All teen and kid member reviews for Terraria

Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2013

ITS SO DARN AWESOME!!!

Epic Minecraft-inspired game really shouldn't be rated Teen. It is easy to learn how to play, and quite fun. You can build a house, recruit NPCs, slay monsters, mine for precious ores, craft, and much more. EPIC! MUST BUY THIS GAME!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperSaiyan April 22, 2013

Don't judge by Xbox Port.

Though it may seem it is riding on the wave of Minecraft fame, this is not entirely true. It's completely a new game in itself. As minecraft is mostly about building, Terarria is more focused on adventuring, fighting monsters and collecting all kinds of items and weapons. There are all kind of environments with different kinds of blocks, creatures and items to explore. The combat is fun and simple, and there are many bosses to test your skill. As for the controls, the Xbox 360 edition did not work out well, as the controls were clunky and frustrating, but you really should play the PC version, which controlled smoothly and effortlessly. Overall one of the most imaginative and fun games I have played in a long time.
Kid, 12 years old May 23, 2013

Awesome, creative game with lots of creativity and action.

Gee, I don't even know where to start!. I bought this game 5 months ago from steam during a sale and it has quickly grown on me!.Terraria is like if Super Mario bros. and Minecraft had a kid and decided to throw in hundreds of items!.Parents should note that there is a minimal amount of violence and that there is no way to turn it off. Also that this game contains monster summoning rituals 1 of which involves a living sacrifice. there are eight boss monsters, some of which might be scary for younger players. But all that aside, Terraria is an awesome sandbox style retro-graphic platformer game that has a lot of potential for learning, fun, creation and community Other parent concerns: Violence is mild and blocky. Game contains no sexual content or profanity. Player concerns: Is a little bit slow to learn but once you get the hang of it, you can have a lot of fun!. Occasionally events involving increased number of monsters happen (Blood moon, goblin invasion) Very high amount of player customization On an ending note I think this game is great for kids 8 and older who are tired of the new gory first person shooters that are constantly coming out.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2013

Terraria

My friend has this game, and his 8 year old brother has been playing it since he was six. It is not that bad. It can get a bit creepy, but nothing a 7 year old cannot deal with. Generally a PG in my book. It has online modes, and for that reason i would say that be careful because anything can happen online.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPhoenixfire12003 March 24, 2014
LEARNING

Great sandbox game, possibly better than MineCraft!

Terraria is an amazing 2-D sandbox game. However, I don't believe CSM truly talks about violence enough. There is a heavy amount of Gore, much more than expected. For example: say there was a bunny hopping around; and I killed it, its limbs would fly off, and release blood. Thanks for reading! :)
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2013

Best game EVAR!

This game is just awesome! It's like Minecraft but has over 10x the items!
Teen, 13 years old Written byheavyweaponsguy August 28, 2014

it has some gore

the game is great but is has mild gore and some dialogue is suggestev and some bosses may scare young kids
Kid, 9 years old July 18, 2014
LEARNING

The best game on Earth!!!

It's 2D minecraft world like game but better than minecraft.
Kid, 2 years old June 23, 2014

That one boss...

PLANTERA!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old October 11, 2013

Best. Game. Ever.

Yes, this game may have blood and gore, but so little I didn't even notice it until my third month of playing. Like Minecraft, this game does not have any chat filter for swear words in multiplayer servers, so I would be careful about that. But it does give the user a good opportunity to be creative. Compared to Minecraft, the building/creativity of Terraria isn't as good. However, the amount of items Terraria has is enormous compared to Minecraft- over 1,600 with the recent 1.2 update. There is also a mobile iOS, Android, and more coming soon and console PS3 and Xbox 360 version. Also, in Terraria, the user can be more creative in how they survive, as the user can only go 1 of 3 paths- melee swords, flails, spears, boomerangs, ranged guns, bows or magic magical spells, staffs, ect. Because of this, it makes a very good cooperative experience with friends or family. Me, my brother, and my friend are an example- I am magic, my brother is ranged, and my friend is melee. Also, the game may be a bit boring at first- don't let that fool you. The boring mining, caving, and digging all pays in a rewarding way. With the 1.2 update, there are over 200 mobs, including monsters, NPC people you can buy and sell items with and use to perform tasks, and 12 bosses. The console version, when it has been updated to 1.2, will have 13 bosses. Overall, Terraria makes for a very fun and interesting experience, and I would suggest it. Note that if you want to get Terraria, you need a Steam account.
Kid, 10 years old December 13, 2014

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!

