Kid reviews for The Sims 2

Even more realistic, but not for kids and tweens.

Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2010

Perfect for just about anyone!

Alright, what is with Coommonsensemedia's 16+ and older thing!? All that happens in the sex in the game is bleeped out, and that is natural and there is a 1,000,000 things 1,000 time worse.

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written bySmartGuys January 2, 2012

?

The common sense review on this game is awfull. It is incredibly high! There is no point in waiting until your kids are 16 to buy this game. There is some things in the game that could be inappropriate for kids, but most of it isn't bad. It's basically a version of real life, but less complicated. It is in a way educational, because in real life you only have one path you can take. In this game, you can experiment all the diffrent lifestyles and choose the one that you want. Oh, and the bit about how you can buy bars for your homes??? IT'S ONLY JUICE! And anyway, have you ever seen an 8 year old who doesn't know what beer is? It's just a grown-ups drink that they don't go near. In a sentence: I'd say that any 10 year old can play this game safely. The review at the top of this page is ridiculous.

Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2011

Really People?

Ok, I've been playing sims since i was 10. I know the website say 'language' is an issue. But the truth is, they dont even speak english!!! they speak simlish (as me and my friends call it) AND IT IS JUST RANDOM NOISES THAT THEY MAKE! they arent even real words!!! so it you hear them say something, its nothing bad, unless you make it bad. and the game is what YOU diside, so you dont have to go around making out with every sim you see. I don't do that, and I'm a kid. The violence in cartoon violence. if you beat a sim up, they don't have cuts or bruces from the fight. Its just like watching 'Tom and Jerry'. And no, they don't have drinking or smoking in the game. But you can buy a bar, the option if you click on the bar is 'Make Juice' its not wine or beer, its juice. About the sims doing 'WooHoo' little kids wont understand what they are doing becuse they are doing it under the covers. I think kids can play this game because all my friends do. If the kid doesn't know how to 'make out' or 'woohoo' on the game, your safe with giving it to them.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPsych April 9, 2008

My Favorite PC Game Series

I've been playing the Sims since waaay back when it was Sims 1. When Sims 2 came out, I was incredibly psyched. I was not disappointed. The educational oppurtunities in here are so great that it boggles the mind. First, there is Create a Sim (aka CAS) where you design families to your liking. Now, if you play around in Body Shop, you'll find you can design your own clothes, hair, makeup, etc. etc. for your Sims to wear. This is an amazing creative learning experience. Experiment with all sorts of tools in the graphics program you have and you could create beautiful things for your Sims, including dazzling purple eyes, lacy wedding gowns, cool color-streaked hair, and so on and so forth. If this isn't your cup of tea, (It certainly isn't mine. I download from the Exchange.) you can try your hand at architecture with the stunning building tools provided. Make residential or community lots! A four-story mansion or a quaint grocery store? If this still isn't your thing, you may be a genius with the camera. If your computer is fast enough and you are skilled enough, you make make Sim films. (If you know how to work your way around a computer, you could add voices and make funny or thrilling movies.) But if your computer is slow, or you just can't be bothered with trying to work a video camera, you can always try storyteller mode. Two oppurtunities in one: Photography and story-telling skills. Or you could simply learn life skills by playing your favorite Sims through their lives, through jobs and family and aspiration troubles. There are new oppurtunities with each expansion. (Ex. Learn business skills in OfB.) But with life lessons comes some things parents are wary of. Sex? Well, they have to learn some time and if they're not learning it at home yet, they're probably hearing it from more unreliable sources, such as friends at school. I personally can't remember NOT knowing about it, though I didn't know details until I was older. MY parents were responsible and talked to me before I could be influenced by others. Alcohol? Please, unless you're old enough to catch the innuendo, it's just a juice bar to you. Nothing is graphic. A paper cut in real life is twice as graphic as Sim "fights."
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2016
This game is awesome I have been playing the sims since i was 8 years old. I know it has sex but it is optional. The fighting is just cartoon stuff. The grim reaper is just a monster and it sis only a little bit creepy. But this game is fun for 8 years an up.

Ease of Play
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2014

Yikes!

