Parent reviews for Virtual Villagers: A New Home

Virtual Villagers: A New Home Poster Image

And hey, there's a version on the App Store- for free!

Baby making is the only thing I am concerned with. Otherwise, fine app. And yes, skeletons litter the ground then graves are made They say: "Here lies Nizas..."

not rated for age
not rated for age

Great fun!

This is a great game, it not only simulates society and life, but it teaches kids patience as unlike most games, things don't happen instantaneously. Such as the pregnancy stage. Find me a child who thinks waiting 5-8 hours a short time to wait :). To them I guess it would seem like months, ages - you get my point. Also, there are various careers, and it is not limited to gender, either males or females can be builders, scientists or foragers. Great fun and also very practical as the probabilities of offspring being male or female is pretty random. I enjoy the fact that right from the very beginning of the game, you are given a very enjoyable scenario. With ages ranging from toddlers to elders showing that everyone can work together. Also, it addresses the issue of death and child birth, but only lightly, the dead can be buried in the burial ground (no corpses or blood shown)- just a cartoon skeleton, and the childbirth happening when the female emerges from hut with 'the bundle of joy' :P. Overall, it was a very enjoyable game which I played only for an hour (as I downloaded the trial version).