Parent reviews for Toontown Online

Toontown Online Poster Image

This game is 100% not meant for kids!

You can say explicit content and inappropriate and dangerous things when the safety feature is bypassed! Also the difficulty for a 9 year old kid to get from (15 Laff Points - 30 Laff Points) is Insane! There is no way a 9 year old kid would be able to level up easily without frustration and crying because the algorithm on Cog spawning in districts is so terrible! I am a 24 year old Adult and even I had to put some considerable effort in, Heck I used to play this game everyday as a kid and it's Not Like The Original! STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME UNLESS YOU LIKE HAVING A BAD AND UNFAIR TIME!

Stay away from this game.

If you care about the mental health of you, or a loved one, I'd stay as FAR away from this game as possible. It's infested with pedophiles, cyberbullies, and overall just filled with terrible people. It's toxic, It's tedious, It's addicting, and It's aged HORRIBLY. There was a time where the game was good for kids to learn strategy and teamwork, those days are gone however. The community itself is no exception. You basically get your reputation completely tarnished if you piss off the wrong people in this community. So if you do decide to play the game; play it for the game itself and not the garbage community that drags it down.

Toontown rewritten!!!

This game is great and the community is mostly friendly except for some people. Be warned that the player base is now teens and adults rather than kids like toontown online was. Toontown rewritten is completely free to play.

Personally...it's Awful

I'll be very honest...looking back at this game over half a year of not playing it, I think Toontown in general is a terrible game. Many elements of it rub me the wrong way to where it gets me really angry. To get the good elements out of the way, the game is creative with its setup and can have some original designs with the robots(yea, yea I know they're "cogs") and soundtrack. That's it. Where do I began with the terribles things about this game? Let me just say that people only scratch the surface about this game, because one of the biggest issues I have with it is the main point of the game: to fight the robots. Here's the thing, when you're a kid, you are not supposed to be concerned about the business world, but the game makes it appear like you have to be because you have to fight back at it. It portrays adults like they are nothing but unemotional workaholics who only want you to grow up to be like them. Well, hey, the reality is that when you grow up, you HAVE to get into the work field yourself. OK, is the game trying to convey the message of just be a kid? You can, you can be a kid, because you're not old enough to work. Not only is this whole setup, which yes I did like the creativity about it but not itself, confused, but it is completely appalling as it can give the kids the mindset that adults are the enemy. Most parents do not try manipulate their kids at such a young age, they only want them to be themselves and have fun before they grow up and realize they have to be like the robots in this game. It's almost like the game shines kids away from the reality of growing up and adapting, trying to convey the idea that you have to stay a kid while also dismissing the workfield, something they shouldn't even be introduced to yet. I almost feel like someone in production of the game wanted revenge on an adult from their childhood that tried to manipulate them and make them completely aware of the work field and how it'll affect their lives. And, I'm sorry, this is a serious flaw of the game. Do we really want to have a world where children go into an office building and throw squirt guns and pies everywhere? That's a good way to get grounded(or worse). Should kids be the ones to murder hardworking people in a factory? If the game even does have some kind of moral to it, it's completely lost, confused, and possibly even offensive to hardworking people with kids. That's one thing, something I also have to criticize is the animation of the game. Some things look okay like some of the designs of the robots are kind of unique. Yet, a lot of them are just reused for another. The Telemarketer and the Spin Doctor have the exact same head and body, and so does the Short Change and Cold Caller! The Bloodsucker and Mover & Shaker have the same outline, the Yesman, Glad Hander, and Hollywood all have the same face. The Name Dropper and Number Cruncher also have the same head shape. Even The Mingler and Two-Face have the same head shape. Couldn't this game have been more creative with that? The animal toon designs range from cheap to irritating to look at. The pig looks okay, but animals like the monkey and ESPECIALLY the cat are just so generic and uncomfortable to look at. The animation itself could've been better, especially from Disney in 2003. It doesn't hold up to this day, it looks better in 1996 or something. The community has always, been, AWFUL. The people are either toxic, impudent, or both, all thanks to when they opened chat. I could argue it has changed people's minds in a bad way. People on this game can be huge jerks to each other for no reason. A lot of people(ranging in age) have this very odd way of talking to each other through these stupid text emojis. The awkward but also awkward face: o_o The "you're weird" face: o_O and o.O The anime-laugh face: xD The awkwardly surprised face: o.o and the constant, constant dork face: :P Along with the way everyone communicates on the game including "long, sound" for fighting a factory. These people have literally developed their own language, a degenerating one. Using words like "noob" and abbreviations like "bldg". People don't even take the game seriously anymore, they treat it more like they're ordering something on the phone: "I'd like a 'short soundless', please." "Yes, can I have a 'boarding group', please?" "I'd like to order a "D", please." That last one refers to the Offices in Lawbot HQ. If you all talk like this, why do you still even play it? It baffles me to think that people are this desperate to keep the game alive. I mean honestly, Toontown "Rewritten"? What's even rewritten about it, it's practically the same exact game? Along with this one server called Toontown "Offline", that's where you can be nothing but bullies and use such offensive language. Yea, that'll be great for kids... Can't you have just let this game rest in peace? So, yea, horrible game to be. Used to like it as a kid, but now flipped sides entirely now as an adult

Never exprienced but age-appropiate

I played TTR the remake, because it's discontinued The moderation is good, toons battle cogs, but its the main storyline, Dating parties are uncommon, the language is only filtered by a dictionary of words, newer games by Disney like Club Penguin, you can even say the F-Word in club penguin and not get banned.

Very Good Game

Very good game when you are really young and personally, I think this is the first MMORPG kids should play. Also, there is a remake of this game.

-=CLOSED=-

Toontown closed on September 19, 2013. Played for 5 years :)

Addictive in a bad way, can't play for short intervals - forget about it

My son became way too entranced with this game and became way too involved with his "friends" (unknown players). It was addictive and impossible to play at short intervals. It caused major behavioral issues in an otherwise amiable and cooperative little boy. We tried this game at different intervals, and he had his membership revoked both times. There is no old enough to handle it, it definitely did sometthing to my son, he is not himself when allowed to play this game.

this game sucks

well me and my son use to play together alot until i had my toon high and i couldnt remember the email address so i cant play that toon anymore then he decided to play again his account has been hacked and they decided to terminated his account for things he didnt say theres way too much hacking in the game and toontown dont care they wont even do anything about it my account even got terminated one time for something my son did and i was half way maxed i wasnt able to get my account back at all there is also too much nasty sexual behavior on there too many bots being made all they care about is the money they dont even try to get hackers out of there so we can enjoy our playing it use to be good

TOONTOWN STINKS

Toontown is fun at first. Ive been a member over 8 yrs but there are many problems. The main one is with hackers who steal accts, disconnect u, do all kinds of glitches & cheat. My toon still isn't maxed & I'm meeting toons daily now who cheated to max their toons and even tell me about it! 137 is max; my toon has been 134 for almost a yr. & I play all the time It's extremely difficult to max your toon, but the cheaters do it all the time - so unfair. 8 ys x $80= $640 spent!!! Look at racing for example. Look at the all time high scoreboards ALL ARE THE CHEATERS If you try and race (I did yesterday) a cheater came on and did a glitch on me so I lost. And I have to win 400 races to meet the racing requirement!!!! I have reported all this to tt more than once but they ignore you. TT has no ph number you can call btw - they dont care about u at all just ur $$$. It really stinks for a Disney company, no quality or attention that u would expect really says alot about Disney as a co.Oh & bad toons say FILTHY things on tt very very bad things using the "approved words" (like I wanna rake u)