All parent member reviews for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Parent Written byFatherofThreeSons September 13, 2013

Disappointing language

First you should know that I am a HUGE Splinter Cell fan. I absolutely loved 1-3 and enjoyed 4. Second, you should know that I find profanity offensive. Some argue its contradictory to find language offensive and not be offended by the snapping of an enemies neck. I have my reasons but to put it simply - the violence is fake. Profanity is profanity - there is no difference between hearing it in "real life" and in a game. When I heard Conviction was overflowing with the use of the f-word, I did not buy it. When I heard the language was toned down for this title, I was excited - I thought I'd be able to play Splinter Cell again. I never played conviction - so based on what I've heard, I'm sure Blacklist is a notch down. However, the language is still excessive. I heard the f-word twice in the opening cutscene, 3-4 times in the first full mission, another couple times between missions, and another couple times a short way into the 2nd full mission. That's where I stopped. It's about all I could take. I hope that some that have similar feelings will find this review helpful and save your money. That said - the gameplay (what I got to see) was top-notch. I decided to play a little more. So far the language after the 2nd mission is significantly less. I'll continue to play and update this post after I finish the game.
Parent Written bycrazygamer August 22, 2013

Splinter Cell Blacklist Review

I think this game is a great game with some language that may pop up twice or three times in the game. There is some violence that contains a lot of blood but it isn't like any other Splinter Cell game where you can choose good or bad sides to slit throats but you can interrogate terrorists that try to kill you which can be considered brutal. So there is a slight positive message from Sam Fisher that shows you that he interrogates only in self defense. Children should know that violence in the real world is wrong and they should only protect themselves from getting hurt and that they shouldn't cause any violent acts. This game is pretty good for mature teenagers around 14-15 years and up.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDave 15 June 4, 2014

LEARNING

Ok

My kid has never said language at school or home and not like other kids,he is responsible enough,there isn't actually a lot of blood and gore,only happens when killing someone,and my kid is responsible,so its only one type of action that causes gore,so,im picky about tv shows and movies that my son watches and M-Rated games,i let him play the Call of Duty series as long as he doesn't play Zombie Mode,Im not saying all M-Rated games are ok but Splinter Cell Blacklist is ok for 12 years and up,this was the first M-Game I let my kid play,so i suggest this game for kids,If you are a parent get the game for your kid.
Parent Written byNick9 August 18, 2014

LEARNING

Splinter Cell Blacklist

It Is Alright I played it my self before Leting my 11 year old play it it is violent but nothing like disinmemberment it has a few swear's but genrally it is ok
Adult Written bySlaidlaw August 21, 2013

Best stealth/assault game of 2013

This game is a 4 star game. I love it. But there's a lot of language in it. I recommend this game for 14 and up.
Parent Written byaweasomeparent123 December 11, 2013

Great game play it how you want!

This game is not pure violence. You can beat the entire game without killing a single person. The character Sam Fisher also isn't killing people just for the fun of it he is protecting the US and his daughter.
Adult Written byJester™ October 31, 2013

Stealth Action Game can be Played Non-Lethally

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is truly amazing in the way that it presents player-choice. Similarly to Dishonored, you can complete the entire game as Sam Fisher without killing anyone. The game even allows you to progress through the entire game unseen without ever laying a finger on an enemy (cutscenes excluded). Of course there are lethal options and in such instances there is blood spray from wounds and splatter on walls and floors. But the game is never overtly-gory. There is no dismemberment or viscera. Personally, i recommend playing it stealthily and non-lethally for the most tense, enjoyable experience.The profanity has also been reduced drastically from cutscenes (enemies still cuss a lot) as opposed to Conviction. Even the story and characters are fleshed-out and, while a little cliched in parts, entertaining. Overall, Splinter Cell: Blacklist is definitely one of the best titles to come out this year. Jester's Rating: 10/10 (*NOTE* The Australian classification for Splinter Cell: Blacklist is MA15+ for Strong Violence.)