All teen and kid member reviews for The Sims 3: Late Night

Teen, 16 years old Written byMiniFactsandOpinions January 17, 2014

Sims 3 Late Night Expansion pack healthy for young kids?

I think if your child has a mature mind, then this game is decent... Not suggesting this game for 11 and down. There is no story to this game so it's your kids decision if they make bad choices. There is use of alcohol but it's called "juice" in the game, and drunk isn't in this game it's just called "Sugar rush". Language is not bad as it is in simlish, there is no drugs but some sexual content as for your choice. There is sex in this game but it doesn't show anything bad, just them under the blankets a few giggles and they are back. I swear it is not bad and worth buying, best in the sims 3 franchise. Sims 2 was way worst with its sexual content and they have made it easier with the sims 3. Worth buying 12+ All with my opinion and some of the Sims 3, EA facts.
Teen, 15 years old Written byballetcorbyn May 21, 2011
This game gives a fun spin to what you can make it. If you know wrong from right then you shouldnt have a problem playing this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDominic L October 14, 2011

Perfectly Fine Game for 10 +

I am baffled at how this game has managed to achieve a 67% inappropriate sexual content (correct at the time of writing, subject to change). The closest to sexual content the game comes is a few new locations to 'WooHoo' (the equivalent of sex in the Sims, which entails the two Sims involved rolling around under the bed covers... if an inquisitive, naive younger one were to ask about what they were seeing, it could probably be explained as 'wrestling'). Nightclubs and celebrities are recurrent themes, but there is nothing inappropriate there, contrary to popular belief. EA have worked hard over the years to maintain a healthy, family-friendly image when it comes to the Sims, and they wouldn't throw that away with one game. Honestly - if you want sexual content, have a look at Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony, that game revolves around nightclubs and I think most of the raters who have flagged Late Night as having inappropriate sexual content have confused the two games somewhat. As far as everything else goes, it's just like any other Sims game - no swearing, no violence, nothing objectionable whatsoever. The only reason I wouldn't give it to an under 10 would be the nightclubbing - even though there's nothing inappropriate in the game in that respect, I still personally don't like the thought of introducing that to a young mind.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMorgan4eva13 August 7, 2011

Not very bad at all!

I am a teen girl who is very responsible and not easily impressed upon, and this game is amazing! It teaches teens and kids about, "Real life," while letting them have fun. It sends positive messages and have positive role models, including, but not limited to, firefighters, doctors, police....The sexual aspect is minimal, reduced to blurry, under-cover rumpling and minimal groaning and giggling. Being a teen, I have known others even younger than I not bothered by this and not impressed by it either. It is not bad at all, nor is it sexually explict or "raunchy." I find it teaches you about the responsibilites of it, what with potential parenthood and bills. You cannot drink, except juice, which cannot make you drunk. You may go to clubs and bars, but besides dancing and in some cases naughty socializing, you cannot ask someone to come to your apartment for some fun, but merely become friends or boyfriend or girlfriend. I think the only way this game could be bad is if you focused on doing bad things, as in real life. I think it is sad that this site rated it 16+, becuase the game really isn't that bad and can be rather educational. It is best for twelve and up, and can be for younger if you are very mature. It is a great game!
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Teen Expantion

Best expantion pack for sims 3. They add an option to woohoo in a hot tub which is the only new sexual theme added. You can blow bubbles and drink juice which is simmilar to alcohal. The celberty's are pritty much snobs thaty will be jerks to them untill you impress them. Vampires are added which is cool and also high rises also cool. So yes it is worth buying but only if you are mature.
Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2010

Maturity Scale

When I first popped The Sims 3: Late Night into my hard drive, I wasn't expecting as much of the good stuff. I started playing The Sims when I was 8 years old, and now, with this installment, I love it even more. I feel it has positive messages in it, for reasons that were used as a negative bofore. Matthew Hemming, for example, is a 5 Star Celeberty, and he worked to get there, and he was rewarded by paparazzi and exclusive clubs. The Sexual interactions are the only bad part in my point of view. It depends on your childs maturity level, which you know best.
Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2014

Awesome expansion!

I got Late Night mainly for the town: Bridgeport. Bridgeport is the skyscraper, lit-up-at-night town where apartments are introduced. Food trucks are also introduced with this expansion. I couldn't care less about the clubs and everything. My Sims go into a club once in a while and just dance and everything and then just leave. But, this expansion is not inappropriate! Nightlife? Yeah, but not inappropriate nightlife. There is no drinking in any Sims 3 games, period. Whenever my Sims go to a "bar", they take out a glass of milk. This game introduces the celebrity system and paparazzi and obsessed fans. Overall, this IS a great expansion and I recommend getting it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySwag_ December 4, 2013

