Kid reviews for Total War: Rome II

Compelling war strategy game combines brains with brawn.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 24, 2014

Good in itself, but compared with the original?

I bought the original Rome Total War in 2010 on amazon, including its expansion packs, for £9.00. Amazing deal. A great central game, along with a challenging semi-sequel and an interesting and clever side game. Total War Rome 2 though? Not worth the £30.00 it costs on steam. It has blasting away graphics, and includes naval battles, but other than that Rome Total War 1 is the superior game. I'm not a bad general on Rome 1, but even on easy mode I can't win any battles unless I have a massive advantage on Rome 2. Its a good battle simulator, and slightly educational, but if you've played any Total War games other than Medieval 1 and Shogun 1 you're bound to be disappointed. Only for die hard Total War fans in my opinion. Get the original, its better and more fun :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byRiver112 January 9, 2021

This is an amazing game!

Teen, 15 years old Written byAugusto22 March 8, 2014

The "best strategy game"

This game does not really deserve the good reviews it receives. It is poorly optimized(even with a good computer you can get a FPS of 15) It was an epic fail on the launch date, crashing repeatedly, and is still being patched to this day. Finally it is way too easy. I suggest getting Shogun Total War 2.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAgentGuru18 November 25, 2013

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

This is worse than a plane on fire flying into a tornado. Don't bother buying this train wreck of a game. Do yourself a favour and buy Red Dead Redemption, a real game.

Kid, 10 years old November 22, 2013

not bad at all

pretty cool and ive only watched it! no swears no drugs just a cool game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGamer31 November 16, 2013

Buy this now

This title really depends on what your kid is like.
1. Being the fact that it has massive amounts of deaths and few brutal kill animations during the fighting, and after the battle, bodies will litter the battlefield.
2. This game also does have some alcohol and drug references at times.
3. But this game does teach European geography, makes you think with the battles, and gives you a basic idea of how countries were back then.
BUY IT NOW!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Nerd September 30, 2013

WoW!!

The only game which i played longer than Age of Empires 3. Helps me to use my brain a lot in each and every step/decision I make.