Kid reviews for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Violent fantasy RPG makes players think about their actions.

Teen, 14 years old Written byasherw February 13, 2017

This review is first hand, and honest.

I have had this game for four years. It is very addictive, and never gets old. There is a lot of blood, and decapitation is present. Characters drink ale, and wine, and are sometimes drunk. I have never once in all of my years of playing heard, or seen any sexual themes in this game. Clothes can be removed from dead bodies, but bra, and underwear are always there. One statue for the goddess of beauty has revealed boobs.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySteelVenom1216 February 6, 2017

M? I think not

My 7 year old sis plays this. Hardly any blood. NO languige. No sex

Teen, 17 years old Written byW0PR February 3, 2017

Disappointing re- release of a decent game

First, Skyrim WAS a really good game... in 2011. now it is 2016 and all Bethesda does to justify the expensive re- release of this game is change most of the textures (the 2D parts of the graphics) and add some depth of view. this game is still super fun, but it is also SERIOUSLY flawed, so expect to be making tiny mistakes and having to reload from an earlier save ALL THE TIME. Skyrim special edition is not to much better than the original and still has bad problems and VERY badly put together melee combat (and yes, the entire game is based on that melee combat) that will get you killed countless times. If your child gets angry easily than don't let them play this game. As for the age kids can play Skyrim, 14+ is a conservative rating. If you let your kid play halo or call of duty than don't think twice before letting them play because Skyrim is VERY mild compared to most other M rated games. there is no gore at all, the blood spatter is small, and the takedown/ killshot animations are often so messed up that your avatar does not even touch their target. Verdict: 2-3 years after a kid is allowed to play Minecraft Skyrim will be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYankeeMan2 July 11, 2017

Masterpiece

Oh my. This is purely incredible. It's such a visual masterpiece. Not only that, the game itself is amazing. You can follow the story, or just explore the GIANT world. Really. You don't understand how big this world is. There's so much to do! Don't even hesitate to buy your child this game. Just about any mature child, or any child above the age or 9 or so will absolutely adore this game! Trust me on this one. It's purely incredible.

Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2017

Fine for pre-teens.

It's not really violent, although there might be some curse words.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySJBailey780 January 29, 2018

My favorite video game!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the best video game I've ever played, its the game that made me love video games, you'll never run out of things to do in Skyrim, its defiantly worth playing. The only difference between this and the original Skyrim is this one has better graphics and access to mods (for the first time on consoles) defiantly get this game if you've never played, and if you have play it again its worth it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byPinkRoseChihuahus October 8, 2017

ICONIC! LEGENDARY! AMAZING!

My brother received Skyrim as a gift last year and initially I wasn't interested in it. But then I started playing and I fell in love with it! The second I rampaged at Riverwood and plunged my Iron Sword into Orgnar's chest, I was knew I was where I belonged. I absolutely love the gameplay, it's amazing, there's weapons, magic, bartering, potion-making, smithing and more! You can do so much, you really connect with the game and feel like you're there. The game will glitch on occasion and the graphics aren't masterful but are still breathtaking and capture the rogue and rugged natural beauty of Skyrim's torrential lands. THE! STORYLINE! IS! SO! CLEVER! AND! FUN! The main storyline is fun and a good way to tie you into the game. However, there are so many other storylines which are not only fun but also help develop your character in Skyrim and who you are. I've completed all of the major quest-lines, the Daedric quest-lines and the faction quest-lines in Skyrim and I still can't stop playing, it's so addictive and amazing, I'm in love. The only couple of downsides to Skyrim I can think of are: - You can't marry Serana Volkihar (and I think I speak for most of us Skyrim players when I say that sucks because she's beautiful). - Sometimes when you fast travel (and I don't know if anybody has experienced this) your pets don't travel with you and if you go back to the place you were previously, they won't be there and it's really sad because I miss my doggos. Honestly, I also find Skyrim is really relaxing. To me, there's nothing more relaxing than blasting some Taylor Swift and killing the innocent residents of Ivarstead. "I USED TO BE AN ADVENTURER LIKE YOU, THEN I TOOK AN ARROW IN THE KNEE"! Skyrim generated a meme and we all know how important memes are in today's society. If a videogame is so incredible, it generates a meme, you know that you need it. Quick Serana Volkihar appreciation moment because SERANA IS AMAZING AND SHE DESERVES THE WORLD, THE STARS, THE MOONS, THE SKY, THE SUNS, FLOWERS, DRAGONS, ELDER SCROLLS, SOVNGARDE AND THE MOST EXPENSIVE WINES YOU CAN BUY IN SKYRIM! In conclusion, Skyrim is a beautiful, in-depth game with many layers, intricate detail, unique quest-lines, gorgeous landscapes, great songs such as Tale of the Tongues and Ragnar the Red, multi-dimensional characters, excellent game-play and brilliant graphics.

Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2017

Wow!

Skyrim is a great game I believe that it should be rated 12+ because the violence is limited to small spirts of blood. In Skyrim you can choose to bee a good person or bad you can join a group of assassins or you can help people around the world you can be a blood sucking vampire or a life saving vampire hunter. It is totally up to the player in how you want to play

Teen, 14 years old Written byNedStark51 February 2, 2017

Best Fantasy game I've played!