Try It yourself

Your probably thinking that a kid doesn't need this game. But there is nothing wrong with the game. First of all, Clubbing and Nightlife is not so bad. Sure there are bars but it's not alcohol. It literally says "Energy Drinks" and you cant get drunk. when a sim drinks, it gets a sugar rush. Clothing in the game is mostly for the vampires. That's why it's so revealing. Vampires will not hunt you down. They have to have your permission to bite you. There is no bad language. They speak Simlish (aka gibberish). Violence in the game is no different then the fighting your kids watch on Disney Channel. This game is really about life. You have a house and you have to pay bills with the job your using. You get promotions for working hard. That's a good influence. If you still don't think your child should have this game, then monitor them while they play it. You can be teaching them what not to do in life other then saying no all the time. Honestly, do think EA would put children in the game if it was impropriate? Don't knock it till you try it. If you don't want to feel that you wasted money, search the Sims 3 "let's plays" on YouTube. consider buying this game for you and your child because you'll have a good time playing it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySwimmingWithTheSims December 8, 2012

Late night: my honest opnion

Ok... Well i had The Sims 3 Late Night since day 1. And including the new town, Bridgeport some kind off New York spin-off. Anyway, it has new woohoo interaction meaning in the elevator. But you know when your children are 12, they'll learn about the the birds and the bees. So they have this new machine called the bubble blower. Again a spin-off of a hookah. For this trait in The Sims "Party-Animal" they have the interaction to dance on the counter top. They have professional bars meaning they can drink look-alike alchol drinks, but can't get drunk. So in my conclusions, Is the sims 3 late night consumrable? well retailed price now should be in the 20's 30's area about 40 but if you REALLY trust your kid with this content, then buy it
Teen, 15 years old Written bytherightinfo July 27, 2012

One of the #1 expansions

The Sims 3 Late Night is a expansion pack to The Sims 3. It lets sims explore nightclubs,dance bars and also lets them to become a vampire! IMO it is one of the best expansion packs avalibale for the sims 3. The main content is the sexual content and violence The new sexual theme added to the game is that sims can now "WooHoo" in an elevator and a hot tub. There really isn't that much violence added except that you can watch a vampire bitting a sim. You can also drink at the bar but don't get drunk. If you are under 12 ask for permision and enjoy!
Teen, 14 years old Written bym.rs July 8, 2012

12 and up

very good expension pack
Kid, 9 years old July 6, 2012

LATE NIGHT, VAMPIRES

Hi, I'm rating this with only violence because don't get this. This is the one that'll let you make vampires.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2012

A disapointement

I have this game, and to be honest, I simply ignore all sexual content. I fully understand the dangers of getting drunk and not being responsible. Keep away from your younger children. Buy your kids Sims3 Pets, or Generations. These expansions are fun and not inapropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeuphemia11 February 5, 2012

Fine for anyone who's taken a basic health class

Ok- there are some references to sex and drinking. However, it's far less explicit than most of the things teenagers are exposed to and as long as the child has taken a basic health class, they will be able to handle the content. As far as the drinking goes, there are no drinks specifically referred to as alcohol, and there is no way for the sim to get drunk. There is no smoking or drugs in the game, and there is no swearing because the sims speak "simish". The only other mild issue is violence- it is possible for the sims to die and get in fights. If you know your child can't handle the things listed, I would recommend not getting this one.
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2012

Great!

Excellent, made my game 10 times better! You get to make clubs and bars and you get celebs too! It's wicked!
Teen, 13 years old Written byarofun July 2, 2011

12 and over is fine and has positive messages

It does have a small inappropriate feeling but for 12 and over its fine for kids to play. It can teach life and have positive messages. I think the rating is ridiculous as it should have 12 in the yellow mark!
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2011

THE BEST!

THIS IS THE BEST! I LUV SIMS 3! AND THIS GAME SHOULD BE RATED 5 OUT OF 5. WHO EVER DIDN'T IS VERY STUPID. THIS HELPS WITH CIVILIZATION LIKE WHEN YOUR GROWN UP, SO IT WILL HELP YOU WHEN YOU START YOU REAL CAREER WHEN YOU GROW UP! SO ITS GOOD FOR TEENS. LIKE MAYBE 12 AND UP. TRUST ME THEY CAN HANDLE IT. SOME OF THEM CAN'T.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytb10997 April 28, 2011
I got this game a few weeks ago and boy do I love it! It is a great addition to my collection (yet to but Outodoor Stuff) There are good and bad role models, like some celebirties in real life (adds celerberties) Anmd finnally a new town with dance clubs and bars, and no, you can't get drunk. I do think the rating that is given is way off, it is not very sexual or any expliced things like that, unless you have mods...
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2011

Its good for 10+ if you are mature and responsible, not dirty minded, if you aren't, it's 16+

I really like it and the reveiws its gotten, i really hope to get it soon and I think the Sims games help me in a way. I have to buy them myself so it shows me the value of money and which stores have better prices. and in Sims 3 you don;t have unlimited money unless you cheat (same as real life)
Teen, 16 years old Written byimjustwondering March 27, 2011

good for tween teens adults but not for tykes

its good for any one 12+ in my opinion because its nothing wrong with except that you got alcohol beverages or appears to be and the fact if you are a vampire you can raid hospitals and supremarkets( which is teaching to steal) and the fact that you might get mugged on the subway( which tells kids you need to be careful when you one the subway) and for females that you can change the size of your cleavage to any size from flat to huge other than that its fun you have dance clubs disco clubs and its not like they doing dirty dancing and can't say its sexual because they show no nudity not even when they in the shower or the tub so yea this games ok for ages 11+