I played it first when I was five I didn't learn the controls I just naturally knew them so controls are easy and on top of that It's my second favorite game of all time (first being Kirby air ride) the violence is non realistic the closest thing to make it even ages 4+ Would be swords but they shouldn't because they aren't gory second I know many people who played cod when they were 4 I don't think a game like this can compare with the violence of that game... And besides the only reason not to like this game would be if you don't own it. Thanks for reading
Teen, 14 years old Written byjackthegamer July 4, 2016

any baby kid teen or adult should play

idk why its rated T but well it should be rated E well if u dont like mortal kombat or stuff with blood dont wory no cuss words or blood
Teen, 14 years old Written byDAz mongoose December 4, 2015

Pure awesome

Gamecube... Gamecube, Gamecube, gamecube... Well, its for gamecube, so yeah, its amazing.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2014

Nintendo's meaning of "Hidden Gem"

This game... This game has to be the best GameCube game and one of the best games of all time. The violence for this game though really can encourage kids 6 and under to swing stuff around, Little kids don't deserve Smash, They're annoying, and a gem like this shouldn't be played by annoying kids! They'll break the GameCube with a hammer if they lose. 6 and under suck at video games!
Teen, 16 years old Written by123jeff456 July 18, 2014

A new level

This game will be played for years! Clearly this game is enjoyable for most ages and it is enterntaining for adults too. After you play the game casualy though, it's up to you if you want to take it to another level. Once you do that, the game has a large amount of depth and the people associated with high level are incredible. Undisputedly a remarkable game when it comes to the test of time.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2014

T? More like E10+!

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles This is an awesome game and the 2nd game in the Super Smash Bros. series. This game was rated T and not E10+ because in 2001, (when SSBM was released,) ESRB had a very strict rating system. So anyways, this game just has some violence, ray guns, light swords, punching, stuff like that. Perfectly fine for 9 year olds if they have supervision. 10 and up don't even need supervision.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2014

7 or 8 Should be Fine

I think this game is definitely fine for 7 and up, depending on how your child is. My sister, for example, I believe began playing this when she was six or seven, and she was fine with it. But if your child most likely wouldn't like to see their familiar characters fighting against each other, you may want to hold off for another year or so.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMatt6452 March 4, 2014

Great game, minimal profanity

This game is really amazing, defined my childhood. No language No sexual themes/nudity No blood Only minor violence
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2013

Earns more of an "E10+" rating...

OK, so I hear there's been some hate about the GCN that was discontinued five years ago. Some say it's Nintendo's worst console. I disagree. Well, I don't think it's the BEST console, either...in my opinion, that's definitely the N64. OK, back to the game. Released in 2001 for the GCN, this game can be played using the GCN controller.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWindindi September 30, 2013

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Ok, THIS is the BEST game I ever played, and yes, Super Smash Bros. Melee is very mind chalenging and fun. Go Mewtwo! By why is it rated "T"? For me, it's an E10+ game.