Kid reviews for The Escapists

Cutesy but difficult pixelated take on prison escapes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThegamingPirate August 20, 2015

Very fun game

The escapist is a very fun addicting game. There is some violence however. Inmates can walk up to you and start beating you up which you either stand their, run, or most likely, fight back. This game well make you play for hours trying to figure out how to escape! This game is a must buy!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycb1502723 July 1, 2015

Strategy-like Prison Escape Game

The Escapists is a pixilated prison escape sim set in fictional prisons. You play from a birds-eye perspective, completing tasks for prisoners, getting prison jobs to gain money, and, ultimately, escaping. There is no blood/gore, and no killing (you merely knock NPC's out) however, using weapons (batons, shanks, etc.) can be used to gain the upper hand in combat. The Escapists feels much more like a strategy game than an action title. There are many ways to escape, but each proves to be challenging without ahead-of-time planning. This is a great game for people looking for a RPG/Strategy game, and don't mind a little violence.
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2016

Cute, difficult and very lightly sexual

This is a great game. It was made in 2014 and designed to look retro. The game is difficult. It has weapons that you can craft and use but no visual blood is shown, they just get knocked out. There is light sexual content in The Escapists where some characters say things like "I heard officer soandso ran of with soandso's wife"
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2016

4/5

I give it a 4/5 for cartoon violence and mischievous behavior. However it is a exciting game if it is used well. Also I would not recommend this game for positive role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIbro02 January 1, 2016

Awesome, but challenging

I chose 10 and up because it might be too challenging for younger kids
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2017

One reason

I've played it quite a bit but it can get a little intense when there is a lockdown and your getting the blame and everyone hates you and can beat you up at any time as I found out today as I got killed by everyone

Ease of Play