Terraria is a Fun game. You get to fight lots of monsters. There is small squares of blood sometimes. Also The eye of cthulhu and the twins have some blood on them because they are floating eyes. You can also drink ale. I give it 10/10
Teen, 16 years old Written byLoker July 18, 2014

Dig, Fight, Build - Terraria

Terraria is a fun 2D game where you create your own character and explore your world. You can craft items to help you survive, battle, or build. The game is centered on defeating several tough bosses, ranging from somewhat spooky such as the giant mechanical skull, Skeletron Prime, or just silly, like the incredibly large shark/fish Duke Fishron. In order to prepare to fight these bosses, the player must find materials to craft their own gear. They'll go from makeshift wooden armor to the fabled Hallowed Armor, earning and finding weapons on the way. The game has violence in it which most of the time cannot be avoided. Finding some materials and sometimes just surviving means defending yourself against monsters small and large, ranging from floating eyeballs to surprisingly dangerous unicorns. When killed, enemies can splat pixelated blood that isn't very realistic. Most children and almost all teens can handle this. While not supposed to be a learning game, it does have some learning aspects, such as logical thinking. If I want to craft this sword, what items are most likely to make it? Besides that, it's not too inappropriate. The only other thing inappropriate in the game is that the player can craft a keg and brew their own ale and get an effect on their character called "tipsy." Besides this, I'd say it's good for anyone 8 and up.
Kid, 9 years old September 29, 2013

sweet game

great game and no blood no drugs YOUR HEARING THE MASTERS ANSWER
Kid, 8 years old October 19, 2013

Terraria

It has tons of blood,when you kill things its really gory,i have it and thats how i know.Its fine for kids though.you dont even kill humans,you kill TONS of different monsters and animals though.
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2015
LEARNING

Terraria is a great game, but some scary bosses

Terraria is a great game with lot's of creativity and thinking involved. How ever, the bosses are somewhat disturbing. There's the Eye of Cthulu, which is a giant, flying eye with the tendons still attached, the Brain of Cthulu which is a giant brain that flies around, a Wall of Flesh which is, as the name states, a wall of flesh. These are just three of the 20 something bosses. These bosses are necessary to progress in the game and get more fun things (like confetti guns and disco balls!) they are in 8 bit, like old video games, but beautifully modeled and every pixel placed in such a way that they look HORRIFYINGLY REAL AND SCARY!!!! If you think your child could handle this, then this is a great game, but I recommend looking at the pictures of them on Google before you decide.
Kid, 5 years old February 14, 2014

its very fun

its a fun 2d game its like minecraft but in 2d
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2013

A great game. Better than Minecraft!

This game is really good and it has a bit of gore on when you kill a zombie or a demon eye they explode into bones and a little bit of blood is shown but not too much
Teen, 14 years old Written byEnglishPenguin June 14, 2016
LEARNING

Fun pixalated survival game places emphasis on action

Terraria is a wonderful and colorful game, and no, it is not minecraft, or a look-a-like. That is a common misconception about the game, so first I will explain the difference so a new player will not be confused by the stereotyping of this game. Minecraft survival gets boring fast, (for most people at least) Terraria focuses so much more energy on having a unique singleplayer (they have multiplayer) experience. Second, Minecraft is mostly bought for its multiplayer, so sorry everyone who gets annoyed about Terraria for copying Minecrafts block placement system since all your doing is playing hunger games or the likes. Terraria focuses so much on having you hunt for unique items, swords that shoot lighting, magical flowers, and dozens of ores. You could play the game all the way through and not collect half of the items in it. Also as I said before Terraria's main goal is to be an action packed game, this is where the one parental concern with this game comes into play, when enemies are hit the throw of blood pixels, then when killed explode into bloody pixalated chunks, this isn't as bad as it sounds, plus, you can turn it off in options. If you want a fun, action packed game that isn't the newest first person shooter, Terraria is great pick for kids, teens, even adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe_Dirt_Cat March 14, 2016

Great game, but...

This is my favorite game, ever. when I first started playing it, I had no idea what I was doing, but now I'm great at it, but both then and now, was fun. The game is challenging, until you get the best gear, then it's boring, then you enter hardmode and it's challenging again.
Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2016
LEARNING

A good game but a few things you have to know.

First of all it's a great game and they shouldn't have rated the console version teen. The use of alchohol is just ale and wiesanbru and the supposed "alchohol" is just a boost to your stats. It does have minor violence, and if you destroy a creature it's limbs may fly and a small burst of blood erupt. BUT it is a fun and creative game and kids get a good experience. There is safe online gaming too. It is multiplayer. The controls may seem a bit hard and the game boring at the beginning but don't let that fool you. It pays off!