Skyrim is one of the best open world fantasy games there is. There are epic battles, and the main objective is to stop a vampire lord. The game is rated M by ESRB. It has: BLOOD AND GORE INTENSE VIOLENCE SEXUAL THEMES USE OF ALCOHOL

Teen, 13 years old Written byTaylor_lindsay February 2, 2019

For mature 13+ year olds

A really great game. It does involve violence but it's not that bad, it only has a bit of blood and there is a decapitation at the block at the start but it's nothing a mature 13 year old can't handle. There's no consumerism and no sexual inuendo or references. There is very mild bad language like "b*at*rd" and "b*tch" but it rarely says b*at*rd and it only says b*tch once in the campaign. There is heaps of moral choices but it's not extreme or distressing, its only like giving money to the homeless or choosing between saving two people, also while I'm on talking about moral desicions there is alcohol like wine and mead but the alcohol has no effect on the character and like I said it's fine for 13 year olds who are mature enough to understand that drinking is not good for them and that is can ruin your life. Also there is no drugs whatsoever. Over all I think it's more for 13+ year olds who are mature enough to understand between right and wrong and the impact and influence of their choices. By Taylor, 13yr old

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheamazingbread May 18, 2018

Tame for an m-rated game

Teen, 16 years old Written bychris Matthews May 3, 2018

D and D mixed with GTA

first of all there is heavy violence such as the camera zooming in as you attack someone and blood shoots everywhere, also there are bars/taverns in every town, if thats not enough you do missions such as kill the owner of the taverns competition. There are gruesome rituals and suggested illegal drugs such as skoom. but the game is really fun just not for kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byMOON_ARMAGEDDON February 27, 2018

My favorite game!

I love this game! There are so many things to do, it’s insane! I got this game when I was seven because my parents and I watched my cousin play and they believed that I would be mature enough. There’s some swearing, but not any more than you’ll hear in PG-13 movies or at high/middle school. There’s some drinking but it doesn’t do anything to the character and is completely optional to drink. The only “sexual content” really is getting married. There are a few things said but I don’t think kids will understand and it’s very subtle. I still didn’t hear any of the references anyone said and I’ve played for six years. There’s some violence like beheading and blood but you can easily tell it’s fake. There are also great role models that help you along the way and do good things for people, but there are also bad people who don’t do that good of things. It’s easily overlooked if you think your kid won’t care about those things. I can’t think of anything else in game that would be a worry, but this is an overall great game! I find new things every time I play! It’s easy to role play in if you like that kind of stuff, and it’s really exciting! I love the remake Bethesda made for this and you can even add mods that customize your game! How cool! I love this game and if you like games like this you’ll surely love Skyrim!

Teen, 13 years old Written byClarence C February 8, 2018

All RPG Players MUST Try This

I've been playing Skyrim since it first came out (2011) and have used over 1,000 hours of my time playing this. The ability to replay this is great, I've recently went back to Skyrim after a couple months and am having so much fun so far. Skyrim really immerses you with 100's of readable books that tell you about the gods, past of Skyrim, wars and so much more. Though beware there are some occasional cuss words, but nothing to intense.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolGamer1995 December 9, 2017

It's Awesome!!!

I love this game and have played it for hours. The game has some blood and gore but not to much to handle. It does have positive role models but also has some alcohol use and cussing. Overall great game and I recommend it! (:
Teen, 15 years old Written byShockley15 November 3, 2017

#1 RPG Game Of All Time

I am 15 and my parents recently allowed me to play this game after the looked it up on this website and agreed to let me play it*. In my opinion Skyrim is the best RPG game I have ever played. *Please note I have only played the Xbox-360 version of Skyrim but not the remastered edition .There is a lot of violence and blood but nothing to gruesome. Some creatures may be disturbing for younger children/teens such as the Dragur and the giant frostbite spiders. The sexual themes label should just be ignored, the only thing even remotely related is a book titled "The Lusty Argonian Maid" which can only be obtained through a certain side-story mission. There is minimal use of mild language such as "damn" and the occasional "bastard" but is mostly just used in insults rather than combat swearing. If the rating were up to me this game would most likely be rated "T"
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotatoNate August 29, 2017

it should be fine

you just to tell your child between reality and fantasy and tell them the minute you do something out of this game inappropriate you take it away or punish them

Teen, 14 years old Written bySticks343 June 17, 2017

Amazing Game

Skyrim Is One of the best Games Ive ever played,if not the best. It brings great narrative,a unique upgrading system and has over hundreds of hours worth of game play. Even though this game Is amazing it does have somethings parents may be concerned about although can be avoided. Like drinkning you can drink but nothing is shown it just shows a bottle dissapearing. There Is blood in the game but not a lot when you start off. In the beggining theres barely anything although the more you upgrade your character the more kill animations you will get like decapitating someones head off. Of Course you dont have to Upgrade that but it does make the game more fun and cool. Very little language Worst words are Damn,Hell. Last for sexual stuff theres very little although it is worth mentioning that you could loot female and male charaters and you could loot thier clothes resulting them wearing thier underware,also the sexual references are Very Difficult to find theres probably 1-2 references the whole game so this game is pretty mild with everything. Honestly Everything is avoidable if your worried about this bieng a big part of the game.

Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2017

My Favorite Game!

Honestly, I'm a huge gamer, and Skyrim is my favorite game. It has mild swearing not very often, and it's easy to play. It gives you a tutorial when you start, so after that, your free to do whatever. Skyrim seems like an unlimited game, and it pretty much is! There is a bajillion quest lines, and I haven't even FOUND a quadrillion of them! Honestly, the end of the game is a bit disappointing. I won't spoil, but it's pretty lame. There isn't much blood either. It's pretty much just a splash of red and that's it. The graphics are okay, The game was released in 2011, so not the best, but they're decent. The water is honestly very pretty. I would recommend this game for anyone mature enough. Obviously it's not for a 5 year old, but I started playing Skryim at a young age, and it's not inappropriate at all.