Sex? Vomiting? Ew! Why is this rated 12 and up? Bad bad bad! When your sim dies the Grim Reaper comes. The music starts to play and you realize you sim is dead, and you can only watch. It is so scary. They only thing good about this app is life management skills. But there's stuff like violence, drinking, smoking, crime and if your sim dose not go to the bath room for a period of time, they pee there pants. STAY AWAY!!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbbyReviews June 26, 2010

Perfect for teens-but not childern

I got the sims 2 last year after noticing my sister enjoyed it for several years.Installation is hard,but is well worth it. Definatley not for anyone under 11.I really enjoy the game, but it has long loading in some points-also,it can get pretty scary at some scenes. Over all I think it was worth 20 dollars but not for kids 11 and under.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysky9a9 November 27, 2013

Game

This game is more scary for a 13 year old and grades 8th and up.

Fun!

Personally, i love this game. It is kind of an escape from the real world, which everybody needs from time to time. But be careful when you play, because the game can become very addicting.
Teen, 17 years old Written byteebaby_09 April 9, 2008

i love this game

I love playin da sims alot its not to vilent or nething its jus like u livin in real life wats da big deal jus act like its real well basically it is like it is real its a fun game i love it so much i want to by all the sims games
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 May 2, 2013

A fun game for anyone looking for a easy game!

I am a massive fan of the sims series meaning that I loved this game. It had pretty good graphics and so much to do that I played for hours. While this game is one of the coolest games, that doesn't mean that it does not have anything not for kids. Some punching and Fighting in which super comical. No language because you don't even understand what they are saying. No drugs, or drinking. The main reason for the T rating is the sex. Now this contains some sex, but you don'y ever see the act. You see the sheets moving back and forth and you hear people laughing and screaming, but that's all. Okay for 11 and up. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be PG-13: Crude Sexual Content and Humor.

Very fun but iffy.

See Sims is a very fun game where you control your own little world. You can have an unresponsible family which won't really teach good habits, but if the player raises a good family it will teach you economics, responsibility, and if you're a christian you know that sex is a very good thing in a marriage. It can teach kids good values. Though this game is definatly not for kids under age 12 as this game is a lot more graphic than the 1st sims, but I don't think it's an issue really. You can't really see anything. I'm surprised to see so many little kids play it though! :(
Teen, 13 years old Written byannoying101 April 9, 2008

Why not theyll learn it sooner or later

the sims 2 is awsome i am a sims 2 freak so are my friends to i am 11 going on 12 so my friends we think kids should about the stuff in the game sooner(sex) or later learn it its (the game) awsome you can socailize and stuff its cool
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoccerGal April 9, 2008

Play it!!

As much of you may think this game is not good, and kids shouldn't be playing it, character's can fall in love, sims can be murders. This is all true but, if you honestly think about it. It is educational. This is the perfect thing for a kid that wants to be an interior designer when they grow up. I love designing, and doing that kind of thing. I mean, this game is great if that's all you want to do. You don't have to have the people to make a HUGE house, and design it. That may be a waste of money, but it's ALOT of fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThnYouHotter April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byKelandryOfTortall April 9, 2008

oh get a grip.

I'll admit it's not for anyone under 10. But older than that, not to criticize the way parents teach, but I agree with the last person: Just give em the talk instead of waiting for friends to do it for you. And sims, for the most part, only do what you tell them to, so if you dont like what ur kids sims are doing then its not the game. Not graphic, nudity is bleeped, no sex is shown, and everyone knows what kissing is. The fights are funny- they kinda dissappear in a cloud and come out with a bunch of moaning and groaning- funny. No need to keep kids from playing it. Besides, it's rated T not M, which basically means that most kids 11+ can play. XOXO Kel :)
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byihateixlalot February 25, 2017

this is good for all ages

stop sheltering your kids what even how is stomping on cockroaches and kissing inappropriate for kids? how else do you expect them to learn about the world? don't be stupid. this game is so good.

Teen, 16 years old Written byxSimsx April 4, 2015

Small sex scenes

I have been playing this game for years and my mum lets me watch and play games no matter what the plot its just the sexual content that bothers her. When you WooHoo someone (have sex with them) you never see anything you see sheets moving and love hearts you don't hear noises either. When you have a baby a baby appears you don't see someone giving birth. The only thing about the game is the frustration of paying bills and keeping yourself alive. This game is quite educational as it puts players in real life situations.

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2012

Best game but addicting

Sims 2 is the best game I know! It is very fun and they don't have much of that stuff. Just some kissing( Bigest make out) and they can make babies( You don't see anything! they just get in the covers, you see a few bumps, fireworks, then you see them hugging.). WATCH OUT! the game is very addicting! cheers, LauraBLMN