All teen and kid member reviews for Tomb Raider

Teen, 13 years old Written byCJ69 March 8, 2013

Sick

Great game. Croft is boss. Good for kids 12-13. Lara Croft is on a desert island full of evil dudes who are part of a cult and she needs to find her way back home. There is little violence and blood and language.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJester™ April 9, 2013

Excellent Reboot contains Graphic Violence and Strong Language

The 2013 reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise is an excellent story-driven game. The combat is intense, portraying gritty realism in a lot of kills, e.g. blasting an enemy with a shotgun causes an explosion of blood to blossom from the point of impact whereas a shot from a pistol or arrow draws less, although still significant, blood. Language isn't an issue in the early game, but becomes more frequent and foul later on. Any review which claims there is little blood/violence or language is clearly coming from someone desensitized to such things, for Tomb Raider is certainly full of bloody (never gory [there is gore in the game, but not in combat sequences]) combat and foul language. The story is outstanding and portrays Lara as a strong yet human protagonist . Unlike many games where the protagonist gets grievously wounded and just shrugs it off, Lara has to mend her wounds on multiple occasions and in some chapters gameplay is affected (not in a bad way) by her suffering such wounds are causing, limiting her ability to climb or dodge. Tomb Raider is a fantastic reboot for the series, but the bloody violence and language could definitely be toned down. A must play for Tomb Raider and Uncharted fans, as well as anyone who enjoys an outstanding adventure game. (*NOTE* the Australian (OFLC) classification for Tomb Raider is MA15+ for Strong Violence) Jester's Rating 9.5/10
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2013

WOW TOMB RAIDER HAS ACTUALLY IMPRESSED!!!

TOMB RAIDER is better than earlier franchise, the reboot is way better than read dead redemption. EXCELLENT storyline, great action and very fun but easy puzzles. Although EXTREMELY VIOLENT and they mainly say S**t but good for mature kids
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2013

Violent but still Great!

Tomb Raider is great but it is brutally violent ( at times ), some swearing, and Lara's skimpy outfit. If you are 9-13, mute your Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. You'll LOVE it!!
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2013

Really Amazing

Really amazing game, I recommend for mature tweens. I played this and I was fine with it. Some intense scenes though. Like one of the first things that happens is Lara falls and impales herself with a small spike. The slow motion of this is disturbing because you can tell whats going to happen. Also the death scenes are extremely gruesome. Not too much swearing but a fair bit. Lara is also a really good role model and has had a big effect on how I portray things. Like I don't worry about small cuts anymore, I just quickly get some antibacterial cream on it, then a bandaid. She also puts in a couple of good quotes here and there. Such as "A famous explorer once said: extrodinary is not in who we are, but what we do" Thanks!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySeusslol March 29, 2013

TR Reboot

Great game. Must get!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2015

Great Story lots of violence

The story is an epic long one but there are many cutscenes ( that you can skip). There is that f--k or s--t every once in a while but at least there isn't a c--t or n----r anywhere. Lara Croft is a wannabe adventurer, when adventure found her when her ship split in half she was wrecked on an island and forced to survive. She never wanted to kill anyone but she had to, to stay alive. You also help friends on your adventure. The multiplayer can put you in a match where people on the mic could swear but you can mute them. Great game a little too many cutscenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygigapins June 26, 2013

Great reboot for an ageing series

Tomb Raider gives Lara Croft a shiny new start after several bad games (and a couple of good ones) and sets her up as a current-gen hero. The gameplay is solid, the story a bit weird but has pretty cool supernatural elements. Character development not as good as it could have been considering people other than Lara get minimal screen time. The only problem I had with this is it's lack of puzzling sections. Tomb Raider was always about spending hours figuring out how to advance the game. There's very little actual tomb raiding in this game, and those are optional. Considering Lara is a fresh graduate and her main purpose is survival, but I hope that's something that returns in future instalments. There is some pretty graphic violence, and Lara dies in several (graphic) ways, getting crushed, impaled, choked shot by 10 arrows at once and a lot of others. There is also a bit of language, though not that much considering you spend a lot of time alone. Overall, this should be fine for more mature 12 year olds.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJarHed June 2, 2013

Amazing

This game is one of my favourites ever. I strongly recommend getting this game!
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2013
LEARNING

Lara croft is a great role model but this game is bloody

A very excellent game but the best part is Lara wants adventure and she is like an adult and follows her dreams. But the game is very violent . And has lots of strong language
Teen, 14 years old Written byDetailed Kid Reviews March 18, 2016

CSM Grants Yet Another 18+ Rating. What, Are You Surprised?

