Parent reviews for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Poster Image

Attention parents! Common Sense over reacts once again!

This game is fine. Not 18+ AT ALL. You know how movies automatically bump up the rating to R if there is 2 or more uses of f--k? Same here. Some operators (characters) might drop an f-bomb, very rarely, but that's as innappropriate as this game gets. This game promotes strategy, teamwork, and puzzle-solving skills. Yes there are guns, and yes, there is blood, but it is VERY VERY mild and looks super fake. This game breaks the mold, using firearms as tools rather than weapons. It has a high focus on tactics and espionnage, rather than military. If your child plays games like Warface or Call of Duty, then there is no issue with R6S. Don't be put off by the artwork on the box, it's truly a masterpiece of a game. I was worried at first, because my child (15M), wanted to play this, and the big scary M label was something for me to notice right of way. BUT! I did what any sensible parent would do, and look at honest gameplay on Youtube. Nothing alarming about this game whatsoever! If you, like me, are a parent who doesn't want their kid exposed to gun violence like COD or Battlefield, then don't worry about this game. Guns are a minor detail in it. Sidenote for any parents with LGBT kids, this game is great for them too, as many positive and strong depictions of LGBT people are present here. Flores, an operator, is gay, and there is also a trans (mtf) operator (I forgot her name).

3 people found this helpful.

Its a pretty fun one

Basically in this game, it's a 5v5 multiplayer co-op game, where you basically stop a bomb from being planted or you defend the bomb. The gore is minor, giving pretty little blood. The characters don't say much when playing, giving very little room for swearing. In the game, you dont see any nudity or drugs whatsoever. I believe the average kid can handle this game.

Great game

Its an amazing game with hardly any sensitive content within it and is a strategic 5v5 shooter which is played with operators from all other the world.

Great game for 12+

My son (12 years old)asked for this game so I did some research in it and i said ok I will let you play whilst I watch you for a bit. So I did and the TWO things I learnt from that is firstly violence is not to bad it is just a bit for blood and a bit of screaming when an enemy dies. The second bit is swearing I only heard s**t but that happend only once of a week watching him playing it ONLY ONCE apparently that there is a f**k but I haven’t heard it and I haven’t heard it when I was near his room he says “there are some characters which swear more and I was playing one of them for the whole week” If you let your child play if you think they are mature or 12+ you should get it for them it is a great game my son says and you also battle terrorists so it’s sort of “hero’s”

Fun but repetitive gameplay

I want to give it five stars, but it just doesn't deserve it. The gameplay is too repetitive, and there's just not enough content to keep it fun. With that said, the PvP is pretty fun, with tons of characters to play and lots of maps to choose from. It's not that violent, and most of the swearing is in different languages. Altogether Rainbow Six Siege is a good game with some repetitive aspects. It is probably only worth it on sale.

Connection

This game is ok tho it’s bad that it does nothing against those who lower their rank and all just to kill people who are weaker then them but the main point of this is the game itself doesn’t connect to the wifi I tested multiple times for wifi connection on my system and it was all perfect but the game it self keeps sky rocketing in the ping(connection) and kicks me out and it’s stupid

Amazing Team vs. Team-Based Shooter

Would only recommend to 14+ due to violence and profanity. It has comparable amounts of violence to any mainstream superhero movie you will see in the theaters nowadays and children hear excessive profanity in all realms of schooling nowadays. However I would still want to make sure my child were at a good maturity before allowing them to play.

Ok Game for younger kids if you sit and watch them anytime there on it.

Seeing all of these ratings age 10+ disgust's me. If you're sitting beside them making sure they keep everything muted. Yes the game is pretty much just gunshot wounds to the head if that's okay for your 10 year old to watch. But people don't play FPS games by themselves. The whole point your kid will want to play this game is online, which is complete strangers with microphones who can say what they want. Your kid will be constantly bullied for not responding to them but that's okay if you are there to make sure he doesn't turn chat on so he doesn't hear it. FPS games (first person shooters) are mostly 18+ for a reason. When someone bullies your kid at school and he comes home crying do you just tell him it was probably your fault get over it? The kids that bully your child online will never hear anything from it and will do it again to any player not playing how they want. When your an adult it doesn't bother you. If you care about your kid being bullied in school but let them play this without your supervision you shouldn't of had kids. Great game but not for young kids unless your telling them to play with no sound. Not to mention half of the game is trying to blow up swat teams as a terrorist.

Once again cms is wrong

This is a great game full of both toxic and wholesome people don’t not do this game because you think it is inappropriate for your 12 yr old they should be fine with the language and the violence isn’t that bad

Great game! just a few things to know...

i think r6s is a great and fun game that teaches you how to communicate with your team to get the best out of the game. the violence is there and noticeable there is never any gore (except in some cutscenes which are skippable for example the cutscene for Kapcan one of the r6 operators is kinda disturbing with the main character talking while behind a mostly blinded glass window some of the bad guys are walking only to be exploded in a shower of blood on the glass but like i said these are skippable) in terms of bad language there is some mild language in game including one f-bomb from thermite and you will hear swearing from other people online but if you are with your kid/turn off voice chat when you are not with them it will be ok... as long as you think your child/teen can handle the mild violence/language then it will be ok. one last thing in the outback map you can find a sign of a stripper pole with an arrow. although even if you follow the arrow you never see anything. thats it from me sorry it was long but i just thought you all aught to know.