All parent member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Adult Written byLegitSmarts June 22, 2011

The best game of all time? You tell me...

I think most of us adult reviewers have grown up with the original version of this game. Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64, has inspired 3d platforming in order to create the newer games today. Though with a remake of an old game, is it possible the mechanics are considered outdated? I for one can play this game over and over again, and still won't be bored. Though, one of my friends who got this game has never experienced the original. She was shocked with the game mechanics, and the stunning 3d environments. Even for a remake, she found this game to be quite impressive, especially with all of this in the palm of her hand! This remake retains its original style, and does so successfully. The protagonist Link, is a good role model aside from solving problems with his blade, arrows, bombs... though he never uses his arsenal of weapons for evil. The environments in this game are all interesting in their own way, along with a very appealing soundtrack to boot. If you have experienced the original already, don't pass this masterpiece up! This is NOT your basic nostalgic Zelda port on the go. Most remastered games have major flaws such as horrible sound, graphic, and storyline interference. Thankfully, this game keeps most things the same to ensure even children can experience our old memories the way we viewed them. You don't need to worry about clunky controls, or stiff camera angles anymore either. To save you time as well, you can now use the touchpad in order to swap between boots, the main reason why the water temple was difficult was due to the constant menu swapping in the past. Also, after you beat the original quest, you can play an even more difficult master quest! This master quest offers more challenge such as, revamped dungeons, double damage, and the maps are mirrored! This will keep you, and your child entertained for quite a long time. I should also mention you can fight previous bosses in a boss challenge mode, which is basically similar to time trials from Mario Kart. Finally, I would also highly recommend this game for kids 10+ like the official rating. Though today, we have 12 year olds playing shooters... so this game could be for some 8 year olds. Hell, most people I know played this game when they were 5. Let me tell you something first though, this is NOT a happy fairytale with a sword wielding boy. Even for 10+, this game does have many dark elements which you SHOULD be aware of. One major example takes place in a dungeon known as, "The Shadow Temple" which has given many players nightmares in the past. This area has disturbing music, and comes with a dark setting loaded with torture devices, some blood, bones, and even guillotines. The enemies in this area can range from basic undead enemies, to decomposing flesh which attacks you with its infinite hands (in the original this enemy had dry blood stains, though the advanced graphics doesn't make this more pleasant). Aside from that segment of the game, one character known as the "Great Fairy", is seen with little to no clothes. It's nothing major, but she also appears in seductive poses while she levitates over Link. Another character known as "Princess Ruto", flirts with Link as a child, and adult. She also appears naked as well, but at least Nintendo has covered her up a bit more in this version. I hope you take all of this into consideration, don't let Nostalgia overtake you to buy "the greatest game of all time", for someone who is 3 years old. Also, don't think that because you've never played the original, you're left out. The main goal of a video-game is to have fun, and this game has been doing that for years, and once again it does not disappoint to deliver the same factor.
Parent Written bybcarri2014 June 12, 2013

Ocarina of Time

Awesome game to play with, but has some really dark themes that could be scary for children during some later parts of the game.
Adult Written byeliram874 June 9, 2014

it is not for kids

too much magic and powers from all kinds. as the sexual material here is the explanation: the "zora's" characters are almost without clothes and one of them is a female character with human form of a body but the head of a fish. this game is not for kids nor adults am talking even when she grows in the game it is the same. I recommend getting other type of game.