If you couldn't tell by the title, I am a bit fed up with CSM's tendency to give M rated games an 18+ when they don't deserve it. So I will set things straight with my Tomb Raider review. I hope you guys enjoy! First off, the game does NOT deserve a 2/5 for sex, or even a 1/5 for that matter. I don't think CSM got the memo that Square Enix stripped Lara of her sexulization in order to make her a stronger female character. Her outfit isn't revealing. The only real time when I could see where CSM was coming from was in the intro video, where you get a top-down perspective of Lara falling into the sea. In that ONE moment, you can see straight down her top, but come on. If you don't want your child to see a girl in a tank top and long pants, then why are you considering letting him play an M rated game? Strong language is present, but it is extremely far and few between. I think I counted only about 13 f***s in my six hour play through. I wouldn't consider this a deal breaker for anyone. The violence, while not the worst, is still pretty bloody, so parents should take caution. When Lara shoots enemies, blood spurts out of their bodies, and when she melees, there is more blood. There is also a lot of impaling. You will find Lara's neck/stomach stabbed through by a spear or spike. I would say that this is the biggest concern. Overall, with FPS violence, melee, and impaling, this game is pretty darn violent. However, it isn't one of the MOST violent games that I have played, so I am recommending it to a slightly younger audience, 14+. However, if your child has played violent games before and is used to that sort of thing, 13+ is the way to go. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Please let me know with one of the choices at the bottom.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 7, 2015

GREAT!!!!

M rated reboot of T rated series wot da f@@k.This game should be also rated T.It is ok for any one 12 or up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byanimeotaku7 August 1, 2014

amazing game

very violent and some strong language (not that often). There is no sexual content in this game and ot teaches you how to use your environment to your advantage. great game for mature 12 year olds and above
Teen, 13 years old Written byHal F May 28, 2016

Amazing Game!

The 2013 game "Tomb Raider" is a great game with an entertaining storyline, great graphics, positive messages, and a great feminine role model for younger audiences. In Tomb Raider, you play as young Lara Croft, just out of college, wanting to make her mark on the world. When worst comes to worst, you and a few surviving crew members from the ship the "Endurance" struggle to survive on an island in the Dragon's Triangle inhabited by an insane cult. There is some blood and gore, but it is minimal and not too bad. No sexual content or stuff like that. There is some profanity, such as f**k and s**t, but it is also not too bad. This is a great game and is well worth the price tag. I hope this helps all considering purchasing this game.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycsmreviewer101 April 21, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byyoulouzer26 January 2, 2016

Fun and not too bad

Tomb raider consists of enemies being killed and blood spewing out of them and when Lara dies it can be in a violent way. Lara is a positive role model, and the main problem is swearing since there is plenty of it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycoolkid11s February 10, 2015

NOT FOR KIDs

Hi im 15 years old and im still not allowed to play this game, it has very strong language and it is a bad influence on teenagers, parents should think twice before buying this game for some 8 year old
Teen, 14 years old Written byconnor mann March 24, 2014

The best game ever made

Tomb Raider has great graphics that will make you just look around in awe, great gameplay, puzzle solving, exploration, powerful and emotional storytelling. The game earns it's "M" rating, along with it's 44 E3 awards. (Like Oscars for video games) The violence, I think, increases the emotional impact of the game, but violence is violence. Know your kid, but I think most young teens should be able to handle it.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2013

Dantheman1

This game is not all about violence it is about strategy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxEvie July 15, 2016

Amazing Game

Okay, let me clear this up. I'm a thirteen year old girl, and I absolutely loved this game. For starters, this is the first reboot of the Lara Croft series that initially began in 1996. The graphics are beautiful and the main character is very well crafted. I first played this game as a gift from my dad on my 12th birthday. Mind you, I had not heard of the games, and because I had no internet, I tried it immediately (heh). The game starts out with a shipwreck and progresses from there. There is a bit of swearing, but, let's be honest. Kids these days are being exposed to cussing and swears even at school. This is honestly nothing new. Aside from swearing, there is some violence. However, Lara has to kill those who are against her and hunting her down. The game is well designed and amazing. 10/10.