All teen and kid member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Teen, 13 years old Written byWishMakers February 24, 2013

Darkest Zelda game, for an older audience

Now, this game WAS intended for kids and has the E rating. DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU. This game is incredibly creepy and has many dark attributes that Persona 3 would have. Persona 3 is M-rated, however, they should BOTH be intended for teens. The ESRB was in its infancy when this game was made, and Nintendo went for the depressing story feel. However, this is a fantastic game and one that should not be missed. Violence CAN be an issue, considering you destroy demons, but nothing spectacular. Link, the main character, IS a positive role model to kids and teens because he does things for the good of other people, like destroying a living mask that wants to destroy the world and is MAJORLY creepy. Note: This is why it is for mature audiences. Also, if teens get interested in the BEN creepypasta, they may get scared, I learned from experience. However, if you put all the scariness to kids aside, this game is fantastic and is a masterpiece of the N64/Wii.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykingofburgerz April 27, 2010
The controls are kinda hard but when link transforms he screems with what looks like agony which kind freaks me out...
Teen, 13 years old Written bystorm22 February 16, 2013

Can be disturbing, but a masterpiece

This is an excellent game. However, parts of this game, and the general idea of it, can be disturbing. For example, one character, the "Happy Mask Salesman," at some moments makes a facial expression that scars somebody for life. Also, this game has an extra sense of realism that makes the player see all of the small yet melancholy, or even depressing, occurrences in the lives of all the people in this game. However, the game leaves you with a feeling of hope at the end. This game also helps people learn to think outside of the box and solve puzzles. Many of the "temples" you go to in the game require a lot of thinking to complete. Although the violence in this game is nothing beyond swinging a sword, some parts can be graphic. Any mature child, though, should be able to play this without much of a problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLanmola November 6, 2011

3 days... 72 hours... 4 troubled realms... a boy... one desteny...

OKThatWasAFailedTitle, But yeah. A really worthy sequel to the clasic: Ocarina of time, the so-called "Best game of all time". I recomed that you play it before you atempt to try this one: a lot of stuff returns from the prequel that are not explained in "Majora's mask". Example: In "Ocarina of time" you learn that you can shoot eye switches whith the bow, but in "Majora's" you never learn that, though you need to know it. I guess the game didn't contain that blue/green splat efect when killing enemies, so no violence mark added. Suggestive themes are in the game just like in "Ocarina", and it's a bit creepy: a cursed mask whit dark powers decide to destroy the land of Termina as a revenge for what the "Four guardians" did to him. A forest demon (Skull kid) who once was the "Four guardians" friend before getting thrown aside, discovers this mask and the mask possesses him(Ceepy), whith their forces they summon a demon's moon that draws closer and closer to the world. When the game begins there is three days left till the moon hits the central "Clock tower" and the world gets destroyed!!! (That moon has the CREEPIEST FACE I've EVER seen) And the worst is that all people(or most of them) don't worry about the moon and thinks it's a joke!!! The game made me Cry sooo many times, I played it at the age of 6, horrible end of the world, THE GAME RUNS ON TIME, and OOHH! But it is beautiful!!! Play it for the sake of your life, and for Termina.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCyonnara August 28, 2011

Very enjoyable

Such an amazing game, it is obviously darker and way more complex than Ocarina of Time but the story is so rich and vibrant and there is so much to do. A great game with good themes and awesome temples
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Great Game

Majoras Mask is an amazing game. I knew it wouldn't be able to beat ocarina but is a very worthy sequel. Unfortunately if you don't do side quests you will have a very short experience with this game (but it still has high replay value). Also the huge moon may scare some people but overall its a fine addition to the series.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnvironment January 27, 2016

Beautiful and heartbreaking game...

This game, is incredibly made. Especially since they had a time limit of only one year to create it. Majora's Mask is an amazing adventure, not only because of the fun and frustrating battles, but is an emotional and musical experience. I think the best influence of this game is the fear and sadness of the situation, and this is the only reason for me saying age 12+. Kids may not understand how heartbreaking and depressing a game this is, which would completely ruin it. But it will not leave teenagers depressed either, but it's really cool to understand the meanings and feelings portrayed. This game is epic, gorgeous musically, and awesome in every way.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypixargurl August 7, 2014

Can you handle the wrath of Majora???

