All parent member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Adult Written byParentsNeedToKnow November 26, 2013

Great game for kids, but hardcore gamers and hardcore Zelda fans will be unamused.

What can I say about this game? I can go on for hours about how good it is. If you have a child who wants this game, don't hesitate. The only part it gets a little overboard is when - !SPOILERS! - Zelda gets murdered with Dark Magic. Very kid friendly game on the other hand. However, my brother's child also got the game and he's a HUUUGE Zelda fan. He even has custom-made plush Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. What can I say? He said he liked the game until he got to the part where and I quote "amazing part where you play the monstrosity that is the Spirit Flute!" I loved the game and I decided to replay it for myself and I noticed plenty of things. It started from the beginning and then I moved on to the Engineer's Ceremony. That's when I began to notice that Nintendo sure did a mighty fine job of trying to put Zelda and Link in a "romantic" relationship. Link often blushes when Zelda talks and even gasped in her beauty. It continued through out the game and plenty of boss battles were not at all difficult. I was barely trying and I managed to ace them all. Kids won't have very much trouble so teenagers who want harder games will be thrown off. There are some scenes of the game that might be scary, Zelda's Murder, Zelda' Possession and some other moments involving the dead princess can get a little frightening for kids. But none of these bad things will amount to the great Final Boss. If your kids are hardcore or don't like cheesy endings, you'd better make up something to keep them from getting mad at the game. You fight the Final Boss by preforming a duet with Zelda who has now reclaimed her body. Yay for Singing instead of the epic final battle. It's not at all difficult and really it made me roll my eyes, no actually I threw up. It was horrible. I and many other people remember the final battle being an embarrassment to Zelda fans every where. Long story short, this game is great for young kids who are oblivious to high romance. Hardcore gamers and Zelda fans will be driven away from this game.
Parent of a 2, 12, 13, and 15 year old Written bybradytheoneandonly May 8, 2013

Best Game

best soundtracks in zelda acculy EVER!
Adult Written byMr. Lovewell May 12, 2011

Save the world with Link and Zelda!

This is a nice game. I've had it for two years and still play it to this day! The story is perfect, and the fact that the leading female in the game joins you to help save the world is an added bonus. I have seen countless games where Buff, invincible Men wielded huge guns and swords and slew thousands of enemies in a blaze of gunfire or swings. Zelda, the series' lead female character, breaks this mold and fights with you to help out! Use your sword, Boomerang, and other weapons to bring justice to a world threatened by darkness! Are you alone? No. You're some kid with a cool train and a nice girl by your side. Score one for Nintendo. Keep it up, guys.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byjaidely February 3, 2011

9 and up to 20 in ages

i lov it and hate it because there is a little bit of an saftey issue and violent issue. i like it because it has good education andpositive messages it has good role models and its easy to play.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymooselbell January 23, 2010

Great game to use for reward time

My son has really enjoyed playing this game. He received it for Christmas along with the book. It is nice that we can give him 30 minutes of video game time and he can accomplish a task and save. Other games are much more involved and complicated that we can not work them into a reward system. He has really enjoyed the challenge of the tasks in this game.
Adult Written byStarZero January 20, 2010

I found the DS Zelda titles rather disapointing-the stylus is at best, an imperfect tool, and gets worse on a DS that's seen use. Also, the DS titles brag having multiple commands for the map and such, but you can't play without a stylus. In any case, it's good for what it is-but not up to snuff compared with Zelda's comsole titles.