Parent reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Small characters and big plot add up to huge fun.

Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 22, 2010

An awesome Zelda game for any kid old enough to play and appreciate it

One of Nintendo's better handheld Zelda adventures. The game is squeaky clean and awesome. In fact, it may be the best way to introduce Zelda to your young child. If you have a young dude who wants to get in on the Zelda action after watching you play around on Twilight or Wind Waker, give him this as a good intro. It's very easy to play, very fun, has Wind Waker-style characters, and it's just awesome. I enjoyed every minute of the game. No concerns whatsoever.
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 August 18, 2009

SO MUCH FUN!!!

This Zelda is cute and sweet, but also challenging enough for adults. It's probably the shortest Zelda game (at least for me), but it's totally worth the price.

Adult Written bycharm April 9, 2008

awesome game!

This game is a must-have for any Zelda fan. If you've played a Zelda game before, you will easily be able to pick up and play this one. Best of all, it's really fun :)
Parent of a 6, 11, and 16-year-old Written byscrooks April 9, 2008

Good puzzles, fun, nothing obnoxious

I played through this entire game myself, and there's really nothing in it at all to worry about. Yes, there's some "violence", but it's all of the most innocuous, totally non-bloody type. It's basic video game stuff, where you swing your sword (or whatever) and the monster your fighting eventually just disappears when you beat it. I don't find that kind of light fantasy combat troublesome at all. As for the rest of the game, there are many puzzles to figure out, which seems better than your typical no-thinking-required videogame. None of it is terribly hard, but it does require some work and some time, and thus not every kid will likely enjoy it. I, personally, thought it was a lot of fun and it's one of the few video games I've ever completely finished.
Adult Written byveggietalefan April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008

amazing.

w00t another great zelda game. there really is nothing to worry about in this game, unless..nothing. there is nothing that could possibly be considered offensive, or anything. it's an incredible game, and you should go buy it right now.
Adult Written byfroky November 20, 2020

A MASTERPIECE!

this game was the first zelda game i beat as a kid and it should definently be the second best 2d zelda ( the best one is a link between worlds ) and its a bit easy and short for kids but also challenging for adults

Ease of Play