All parent member reviews for Toontown Online

Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bymmb74 November 11, 2008

Too Addictive

My son hasn't been the same since he started playing this game it is addictive and there are bullies on there. I wish i wouldn't have let him buy the year subscription I am canceling and pray we get our money back.
Adult Written byzachemc2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byoiv25409 March 17, 2011

Toontown is perfectly fun for all ages!

This game is perfect for all ages! It is fun, entertaining and very easy to play. In general, there is no excessive violence, innapropriate sexual content or language in the game. Some of the Cogs may scare very young children, but overall, it is supposed to be funny. The only drawback I have about this game is that it can get very addictive. All in all, I would highly recommend this game to everyone!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byjaidin July 23, 2010

i think it is cool
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJenny23100 July 5, 2010

Good for children to even adults

love thats about it
Parent of a 17 year old Written byyellow twinkey May 14, 2010
Parent of a 9 year old Written byROSALIN May 8, 2010

rosalinda

lo8
Parent Written byScammy15 November 14, 2013

-=CLOSED=-

Toontown closed on September 19, 2013. Played for 5 years :)
Adult Written byKingBoo September 12, 2013

Addictive in a bad way, can't play for short intervals - forget about it

My son became way too entranced with this game and became way too involved with his "friends" (unknown players). It was addictive and impossible to play at short intervals. It caused major behavioral issues in an otherwise amiable and cooperative little boy. We tried this game at different intervals, and he had his membership revoked both times. There is no old enough to handle it, it definitely did sometthing to my son, he is not himself when allowed to play this game.
Educator and Parent Written byilovemybirds34 July 17, 2013

this game sucks

well me and my son use to play together alot until i had my toon high and i couldnt remember the email address so i cant play that toon anymore then he decided to play again his account has been hacked and they decided to terminated his account for things he didnt say theres way too much hacking in the game and toontown dont care they wont even do anything about it my account even got terminated one time for something my son did and i was half way maxed i wasnt able to get my account back at all there is also too much nasty sexual behavior on there too many bots being made all they care about is the money they dont even try to get hackers out of there so we can enjoy our playing it use to be good
Parent Written byEden300 September 19, 2012

TOONTOWN STINKS

Toontown is fun at first. Ive been a member over 8 yrs but there are many problems. The main one is with hackers who steal accts, disconnect u, do all kinds of glitches & cheat. My toon still isn't maxed & I'm meeting toons daily now who cheated to max their toons and even tell me about it! 137 is max; my toon has been 134 for almost a yr. & I play all the time It's extremely difficult to max your toon, but the cheaters do it all the time - so unfair. 8 ys x $80= $640 spent!!! Look at racing for example. Look at the all time high scoreboards ALL ARE THE CHEATERS If you try and race (I did yesterday) a cheater came on and did a glitch on me so I lost. And I have to win 400 races to meet the racing requirement!!!! I have reported all this to tt more than once but they ignore you. TT has no ph number you can call btw - they dont care about u at all just ur $$$. It really stinks for a Disney company, no quality or attention that u would expect really says alot about Disney as a co.Oh & bad toons say FILTHY things on tt very very bad things using the "approved words" (like I wanna rake u)
Parent Written byTomBarrister May 11, 2012

The game has gone way downhill.

At one time (perhaps up to 2008), the game was reasonably good. I don't recommend the game anymore, and especially not for kids. Most of the subscribers are angry adults or rude teens. There are a lot of bullies, there is a lot of hacking, and there is a lot of elitism in the game. It's not a healthy environment for kids. On top of that, the game is full of "bugs"/"glitches" that hamper game play, lag is bad on busy servers (districts), and players get disconnected frequently, often in the middle of a long game or task. It's just not worth it anymore.
Parent Written byIamaMom April 16, 2012

adults play too - excellent game

Toontown can certainly be addictive. I should know, as an adult who plays way too much. I think it is important for parents to realize there are many adults who play. Most of the adult players I have met started playing with their children, and then discovered, as I did, that the game contains sufficient depth and strategy to be interesting for players of all ages. Fortunately, the adult players I have met appear to have the best interests of the children at heart, and work to keep this a child friendly game. With that said, there is always the potential for a child to be approached by an adult with criminal intent. For this reason, it might be a good idea to not permit your child to have open chat (they can be limited to the speed chat). However, open chat is almost necessary when/if they reach the higher levels of the game, as many players will not invite chatless toons into battle groups. I eventually "caved" and gave my daughter chat, with clear instructions (I hope) on safe chat vs. unsafe. Other comments -- she learned a lot of math early on (number of points to defeat a cog), and her typing skills improved once she got chat. I was initially taken aback by the cartoon violence, and somewhat concerned about its psychological effects. But ... the enemy is always a robot. Does it really harm a child to see a piano dropped on a robot? You have to decide that for yourself. I rated this for 7+ because of the violence and chat issues, but my daughter started much younger. I like the cooperative aspect of the game. Occasionally there are toons or groups (bored teens?) that will attempt to sabotage other players, but almost all toons, kids and adults, are in the game to have fun and work together. All in all, it's a fun game, but you may want to watch that it doesn't take over your child's (or your own, lol) life!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGoodSSJ June 21, 2011

Baby Don't Know How To Play This,But It's Fun For Babies To Watch

Babies Will Not Know The Controls,But It Would Be Better If They Watched Kids 7 And Older Play
Parent of a 14 year old Written bysexy hot December 31, 2010

did yoj mom idjkx ckxisdijd jdiiii
Adult Written bybluestreak October 1, 2010

Toontown is terrific.

Love it, but one problem its too strict when it come to gags (1999 gag points, or level 4), or tasks (limited to Toontown Central), without special passes, or credit cards, those passes are not available outside of U.S..
Parent of a 7 year old Written bysellskater July 17, 2010

e.g. Perfect for older kids and adaults

i havent played it yet but i think it,ll be awsome
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjose211 July 13, 2010

toontown online

i love toontown for my kids
Parent of a 7 year old Written byinex April 30, 2010