All parent member reviews for Toontown Online

Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bymmb74 November 11, 2008

Too Addictive

My son hasn't been the same since he started playing this game it is addictive and there are bullies on there. I wish i wouldn't have let him buy the year subscription I am canceling and pray we get our money back.
Adult Written bysonnygallen June 11, 2009
Adult Written byoiv25409 March 17, 2011

Toontown is perfectly fun for all ages!

This game is perfect for all ages! It is fun, entertaining and very easy to play. In general, there is no excessive violence, innapropriate sexual content or language in the game. Some of the Cogs may scare very young children, but overall, it is supposed to be funny. The only drawback I have about this game is that it can get very addictive. All in all, I would highly recommend this game to everyone!
Adult Written byzachemc2 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 17 year old Written byJacobS 1 February 23, 2015

toontown closed why

DISNEY BRING BACK TOONTOWN OR ELSE I WILL FILE A LAWSUIT ON JUNE 6 2016 AND SUE TO GET THE RIGHTS TO TOONTOWN AND TOONTOWN .COM
Adult Written byEpiccccc October 7, 2014

This game is disgusting.

All about sex, so much violence.
Parent Written byScammy15 November 14, 2013

-=CLOSED=-

Toontown closed on September 19, 2013. Played for 5 years :)
Parent Written byTomBarrister May 11, 2012

The game has gone way downhill.

At one time (perhaps up to 2008), the game was reasonably good. I don't recommend the game anymore, and especially not for kids. Most of the subscribers are angry adults or rude teens. There are a lot of bullies, there is a lot of hacking, and there is a lot of elitism in the game. It's not a healthy environment for kids. On top of that, the game is full of "bugs"/"glitches" that hamper game play, lag is bad on busy servers (districts), and players get disconnected frequently, often in the middle of a long game or task. It's just not worth it anymore.
Parent Written byIamaMom April 16, 2012

adults play too - excellent game

Toontown can certainly be addictive. I should know, as an adult who plays way too much. I think it is important for parents to realize there are many adults who play. Most of the adult players I have met started playing with their children, and then discovered, as I did, that the game contains sufficient depth and strategy to be interesting for players of all ages. Fortunately, the adult players I have met appear to have the best interests of the children at heart, and work to keep this a child friendly game. With that said, there is always the potential for a child to be approached by an adult with criminal intent. For this reason, it might be a good idea to not permit your child to have open chat (they can be limited to the speed chat). However, open chat is almost necessary when/if they reach the higher levels of the game, as many players will not invite chatless toons into battle groups. I eventually "caved" and gave my daughter chat, with clear instructions (I hope) on safe chat vs. unsafe. Other comments -- she learned a lot of math early on (number of points to defeat a cog), and her typing skills improved once she got chat. I was initially taken aback by the cartoon violence, and somewhat concerned about its psychological effects. But ... the enemy is always a robot. Does it really harm a child to see a piano dropped on a robot? You have to decide that for yourself. I rated this for 7+ because of the violence and chat issues, but my daughter started much younger. I like the cooperative aspect of the game. Occasionally there are toons or groups (bored teens?) that will attempt to sabotage other players, but almost all toons, kids and adults, are in the game to have fun and work together. All in all, it's a fun game, but you may want to watch that it doesn't take over your child's (or your own, lol) life!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byjaidin July 23, 2010
i think it is cool
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJenny23100 July 5, 2010

Good for children to even adults

love thats about it
Parent of a 17 year old Written byyellow twinkey May 14, 2010
Parent of a 9 year old Written byROSALIN May 8, 2010

rosalinda

lo8
Adult Written byll30yellow March 9, 2009

amazing game!!!

It's an extremely fun game but it can be annoying at times. If you don't complete your toontask when you beat the cog you need to beat but you don't recover the needed item, it can be really frustrating. It takes a long time to get to an amount of laff points above 55. It took me 2 months of playing about an hour a day to get above 40 laff points. Cogs are fun to beat but the gags you beat them with are hard to get. Going inside cog HQs and cog buildings are very fun and a bit of a challenge.
Adult Written byMKnance February 25, 2009

I played! I loved!

I played toontown online it's really cool everyone should play it even adults it keeps your minds off of bad situations and drama you can take all that frustration you have out on them robot cogs it's fun for the whole family I love it I am sure you all will love it you should play it you might run into me my name on it is Mr Brown Mouse you will find me around but everyone should play it it's fun for the whole family I give it a 17/17
Parent of a 5 and 11 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Fun but also with some issues

My son and I wrote this review together. I pointed out that toons cooperate with each other, but he also mentioned to me about toons being rude or mean online. He has had a lot of fun learning toontown strategies and there is a lot to do in this game. Also, there is not a lot of violence. However, we have had some problems with some of the rude behavior from toon town spilling into our family life, which has been a negative part. A pretty fun online game that kids get hooked on!!! Over all it has brought our family more fun than trouble.
Adult Written bykj2435 April 9, 2008

NO THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

8 7 9 5 6 THIS IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE
Educator Written bymaddox121 February 12, 2016

Never exprienced but age-appropiate

I played TTR the remake, because it's discontinued The moderation is good, toons battle cogs, but its the main storyline, Dating parties are uncommon, the language is only filtered by a dictionary of words, newer games by Disney like Club Penguin, you can even say the F-Word in club penguin and not get banned.
Adult Written byguilherme326 October 17, 2015

e legal

Adult Written byglue1 January 31, 2015

Very Good Game

Very good game when you are really young and personally, I think this is the first MMORPG kids should play. Also, there is a remake of this game.