Majora's mask is a sequel to the acclaimed N64 game Ocarina of Time. As such, many gameplay elements return, such as the Ocarina, Bow and Arrows, and Hookshot, among other things. The game is timed, taking place within a three-day cycle, and allows you to manipulate and reset time with your Ocarina. Another important gameplay element is masks (hence the title). As link, you must don "transformation masks," giving you different abilities. Due to the game's time limit, the adventure takes thinking and strategy. This game is not for people with patience issues, either, as certain sidequests can take up the entire three-day cycle (meaning if you mess up you have to reset time and START ALL OVER). Although it's rated E for Everyone, the tone of the game is pretty dark, and not for small children. Many of the masks Link wears throughout the game are the remains of troubled souls that died during or before Link's adventure. Several enemies (especially Majora's Mask and Skull Kid) may frighten small children. Obviously, all kids are different, I just know that this game would have scared the popcorn out of me as a kid. Overall, Majora's Mask is a great Action/Strategy game, but definitely be wary of the themes and tone of the game when playing it with your kids.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2014

Fast-Paced Adventure And Classic Zelda Fun Cover Up A Sad, Depressing Plot.

What bothers me beyond belief is that the only listed platform is this is Wii. But that is strongly irrelevant. This game may appear to some as a copy of Ocarina of Time. Nope. Nuh-uh. This is a completely original, new adventure with a complex and intricate story. While this game annihilates physics as we know it, who cares? This is a wonderful game. But one thing is certain: underneath the shell of wacky Zelda antics lies a deep, dark plot. The moon is falling. It's all up to everyone's favorite hero in green to save the day in the world of Termina!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkblaze40 July 28, 2013

This Game......

This Game..... its hard to put into words, its creepy, depressing and makes you lose all hope...... just look up at the sky and seee your nightmares for the next few weeks....this makes the game........ BLOODY BRILLIANT This is by far my favourite Zelda game, I mean when you get it right you get it right, MM nailed the dark and creepy aspects while still keeping the classic Zelda feel, this game is amazing, Twilight Princess try hard to be creep and dark but it was LITERARY very dark (Where are the colours!), thats what I loved about MM, it looks colourful and joyful but its actully creepy and dark while looking childish. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good dark story or is a classic Zelda fan!
Teen, 15 years old Written bywwtoonlinkfan September 26, 2011

Darkest Zelda game

This game is not for kids! It is very dark for a Nintendo game, but has some positive ideals. (Play the game to the end to find out!)
Teen, 16 years old Written byChronoTrigger July 3, 2011

"Hey little village.... 3 days!!! Just 3 days, and I'm comin' down there!"

I remember that I got this game in the mail on a Zelda: Collector's Edition disc when I renewed my Nintendo Power subscription in 3rd grade. My grandma died that night, and I just sat and played this game. It was a creepy world to be in, with the moon falling down, and time going so fast. Reminds me a bit of the time situation in Chrono Trigger. If your kid is sensitive or scared of the end of the world, don't let them play this.
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2010

perfect for all ages

good game. they need to make one were they mix all the games together now that would be fun
Teen, 13 years old Written byjustaguy June 16, 2009

Awesome

I've played this game and it's awesome there are some moments that are a bit freaky but not over the limit, overall it would be an awesome present to give.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2009

i played it for hours

its real fun and u have to play it my friends love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2016

Good Game but Some Creepy Stuff

The game is really cool as you play through it but it's a bit violent and there is a whole graveyard world. The Happy Mask Salesman can scare you off your feet. The fairy girls are too sexy. The Moon's face can scare you if you are really young . Skull Kid turns Link into a Deku Scrub and Majora controlled him so a bit too much magic. Magic Meter is OK though. Once you start playing it's really fun as you talk to villagers and help them to earn stuff.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybondgurl July 26, 2016

amazing.

This is the most clever Zelda game created. Link being thrown into a parallel universe is genius! Also its nice to not have ganon as the antagonist for once.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRepzy June 29, 2016

Good but depressing

This game is great but at times it can kind of be depressing and creepy but nothing really bad.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2015

Really hard puzzles, but worth it

This game is amazing! The graphics are bad, and the main character doesn't talk, but this game is the best! This is the darkest Zelda game, darker then Twilight Princess, but meant for a younger audience.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTyronBash2219 July 18, 2015

Overated Zelda with a stupidly dark plot

Honestly If you have ever watched a top ten zelda games countdown on youtube you would know mm is near the top of most people's list I believe this all due to pure nostalgia. The bosses and dungeons pail in comparison to twilight princess ovarian of time and the windwaker. And the plot is as nowhere near as good or dark as twilight princess story. So a moon the size of half of a small village will strike and end the earth (that would probably only destroy clock town) so play twilight princess , ocarina of time even skyward sword if you want a true zelda masterpiece